The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously though, you're saying how he's a brilliant player etc, yeah that's great, but he's not playing brilliantly atm and hasn't for the majority of the season. I don't see why dropping him for a bit is so out of bounds, especially now we have options.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

If so called 'real' United fans wanted tickets, surely they would be able to get them before Celtic fans from Glasgow/Dublin/wherever could?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would feckin' think so, wouldn't you ?But what do we see ?

Celtic fans and busloads of Irish kids, innit ? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

The last few months have made me so bitter re: tickets

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Seriously though, you're saying how he's a brilliant player etc, yeah that's great, but he's not playing brilliantly atm and hasn't for the majority of the season. I don't see why dropping him for a bit is so out of bounds, especially now we have options. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because long-term we still need him in the side. He's crucial.

And dropping him will just prolong the low on confidence issues he has. Anyone saying he needs a 'rest' is talking out of their arse frankly.. he has no problems in that department. Still chasing every ball for 95 minutes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

If so called 'real' United fans wanted tickets, surely they would be able to get them before Celtic fans from Glasgow/Dublin/wherever could?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Celtic fans and busloads of Irish kids, innit ? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

The last few months have made me so bitter re: tickets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you a member of your local supporters branch, Ant ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Seriously though, you're saying how he's a brilliant player etc, yeah that's great, but he's not playing brilliantly atm and hasn't for the majority of the season. I don't see why dropping him for a bit is so out of bounds, especially now we have options. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because long-term we still need him in the side. He's crucial.

And dropping him will just prolong the low on confidence issues he has. Anyone saying he needs a 'rest' is talking out of their arse frankly.. he has no problems in that department. Still chasing every ball for 95 minutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Giggs was playing badly would you want him to be replaced by Park for a bit? Or carry on playing him for months?

I know full well Rooney will be important long-term, but he seems to be undroppable atm and I don't like it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

anyone can be a oneunited member & anyone can apply for any game. Ticket office are a total joke though & cannot organise anything. Hence people giving up with them.

It's almost impossible to get tickets through one united this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not wrong. This is my success/failure rate this season for home games.

Fulham - Successful.

Tottenham - Didn't apply due to Uni deadlines.

Celtic - Didn't apply due to Uni deadlines.

Arsenal - Failed.

Newcastle - Successful.

FC Copenhagen - Couldn't get time off work so didn't apply.

Liverpool - Failed.

Pompey - Failed.

Chelsea - Failed.

Everton - Failed.

Benfica - Couldn't get time off work so didn't apply.

Man City - Failed.

Wigan - Couldn't get time off work so didn't apply.

Reading - Couldn't get time off work so didn't apply.

Aston Villa - Successful.

Aston Villa - Failed.

Charlton - Successful* (apparently, no ticket arrived as yet but money out of my account).

Pompey & Watford** - Pending due to £££ issues.

Success - 4*

Didn't/could apply due to outside factors - 8**

Failed - 7

Thats all of them right? Pretty sure it is.

So thats me with about a 30% success rate in the games I've applied for. Obviously that could be bumped up if I can afford Pompey & Watford tickets and they are still available after I get paid in about 10 days or so, but when you look at it 30% isn't the best outcome when you want to go to a lot of games.

Now when you look at those fixtures, obviously they contain a lot of the high interest matches, and since our home games, outside of potential FA Cup and CL opponents in the second half of the season aren't as high profile I might technically have a better chance of acquiring a ticket. But then when you factor in our form and the potential title run in drama against a number of relegation/UEFA candidates I'm not even sure that will be the case.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

The last few months have made me so bitter re: tickets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you a member of your local supporters branch, Ant ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No actually..

Though I'll probably be in a different place again next year so probably not worth it now.

Gabriel Heinze admits he will leave a decision on his future to Manchester United.

The Argentine defender has been unable to command a regular starting spot at Old Trafford this season after recovering from injury.

He has seen Patrice Evra establish himself as the first choice left-back and has been linked with a summer transfer away.

Juventus coach Didier Deschamps has confirmed an interest in Heinze, while former club Paris Saint Germain are also taking note of his situation.

Heinze has been upset with stories regarding his relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson, but will leave his future in United's hands.

"Some people believe my recovery to play in the World Cup after being injured was some sort of victory over the manager Alex Ferguson," Heinze is quoted in the News of the World.

"But although it wasn't like a war with the club, this has been harmful to me.

"I accept injuries have been my problem.

"I know several clubs are interested in me, but the decision rests with Manchester United."

Match going record 06/07 (only showing those applied for):

Spurs - Failed

Arsenal - Failed (got one off Viagogo - 50 quid and 13 hours of coach journey for a dire performance icon14.gif)

Liverpool - Failed

Portsmouth - Failed

Chelsea - Failed

Man City - Failed

... needless to say at this point I was already pretty p!ssed off ...

Wigan - Success (went on general sale iirc)

Reading - Failed

Villa (Cup) - Success (went on general sale)

Villa - Failed

Portsmouth (Cup) - Pending, probably success because it'll be on general sale \o/

so yeah. 11 applications. 2 successful for games that didnt actually sell out. great stuff.

Fulham - Yes, thanks Mart.

Charlton - Away, no thanks

Watford - Away again

Tottenham - Yes,

Celtic - Cba

Arsenal - Yes,

Reading - Away

Newcastle - Was on holiday, but watched the game live in Malta.

Wigan - Away

FC Copenhagen - Yes.

Liverpool - Yes.

Bolton - Away

Pompey - Yes.

