The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

JOS coming on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Ole </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Henke and Carrick off

On to the match. Good win.

Good first half in which Villas defending for the first was nothing short of comical .

Carrick then getting his first to make it 14 different scorers in the prem and providing a beauty of a cross for Ronnie to nod home a third. \o/

Second half was just all out poor. We took the foot all the way off the gas, took it out of gear and parked up. Villa goal was crap, Vidic should have put in a tackle and i still dont know how Rio or VDS didnt cut out the cross.

And please god rest Rooney. Half the time i didnt know whether he was trying to control the ball or hit a first time long pass and the other half of the time i just knew it was crap control. His shooting is its usual absmal self except for one good shot that hit the bar and his decision making is way off and his greedy runs come to nothing. Drop him not just because he needs a rest but because hes playing crap.

Right, I missed the first half an hour of this, so I'll do MoM after I've seen more. But generally thought Carrick and Scholes ran the show. Larsson looked class, Rooney awful, Ronnie sporadically bright, Park icon_cool.gif (wonder if James celebrated the goal and sang his name icon_wink.gif?), defence alright apart from switching off in the second half a couple of times.

Saha looked encouraging when he came on as well. Henke-Louis up front next game kthxsaf

Rooney completely useless.

O'Shea the same icon_biggrin.gif

MoM: Carrick - he seemed very calm in the midfield especially in the 2nd period when at one point we took our foot off the gas and seemed completely sporadic. Well done!

Runner-up: Uhm... tough call, either Park or Evra.

AFFG: Both Vidic and Rio. Vidic for obviously letting Baros slip by like that and to Rio for marking himself instead of marking the opponent behind him (at least through "distance positioning" if not right there next to him).

Right tell me I did'nt dream this: Was there a a member of OTF who got into trouble at OT for throwing toilet roll during the United v Villa game?

Cause basically its gotten into the Irish Mirror. Big article with interviews too!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

Ahh I see. Still stupid.

And BTw, why is google.com down for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it ? Try Google. co. uk, then. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

win-win when Chelsea beat us and pip you to the title by a point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'win-win' in that we fully expect Chelsea to take three points from every game they play. At least in this case we get to watch your shower of shyte yet again fail miserably against one of the other big four. Should you miraculously scrape something, it boosts our title chances.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

win-win when Chelsea beat us and pip you to the title by a point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'win-win' in that we fully expect Chelsea to take three points from every game they play. At least in this case we get to watch your shower of shyte yet again fail miserably against one of the other big four. Should you miraculously scrape something, it boosts our title chances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect opportunity for Rafa to blood the youngsters imo.

(and also the opinion of JK Galgreefe, who I shamelessly stole the entire gist of that post from)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

. . . really impressed with Carrick \o/

oh and Gilberto misses the game next week </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Gilberto not to miss another pen next week, then ? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

'win-win' in that we fully expect Chelsea to take three points from every game they play. At least in this case we get to watch your shower of shyte yet again fail miserably against one of the other big four. Should you miraculously scrape something, it boosts our title chances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect opportunity for Rafa to blood the youngsters imo.

(and also the opinion of JK Galgreefe, who I shamelessly stole the entire gist of that post from) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So small time :*)

Gilberto won't miss the game next week, they'll appeal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

Right tell me I did'nt dream this: Was there a a member of OTF who got into trouble at OT for throwing toilet roll during the United v Villa game?

Cause basically its gotten into the Irish Mirror. Big article with interviews too! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was till roll not toilet roll, doesn't make much difference except it's slighty harder, like BBB said, utter joke.

I saw one fly from tier2 today, after the 2nd goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Naw fella, today was his 3rd of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the league ? Has he got any European ones ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Cause basically its gotten into the Irish Mirror. Big article with interviews too! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was till roll not toilet roll, doesn't make much difference except it's slighty harder, like BBB said, utter joke.

I saw one fly from tier2 today, after the 2nd goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ARREST THEM!

to be fair, till roll is quite hard if it doesnt unravel at all. i'd say it would hurt more than a coin. but bog roll should bea problem.

also, on fm it says everton get 25% of rooneys next transfer and spurs get 15% of carricks future transfer. now obviously they arent likely to be sold. but is that right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pago:

to be fair, till roll is quite hard if it doesnt unravel at all. i'd say it would hurt more than a coin. but bog roll should bea problem.

also, on fm it says everton get 25% of rooneys next transfer and spurs get 15% of carricks future transfer. now obviously they arent likely to be sold. but is that right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why wouldn't it be ? Sounds perfectly fair to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macallan:

And please extend Henke's loan deal. He's sheer class </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whs. £1.2m is nothing for that kind of class.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macallan:

And please extend Henke's loan deal. He's sheer class </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whs. £1.2m is nothing for that kind of class. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And to think he didn't want to leave Celtic for us all those years ago icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pago:

also, on fm it says everton get 25% of rooneys next transfer and spurs get 15% of carricks future transfer. now obviously they arent likely to be sold. but is that right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why wouldn't it be ? Sounds perfectly fair to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds ****ing stupid on both accounts. If thats true to pay those sorts of fees as well, someone wants their head sorting out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Sounds ****ing stupid on both accounts. If thats true to pay those sorts of fees as well, someone wants their head sorting out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not sure. As far as i know Rooney has some clauses where if United win important trophies in the following few years after his transfer Everton will get aditional fees.

Now as that is not being implemented in the game it is possible they decided to add "next transfer" clauses to balance it out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Sounds ****ing stupid on both accounts. If thats true to pay those sorts of fees as well, someone wants their head sorting out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not sure. As far as i know Rooney has some clauses where if United win important trophies in the following few years after his transfer Everton will get aditional fees.

Now as that is not being implemented in the game it is possible they decided to add "next transfer" clauses to balance it out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We get;

1 million for CL win

1 million for PL win

250,000 for FAC win

and others for final appearances.

3 million if none of these happen within 3 years of his signing.

plus;

25% of the profit made on Rooney when he is sold. (i.e. say he was sold for 42 million, we'd get 3 million as that is 25% of the profit made on him, using 30 million as his basic transfer fee with all the future add ons, blah blah)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zaitsev:

Oh, and I tried to get that into FM when I was Everton researcher, but they couldn't be arsed so put a straight sell on clause icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Figured it's something like that icon_smile.gif

hmm, we didn't miss much when making this deal actually;

"Rooney signed a two year extension with United, which kicked in a clause of an extra £1.5m payable to the Blues"

Not too shabby considering we were basically bankrupt upon his sale and begging for a bidder.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zaitsev:

hmm, we didn't miss much when making this deal actually;

"Rooney signed a two year extension with United, which kicked in a clause of an extra £1.5m payable to the Blues"

Not too shabby considering we were basically bankrupt upon his sale and begging for a bidder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good thing you're not taking another million for each time he's going to the bathroom.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

No goals anywhere yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYX9VHu7MF0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just looked on there aswell. icon_mad.gif

Archived