The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

You will have to kill me to get to him icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right Mika, that is too far........I am really worried about you now. I don't think you are getting enough sleep. icon_wink.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

The United no. 27 shirt should never be seen on the pitch again either imo.

What's the Saha situation? Can we give Rooney a rest tomorrow pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saha's available, but Fergie's insisted in his press conference that Rooney won't be (and doesn't need to be) rested :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, but I want a Saha / Larsson partnership icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

The United no. 27 shirt should never be seen on the pitch again either imo.

What's the Saha situation? Can we give Rooney a rest tomorrow pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saha's available, but Fergie's insisted in his press conference that Rooney won't be (and doesn't need to be) rested :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, but I want a Saha / Larsson partnership icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

likewise, was just saying to Matt on MSN how it's got a lot of potential. wouldn't be surprised if we start with Henke and Rooney tomorrow and use Saha off the bench, hopefully for Wayne and fairly early on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Nobody worried that we'll take our queue from Chelsea again, and copy the idea of playing a left back as the left side of a front three? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie's dream scenario.

We know Evra started out as a front man and there have been quotes, via Evra, that have been attributed to Fergie saying that he wanted the diminutive Frenchman "to attack" because thats why he bought him...*shudder*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Nobody worried that we'll take our queue from Chelsea again, and copy the idea of playing a left back as the left side of a front three? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie's dream scenario.

We know Evra started out as a front man and there have been quotes, via Evra, that have been attributed to Fergie saying that he wanted the diminutive Frenchman "to attack" because thats why he bought him...*shudder* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually think Evra would do really well in that type of role with his speed and dribbling ability.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Fergie's dream scenario.

We know Evra started out as a front man and there have been quotes, via Evra, that have been attributed to Fergie saying that he wanted the diminutive Frenchman "to attack" because thats why he bought him...*shudder* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually think Evra would do really well in that type of role with his speed and dribbling ability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That may be the case but are you really convinced that he could regularly deliver goals and assists? I mean, there must be a reason he became a full-back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Listening to Park give an Interview in English on MUTV here. He must have said confidence about 50 times. I guess thats one of the first words we teach them after what happened to Ronaldo the other year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Self-esteem is for everybody,

Self-esteem is for everyone,

You can dream and be anybody,

but self-esteem is how you get it done...

...sorry couldn't help myself drifting into this little Angel segue icon_biggrin.gif

Listening to Park give an Interview in English on MUTV here. He must have said confidence about 50 times. I guess thats one of the first words we teach them after what happened to Ronaldo the other year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...sorry couldn't help myself drifting into this little Angel segue icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So did anybody... last night, you know, did anybody, um... burst into song?

...sorry couldn't help myself drifting into this little Angel segue icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was bad enough when it was just Saha. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MANCHESTER UNITED striker Louis Saha is still haunted by the spirit of Ruud van Nistelrooy.

And that is despite team-mates telling him the Dutch star’s exit was the best thing for him.

Saha, available after injury for today’s Premiership clash with Aston Villa, admitted: “My rivalry with Ruud wasn’t easy and still isn’t. Ruud has remained a legend here and it is enough for me to have an average 20 minutes for part of the crowd to chant his name.

“I did everything for our rivalry not to change our relationship. We both wanted to play and it is the manager who decided.â€

French compatriot Patrice Evra, though, feels boss Alex Ferguson did Saha a favour by selling Van Nistelrooy to Real Madrid.

Evra said: “The departure of Van Nistelrooy has set Louis free. He was feeling guilty at having taken his place. The episode really embarrassed him.â€

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, so long a United team-mate of Van Nisterooy, agreed Saha suffered in his rival’s presence.

He said: “For a long time Louis was in the shadow of Ruud, who absorbed all the light. Louis is an escapee from lengthy injury, like me. Now he is bursting out.

“For me, he is going to score more than Thierry Henry and finish top Premiership scorer.â€

Saha is in the running today to add to his eight league goals, claiming: “I want to score 15 to 20 Premiership goals.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Getting more and more sick of his moaning by the day.

i dont want Ruud back. Too old, not as good as he was </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

i dont want Ruud back. Too old, not as good as he was </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would not want to buy back Ruud at his age and i dont deem him as good as now as he was at his best for us.

We dont need to go into but 'what if we got him on a free' stuff because we wont be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MANCHESTER UNITED striker Louis Saha is still haunted by the spirit of Ruud van Nistelrooy.

And that is despite team-mates telling him the Dutch star’s exit was the best thing for him.

Saha, available after injury for today’s Premiership clash with Aston Villa, admitted: “My rivalry with Ruud wasn’t easy and still isn’t. Ruud has remained a legend here and it is enough for me to have an average 20 minutes for part of the crowd to chant his name.

“I did everything for our rivalry not to change our relationship. We both wanted to play and it is the manager who decided.â€

French compatriot Patrice Evra, though, feels boss Alex Ferguson did Saha a favour by selling Van Nistelrooy to Real Madrid.

Evra said: “The departure of Van Nistelrooy has set Louis free. He was feeling guilty at having taken his place. The episode really embarrassed him.â€

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, so long a United team-mate of Van Nisterooy, agreed Saha suffered in his rival’s presence.

He said: “For a long time Louis was in the shadow of Ruud, who absorbed all the light. Louis is an escapee from lengthy injury, like me. Now he is bursting out.

“For me, he is going to score more than Thierry Henry and finish top Premiership scorer.â€

Saha is in the running today to add to his eight league goals, claiming: “I want to score 15 to 20 Premiership goals.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Getting more and more sick of his moaning by the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. As if you'd make constant references to a player who left six months ago now. He should just move on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Manchester United Team vs Aston Villa

Edwin Van Der Sar

Gary Neville ©

Rio Ferdinand

Nemanja Vidic

Patrice Evra

Cristiano Ronaldo

Paul Scholes

Michael Carrick

Ji Sung Park

Henrik Larsson

Wayne Rooney

Subs Bench:

Thomas Kuszczak

John O'Shea

Ryan Giggs

Ole Solskjaer

Louis Saha

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

He's alright on the right tbf ajw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its if rio or vidic get injured thats the problem. He can cover full back positions no problem really. Unlikely to happen so i dont know why i mentioned it really

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

Unlikely to happen so i dont know why i mentioned it really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's going to happen now you bastard icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

Unlikely to happen so i dont know why i mentioned it really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's going to happen now you bastard icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sod's laws a bitch

Archived