The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Would rather have team of Scousers playing for us than Ronaldo at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Me too, Cronaldo is f**king disgusting I hope he joins Beckham and soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

blaming ronnie \0/

morons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

f**k off. no need to run to the ref like that. he's a slimey greasy diving crybaby c**t </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by displaced_seagull:

I hope Ronaldo dies. And now I'm off to get hammered.

COME ONE NEW SEASON. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

underdelivering twat.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

calm down calm down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Baptista_8:

I hope Neville, Rio, Smithy, Rooney and the Horse kick the **** out of Ronaldo tbh, **** up his career </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamieDay:

Rooney is fb but I hope Ronaldo dies in a plane crash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Club didn't enter his mind. I turned against him initially, on the train home, changed my mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't care, he's leaving and RvN is staying \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by niggle:

die ronaldo you greasy haired cheating cnunt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, sell him for £20 mill plus and get someone who isn't a greasy crying diver in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sick and tired of this "defend all United players no matter what" lunacy. he's a c**t end of story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zink:

if he is still here, it'll just want lots of repeated "where's yer dad gone" chants.

make the greasy nonce cry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Excolo:

Ronaldo has been inconsistent all year, and most of the time all he does is tricks, whines if he doesnt get a freekick (usually for very little contact), takes many shots which go wide/over and rarely puts in a good ball, where as Park gets on with the game, doesnt do anything fancy but has produced many more assists and cost a lot less. Not really a choice which kind of player id rather have at utd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Park > Ronaldo icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Geordie:

as good a player as he is, the lad is a c0ck and to me he didn't have the look of someone who will be playing for Man United next season. There was just something about his body language to me that suggests he'll be off to pastures new. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I feel so superior in the knowledge that i was one of a few people who actually didnt say one bad thing about Ronaldo this summer and just supported the guy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

likewise :*)

(well, ok, i said he could gtf if he wanted away, but that's irrelevant)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I feel so superior in the knowledge that i was one of a few people who actually didnt say one bad thing about Ronaldo this summer and just supported the guy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Same icon_cool.gif

Infact i almost got a smack in a pub for cheering his penalty icon_biggrin.gif

You know james, before being a **** about Park>Ronaldo stuff last season it was a FACT that Park>Ronaldo when you took in consideration the time on pitch for both of them and the number of assists and build-up play in which both were involved.

Park had twice the assists of Ronaldo and 3/4 more involved in the build-up play than him while only having slightly above half the minutes played by Ronaldo.

The only area where Ronaldo was superior was goals scored and that was thanks to his incredible 3 game form he had last season when he scored 6 games. Other than that he was completely useless all season long.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

You know james, before being a **** about Park>Ronaldo stuff last season it was a FACT that Park>Ronaldo when you took in consideration the time on pitch for both of them and the number of assists and build-up play in which both were involved.

Park had twice the assists of Ronaldo and 3/4 more involved in the build-up play than him while only having slightly above half the minutes played by Ronaldo.

The only area where Ronaldo was superior was goals scored and that was thanks to his incredible 3 game form he had last season when he scored 6 <STRIKE>games</STRIKE> goals. Other than that he was completely useless all season long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever. I searched high and low for stats at the end of the season to be able to back up my views when i had this argument.

So if last season somebody said that *>Evra it would mean he was an idiot? No he was not because it's a fact that Evra last season was a useless piece of meat in the team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I wouldn't say it was a FACT. Actually I'd say it was a LIE. And that comes from a Park-lover, instead of the frothing bundle of Park-hatred that makes up James's mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's automatically a fact if you post it in capitals. That's how you tell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

it's a fact that Evra last season was a useless piece of meat in the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, it's not

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Yeh me loved ronaldo still :*)

Could just tell he was going to have a beckham type season, we won the treble last time one of our players was hated all over the country. Mon Treble </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, whs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

id take mourinho in a heartbeat, the only person who comes close to fergie around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>He doesn't play the united way though icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm perhaps we should get keegan then.

i know what you mean, but

entertaining and winning >>>> winning >>>>>> ruud >>>>>> losing and entertaining >>>>>>>> losing

id rather take the 2nd option than the 4th

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

id take mourinho in a heartbeat, the only person who comes close to fergie around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>He doesn't play the united way though icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm perhaps we should get keegan then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's no middle ground there then?

I feel so superior in the knowledge that i was one of a few people who actually didnt say one bad thing about Ronaldo this summer and just supported the guy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same.

loyalty icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Spurs away tickets came this morning, £21 - i'm very pleased, £44 for adults haha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you just really young looking or are you actually a child

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

hmm perhaps we should get keegan then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's no middle ground there then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you forgot the bit where i said 'i know what you mean.'

mourinho is the best young manager there is, rather him than anyone else. i dont see too many out there right now that could have us winning 'the united way' bar the man in the hotseat at this very moment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Spurs away tickets came this morning, £21 - i'm very pleased, £44 for adults haha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you just really young looking or are you actually a child </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am 15, £21 for U16 tickets.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Eddie, you can take the campaign slogan out of your location now

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Did it work yet ? icon_wink.gif

Second monthly gong for Ron

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome, well deserved. icon14.gif

The only time I criticised Ronaldo from what I can remember was around the time of the Benfica game last season when I wanted him to be dropped, and I stand by what I said.

My anti-England obsession naturally meant that I thought he was whiter than white during the summer though icon_cool.gif

mourinho would do press conferences the united way icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just no icon_mad.gif

Frankly if you asked me whether I'd want an exciting thrill a minute season like 01/02 and win nothing or a season full of grinding 1-0 wins and the title, it would be a harder decision than you might think.

01/02 both one of the painful, but one of the best seasons for me in a number of ways...weird.

guess it depends just how important silverware is to each person as an individual supporter in terms of the enjoyment they get out of following united i guess. i'm like matt - we may not have won anything but 01/02 was pretty enjoyable. obviously winning games and trophies is preferable but i seriously think i'd prefer to 'just' be in contention while playing attractive football than to win stuff playing how Chelsea do (i think i'd have enjoyed being an arsenal fan more than a chelsea one last season, genuinely).

i think my 'attacking football that may leave us trophyless' > 'dull football that wins trophies' view is probably largely because my generation has been so ridiculously spoilt in terms of trophies. doubtless if i were a liverpool fan (ergh) things would be a bit different.

well, if they had any kind of tradition for playing good football ofc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'd like to give my congratulations to Nick for becoming Manchester United researcher, I'm sure he'll do better than that other joker icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pires could have done better than that other joker tbf.

Congrats Nick. Make Silvestre shyte, eh? icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

tbh as Man Utd fans of our generation nick we have been spoilt silly by both trophies and entertaining football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a bad thing ? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Just got an image of Nick bounding up to his girlfriend all happy telling her the news. Then he explains its an unpaid job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahhaa fantastic icon_biggrin.gif

i think my 'attacking football that may leave us trophyless' > 'dull football that wins trophies' view is probably largely because my generation has been so ridiculously spoilt in terms of trophies. doubtless if i were a liverpool fan (ergh) things would be a bit different.

well, if they had any kind of tradition for playing good football ofc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the problem with that whole debate is that the implication of the two given options is that it's easier to win playing negative football. Yet if you look at the league winners since the premiership started (football started in '92 \o/), and you very crudely split the winners into teams that wanted to win by scoring more than the opposition, and teams that wanted to win by conceding less (I know it doesn't make sense, but you get my point) then i'd take United and Arsenal in camp one, and Chelsea and Blackburn in camp two. I believe that makes it 11-3 to the attacking teams. Even if you think we skew the stats, it's 3 each just putting Arsenal up against the other 2.

Archived