Blackburn - Away - turned down offer of ticket. icon_wink.gif

Chelsea - Could not get ticket. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Sheffield U - Away

Everton - Yes.

Boro - Away, but watched the game live in London in awesome company. icon_wink.gif

Benfica - Yes.

Man City - Could not get ticket. icon_frown.gif

West Ham - Away

Aston Villa - Away

Wigan - Yes.

Reading - Cba.

Newcastle - Away

Aston Villa - Yes

Aston Villa - Cba

Arsenal - No chance. icon_frown.gif

Pompey - Yes

Watford - Yes

Mart deserves many thanks for more than one ticket, tbf. icon14.gif

As does Jules for his valiant effort to secure another for me, albeit without success. Wp, mate.

Yes = I was/will be there

Away = Haven't tried for away tickets, tbh. Although Fulham may be my first.

Cba = cba basically. icon_wink.gif

So, to all the folk that are saying they can't get tickets I say "How hard are you trying, ffs ?" icon_biggrin.gif

Because I haven't exactly busted a gut getting mine, tbh. icon_razz.gif

I'm sure I've said many times that I'm shocked how easy it is to get 'em. (Despite the Celticites and Irish kids.)

well for a start I have to get three at a time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't aimed at you in particular, Ant. icon_biggrin.gif

Admittedly, more than one ticket at a time would be more difficult.

Having said that, however, I got 4 tickets through my local branch for the Benfica game.

Thought the first 20 mins was excellent yesterday, although maybe compounded by the ineptness of Villa. Neville and Evra in particular did a lot of the damage with their overlapping. Larsson seemed to have quite a quiet match although obviously a lot of his work is done off of the ball. Had forgotten about his early header though. I actually agree with the playing Rooney policy - I think he's a player that needs games to be at his best (as shown by the ban at the start of the season). He's obviously going to play well again at some point whether you rest him or not. One interesting point was Carrick's partnership with Scholes (who incidently was man of the match by a mile yesterday) - I see a lot of the same problems that we had with Veron and Keane. Yes they are different players (maybe less so than Veron and Keane) but to play their best football, they both need to be dictating the play. We still look good because Carrick is a very good footballer and has adapted his game, but his best won't come until Scholes is gone (which hopefully won't be for a few years yet). Oh and David May hitting the bar was icon_cool.gif

wp wenger

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> on a possible appeal against the sending off...

"Usually appeals don't work when the referee has seen it so we could even get one game more! We don't want to take that chance." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> North Stand Upper Wings £703

South Stand Wings £703

North Stand Tier 2 £665

North Stand Lower £665

South Stand Lower £665

North East Quadrants Tier 2 £665

North West Quadrants Tier 2 £665

North East Quadrants Tier 1 £589

North West Quadrants Tier 1 £589

East Stand Upper £570

West Stand Upper £570

East Stand Tier 2 £570

West Stand Tier 2 £570

North Stand Tier 3 £513

East Stand Lower £437

West Stand Lower £437

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My season ticket is currently £190, it's going to be a big jump in price, when I move to one of these stands next season or the season after. icon_frown.gif

I long for a season ticket.

One day.... when I have money.... and I live nearer ..... it'll happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, though the money reason rather than living nearer. After 2008 I have no idea where I'll be living.

In the first half we played some really excellent football (probably the best I have seen at OT), and it was nice to actually see us dominate teams from the start like we did at the start of the season reather than sit back and expect a goal. Carrick had his best game for us I feel as well, granted he never had to deal with any runners from Villa's midfield but this left him to pick out the perfect pass and did so on numerous occasions yesterday, starting to look a good acquistion for the club.

Scholes , what more can we keep saying about this little genius , the best player to have never won a european cup in my opinion. He has superb vision and technique and just ran the game from start to finish yesterday and was unlucky not to cap his excellent performance with a goal.

Now on to Wayne, in the first half his first touch was shockingly poor for a player like him and obviously this is down to confidence but can we really keep playing him if he isnt in form ,especially when we could put another palyer in for him who isnt struggling for confidence. I think we should start with Larsson & Saha up front against Arsenal and drop Rooney as much as it pains me to say that (I am sure when he gets a goal he will soon be back to hist best).

MoM: Paul Scholes

2nd: Carrick

Honorable mentions go to Paddy Evra (who had a very good game) ,Gary Neville (looking near to his best form), Ronaldo & Larsson .

AFFG: Clearly Vidic is at fault (his first mistake all seaso for me) when he lets Baros take him on and cut inside, but some blame has to lie with Rio & VDS for not cutting out the cross and letting Agbonlahor nick in and score, so I would say its a toss up between Rio & Vidic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The most surprising name linked with Old Trafford thus far has to be that of Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor. The News of the World claims the Togo striker will be offered a new deal to ward off United's interest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF icon_biggrin.gif

Off Uniteds website by the way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Does Scholesy not have a European Cup winners medal anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No cause he was suspended with Keano. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really?????? Was he???????????

What I meant was that do UEFA not award squad members who have played a certain number of games in the competition medals regardless of whether they were in the final (a la World Cups and European Championships).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Does Scholesy not have a European Cup winners medal anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No cause he was suspended with Keano. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really?????? Was he???????????

What I meant was that do UEFA not award squad members who have played a certain number of games in the competition medals regardless of whether they were in the final (a la World Cups and European Championships). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

No just squad who played in the final itself.

Additionally:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Despite being suspended for the final, both Roy Keane and Paul Scholes received winners’ medals on the rostrum. Keane claims that to date he has not looked at the medal, feeling that his absence from the final had tainted the accomplishment to the extent that he didn't earn the medal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived