The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

It's also arguable that Chelsea are more focused on the CL too, the motivation factor is significant I agree and we look more hungry for it than we have in a good while.

A question Juni posed on MSN the other day for you now, which United player do you most fear being injured? I answered Scholes fwiw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here. IMO scholes has been the premiership player of the season so far. so good.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

It's also arguable that Chelsea are more focused on the CL too, the motivation factor is significant I agree and we look more hungry for it than we have in a good while.

A question Juni posed on MSN the other day for you now, which United player do you most fear being injured? I answered Scholes fwiw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's him or Ronaldo, certainly. I'd go for Ronaldo more because i'd slightly favour a midfield of

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Ronaldo Carrick Giggs Park </pre>

over

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Park Carrick Scholes Giggs </pre>

With the former even giving us the option we've all talked about for a while of Rooney coming into midfield in the middle were that to be deemed neccessary, especially given his finishing at the minute. Allied to that, there's more likelihood (although it's all relative) of us getting a central midfielder than a wide player in the transfer window.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Does Razor Eddie look like Jesus in person or is it just the angle of the photo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are no stigmata but, yeah, I'm me right enough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

'66 icon_cool.gif

'67 icon_cool.gif

'68 icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

25 years icon_frown.gif

And then it got icon_cool.gif again. icon_biggrin.gif

Club > Country

I have tickets for Watford and Pompey (FA Cup). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So how much (if at all) was the european cup win tarnished by (whisper it) <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">the bitters beating us to the league </pre>?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

'66 icon_cool.gif

'67 icon_cool.gif

'68 icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

25 years icon_frown.gif

And then it got icon_cool.gif again. icon_biggrin.gif

Club > Country

I have tickets for Watford and Pompey (FA Cup). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So how much (if at all) was the european cup win tarnished by (whisper it) <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">the bitters beating us to the league </pre>? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbh, I didn't give a toss at the time. Winning the European Cup removed all other issues to the back of my mind. But then, I was only 12 back then.

Getting demoted by them (The Bitters) was a much worse thing to happen. Denis icon_frown.gif

Having Robbie Fowler score 5 goals at OT > Country.

Just making my point clear like. Last I'll say on it. Honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats the first scenario ive ever considered in which id actually prefer england to win the world cup

In fact "what Mika said" to everything on this page except...

Having Robbie Fowler score 5 goals at OT > Country.

Just making my point clear like. Last I'll say on it. Honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

..that.

foMika icon_biggrin.gif

Club > country, but you don't have to hate England to be a United fan. I'd prefer England won the World Cup for instance to us winning the Carling Cup (in part because of United's England players tbf). FA Cup vs World Cup I'm stuck on and undecided. League / CL >>>> WC.

I didn't 'get' the 93 thing at all - I was young and had only followed the club from 1990 onwards where we'd won three trophies and been a 'good' team, so it was only a matter of time in my eyes. Older reds I know were unbelievably emotional though. And I LOVED Pallister scoring as well :*******)

'96 was special for me - the pain of being at the final the year before hadn't fully gone away until James came for it and then CANTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

'99 being there when we beat Tottenham was unreal, but also had a sort of 'half-done' feeling to it - didn't celebrate the championship too much because we knew we'd got the others coming.

'03 was quality. I didn't see as many of the good games that year though, so a little bit of a let down. Was in Leeds though when they beat Arsenal to stay up and win us the league, had a BELTER of a night.

This year would be quality, but would have Glazer hanging over it imho.

FAO THEIS:

Had the assessment days yet mate? How did they go?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Club > country, but you don't have to hate England to be a United fan. I'd prefer England won the World Cup for instance to us winning the Carling Cup (in part because of United's England players tbf). FA Cup vs World Cup I'm stuck on and undecided. League / CL >>>> WC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah id go with that. domestic cups on their own dont really count for much for me really.

I care about the domestic cups if we get to the semis/final, before that they're merely exercise for the squad players/a chance to blood the young players.

Once we're at the business end though I do like to win, any trophy is better than none.

Oddly I probably like the Carling Cup more than the FA Cup because we do get to see the young players and all the games are night games icon_cool.gif

Cannot STAND the media hype. The thing is they do it so much it just takes on an almost apologetic, defensive tone. Harping on and on and ON about how it's still the greatest cup competition in the world just goes to prove in a peverse way that it isn't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

losing on pens to Arsenal hurt far more than any Carling Cup game ever could :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed but that was more because we utterly battered them and the fact that it was Arsenal, rather than the competition name for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Yeah I hate the whole "underdogs" with shirts sponsored by the sun, jester wearing first game they've ever been to, airhorn, shitty wigs, huge flags, brand new replica shirt, utter cuuuunts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

whs

p.s. i'll remember to bring spaced saturday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Yeah I hate the whole "underdogs" with shirts sponsored by the sun, jester wearing first game they've ever been to, airhorn, shitty wigs, huge flags, brand new replica shirt, utter cuuuunts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are NOT going to like me when I turn up for that Charlton game...

On which note, I may try and abuse your (or anyone elses) kindness for Bolton / Blackburn the following month.

If you turn up with a jester hat and an airhorn I will shove it straight up your arse and get Razor Eddie to sodomise you.

Shouldn't be a problem with Bolton/Blackburn either, will let you know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif SO tempted to do it now, just to see the look on all of your faces. I'll not even be wearing a replica shirt actually - will be sporting my Cantona Mancunian Dollar t-shirt.

Will let you know which of the two matches it is in, oooh, 6 days, once I've confirmed other plans. You're a legend, as always mate icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yeah the "magic" regurgitation, as I said in another thread, is b*llocks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For all that that's true now, you have to remember it's probably only in the last 10ish years that the so called 'magic' has waned. us doing the double in 94 and 96 were huge achievments, and we went into the 95 cup final believing that it would be some consolation for losing the title. In '90 it was considered a big enough trophy to keep Fergie his job. What you also have to remember is that the vast majority of the journalists writing and speaking about the magic of the cup are of Eddie's generation, let alone mine. So i have some sympathy for the nostalgia for the old magic, especially from people who have had far more time watching a competition that wasn't considered hugely below the league title, rather than the much distant third place it's considered now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

If you turn up with a jester hat and an airhorn I will shove it straight up your arse and get Razor Eddie to sodomise you.

Shouldn't be a problem with Bolton/Blackburn either, will let you know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif SO tempted to do it now, just to see the look on all of your faces. I'll not even be wearing a replica shirt actually - will be sporting my Cantona Mancunian Dollar t-shirt.

Will let you know which of the two matches it is in, oooh, 6 days, once I've confirmed other plans. You're a legend, as always mate icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got this season's United home top (ebay ofc), wore it to a game and James game me abuse, haven't worn it to a game since icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

icon_biggrin.gif SO tempted to do it now, just to see the look on all of your faces. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Admit it, you just want the Razor Eddie treatment.

Archived