The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

i'm not sure if these have been posted before..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The tune is Mcnamara's band a Bing Crosby hit many years ago.

(Some sang a Brian McClair song to it also)

His name is Henrik Larrson

he's a swedish goal machine

he used to play for Celtic

but doesn't know Roy Keane

he played for Barcalona too

and has a baldy head

but we don't give a ****

because now the mans a red

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By the "famous" Peter Boyle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> To the tune of "take a chance on me" by Abba.

"When you've no men up front and the owners a ****

Who won't pay a fee

Henrik Larrson's free

Who needs Torres or Jermain Defoe

But in ten weeks time hes got to go"

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By some random guy on RI forum.

What do you think?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

FACIFBYB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs. 1990 was fantastic, made me develop a soft spot for the fa cup that i doubt i'll ever lose. only being at the two losing finals out of seven in my 'lifetime' has tested my love for it though icon_mad.gif

re: something that was said earlier - would take a carling cup win for us over a world cup for england anyday, although that says more about my antipathy towards england that any great love for the carling cup.

and larsson definitely worth the £1.2m if it comes to that, stay henke :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'd just like to point out the Law didn't send us down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He scored for City against us. Admittedly, it wasn't him that singlehandedly sent us down, but . . .

Random late night thoughts - have just watched that youtube video in the Beckham thread of the 3-3 Barca 99 games. In the first game at OT we wore our away kit - when was the last time we did that at home? I genuinely can't think of an occasion you know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

FAO THEIS:

Had the assessment days yet mate? How did they go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No not yet, they are still keeping me waiting for a date. Cheers once again for the advice.

P.S. It was me who voted for you as overall user of the year in the offies icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

also happened very close to the release date of the blue kit, pure coincidence I'm sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the blue kit so awesome, the silver lettering :*)

Veron's chip :*)

Man I loved that season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

also happened very close to the release date of the blue kit, pure coincidence I'm sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the blue kit so awesome, the silver lettering :*)

Veron's chip :*)

Man I loved that season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blue kit :***)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

is it wrong that i still want ruud's babies? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ponies are expensive to rais iirc.

Sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

He's gone and not coming back. Get over it. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

He's gone and not coming back. Get over it. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

United want treble repeat

Manchester United number two Carlos Queiroz insists that The Red Devils are looking to emulate their treble success of 1999.

Sir Alex Ferguson's side are desperate to recapture the Premiership crown they have gone without since 2003.

"It's not enough for us to compete only for the league," he told United Radio.

"We also have ambitions and a great desire to win the other competitions as well.

"The reality at the moment dictates that the championship will probably be a two-horse race.

"But that isn't the case when it comes to the FA Cup and Champions League - it's wrong to think those competitions are also between us and Chelsea."

Queiroz also feels that United cannot think that the title is already won.

"We deserve our position because we're playing the best football in the league at the moment and all the lads are doing very well," he said.

"But we haven't won anything yet though. We're in a good position as a result of our hard work, commitment and concentration and we must keep that going until the end of the season.

"The race will not be easy and I'm sure Chelsea will not give us any chances to make mistakes.

"We cannot just enjoy the fact that we're six points clear, we need to build on that.

"If we don't, then that is when you make mistakes and one small mistake could represent big punishment for us.

"Letting our focus and our state of alertness slip even just a little bit is the wrong attitude for us." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus Christ they're all at it.

He's right about not letting our attitude slip though.

haha that ruud video, thought he had pace for a second, then i realised it was keown he was tearing away from.

thats what i was thinking Taz, Xavi will never come to us, and I wouldnt swap ronaldo for anyone in the world tbh.

Wes Brown for £5mill is an absolute steal, I cant see it happening as it means Silv is 3rd choice back up, I wouldnt be so against it if we had Evans/Pique at the club and we got a bit more cash. WBIFB.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Skipper playing it cool

Gary Neville is refusing to get carried away in the title race despite United's six point lead over champions Chelsea.

The Reds' skipper said recently that he fully expects more twists and turns between now and May, and he has reiterated the need to stay calm over the coming months as United look, at the very least, to maintain their advantage over Jose Mourinho's men.

"Until the campaign gets to March I think we are still jostling for positions," the England right back is quoted as saying in the Manchester Evening News. "We are only just over halfway. It is not a race yet. People want to try and create a race and I can understand that.

"But as a player you just look to get to March and April. Then you have internationals returning and you could be in the mix in the Champions League and the FA Cup. That is when you are involved in a dogfight.

"At this moment in time it is still quite calm," he added. "We are not discussing championships and winning FA Cups or the Champions League. We just look to keep ourselves in a good position and keep our form.

"I am not going to say now that this Manchester United team are going to win the championship because I know full well that, with 16 games to go, in a week we could be 12 points clear or we could have our lead wiped away. That's the way a championship goes.

"For two or three years we haven't achieved what we would like to have achieved. But we are confident the way we are playing and we have a determination to do something."

Despite having seen the team underachieve over the last three seasons, the Reds' captain says he always expected United to get back on the track.

"I never feared that we wouldn't turn it around again in my time," insisted the defender who turns 32 next month. "The manager has said publicly over the last few years that we were in a period of transition with younger players and it would take time for them to mature and for us to develop as a team. That has happened.

"There was no doubt it was going to come back to a better level for us because we have good players. What you are seeing now are players playing to their capabilities.

"There are many challenges ahead of us in all competitions," he added. "It is exciting and something to be enjoyed. We are certainly not fearing it. We never fear any match at United. That just would never happen." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically Mark in disguise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

haha that ruud video, thought he had pace for a second, then i realised it was keown he was tearing away from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*froths*

I cant see us selling Wes unless he asks to go. Would be stupid as well.

Looking at our defence we have Nev, Rio, Vida and Evra as first choice. Then if i'm not forgetting anyone its O'Shea, Brown, Silvestre and Heinze as back up.

Looking at the i'm not against 2 of the 4 back up players moving on and Evans/Pique coming back to us next season and moving up to be back up players.

Brown - Wouldnt sell at all, can cover centre back or right back and is a good defender. Strong, fast, good in the air and still at a good age.

O'Shea - Wouldnt play him at centre back, is ok at right back but yet again i dont ever see him being very good any more. Its more a case of him being a jack of all trades and a master of none. Would happily sell him.

Silvestre - When he gets a good run in the side he does well but when you bring him in for the odd gae here and there he does seem to switch off more than usual. That combined with his age and again i would sell him to allow us to bring through a youngster or two.

Heinze - Again its that age thing. With how well Evra is doing i dont really believe Gaby will see enough playing time to get back to his best and the summer might be a good time to cash in. Especially if we are looking to sign Bale.

So basically keep brown, sell the others if you must, Heinze for a good fee and let one or two youngsters step up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

FAO THEIS:

Had the assessment days yet mate? How did they go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No not yet, they are still keeping me waiting for a date. Cheers once again for the advice.

P.S. It was me who voted for you as overall user of the year in the offies icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, that explains it icon_biggrin.gif

Not that I'm not a BRILLIANT user btw, just that quality so rarely beats quantity on OTF.

ffs cant we just concentrate on winning the league instead of getting all giddy and uttering nonsense about repeating the treble?

that was a special, special team in a wonderful wonderful season and will never be repeated, particularly not with this squad.

NEVER icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Like JM has the final say over there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like Mika said, from what hes been saying it seems its the board who have decided nobody will be signed.

Whilst still being in a good position in all three competitions is obviously good, its blatently going to end up with fixture congestion and our small squad blowing up with two runners up medals in the cups and losing the league on the last day.

League will have been lost well before then. We're out of the CL at the quarters, and the FA Cup as soon as we meet Arsenal. On the last day of the season we MIGHT have cause to celebrate, if we've been able to hold off Liverpool for 2nd spot.

[/Mika]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Meh id take mourinho asap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i really, really wouldn't.

as i said in another thread, i'm not doubting his credentials or ability as a manager in any way shape or form, i just don't think we'd be right for him or him for us.

League will have been lost well before then. We're out of the CL at the quarters, and the FA Cup as soon as we meet Arsenal. On the last day of the season we MIGHT have cause to celebrate, if we've been able to hold off Liverpool for 2nd spot.

[/Mika] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're learning icon14.gif

Barring the Liverpool bit, I actually think that it'll work out exactly as you have said actually icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

Meh id take mourinho asap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i really, really wouldn't.

as i said in another thread, i'm not doubting his credentials or ability as a manager in any way shape or form, i just don't think we'd be right for him or him for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely agree, word for word.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

From his quotes it looks like he wants players but has been told that he isn't having any. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's also possible that a series of quotes saying they want players but won't pay over the odds, followed by a series saying they won't be buying anyone, is actually a media campaign to try to reduce the 'Chelsea Tarriff' that gets added on to the fee quoted for any player when they're the buyer. If selling chairmen start to believe that Jose has had the pinch put on his transfer budget, they may be willing to settle for a lower fee than they would otherwise have accepted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

id take mourinho in a heartbeat, the only person who comes close to fergie around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>He doesn't play the united way though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

id take mourinho in a heartbeat, the only person who comes close to fergie around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>He doesn't play the united way though icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. If you're happy with Mourinho, you're saying you'd take Queiroz if he won more games.

United want treble repeat

Jesus Christ they're all at it.

He's right about not letting our attitude slip though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was first, iirc. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Second monthly gong for Ron

Cristiano Ronaldo has won the Barclays Player of the Month award for the second month in a row.

Following on from his November prize, the Manchester United winger has become only the third player to win consecutive awards.

The 21-year-old continued his fine form at the end of 2006 with six goals in seven games in December.

Ronaldo began the month with a goal in the 3-1 win over rivals Manchester City before he bagged a brace in the away victory at Aston Villa.

A further pair of goals followed in the wins over Wigan and Reading at Old Trafford.

The excellent goalscoring month has left Ronaldo just one goal back of Didier Drogba in the race for this season's Golden Boot.

It is the first time in almost 10 years that a player has won the player of the month award in succession.

"Ronaldo continued his fine form from November and said goodbye to 2006 in fantastic style," Barclays Awards Panel member Jim Hytner said.

"His pace, quick feet and eye for goal are proving to be a real handful for defences at the moment, as his return of seven goals from six games in December illustrates."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived