• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A slow day in the United thread.

Someone tells me who wins this hypothetical competition:

The Semi-Finals:

United 1994 vs United 2003

United 1999 vs United 2007

You may replace one team with United 1996 if you fancy it. If you're Eddie you're allowed United 1968, if you're Mark you can pick any team from our famous 1908 triumph onwards, although ever since they started wearing their hair long they do sort of merge into one hazy memory...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ruud to get 8 goals a game to gain an unlikely win for 2003 clearly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruud, Scholes and Silvestre ALL ON THE PITCH AT THE SAME TIME!

I think our current defence would cope with Yorke and Cole well, and Saha, an on-form Rooney (maybe not applicable then :/ ) and Ronaldo would give them as much or more trouble than they faced that season. It's really all about whether Carrick and Scholes could deal with a Roy Keane at the peak of his powers...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ruud to get 8 goals a game to gain an unlikely win for 2003 clearly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruud, Scholes and Silvestre ALL ON THE PITCH AT THE SAME TIME! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And O'Shea icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Ruud, Scholes and Silvestre ALL ON THE PITCH AT THE SAME TIME! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And O'Shea icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When he was awesome :*) icon_frown.gif

94 beats 03 side with a bit to spare. That 94 was just perfect with the amount of winners and hard men who could play football and lets not forget they had the brilliant Kanchelskis.

99 side beats the 07 side mainly due to their superior midfield. People might also forget that we had Stam and Johnsen at the back who were very good in my eyes at least.

94 side beats the 99 side. The 94 side also had a great midfield and a good attack that while didnt have as many goals in it as Yorke and Cole had more to their game in terms of bringing others into play.

94 > 99 > 07 > 03

94 smashes 2003

99 annihilates 06

99 edges out 94 in the final, despite a cantona brace to put them 2-0 up Keano drags one back before half time before Giggs pulls it back to all square and Ole rifles in to go ahead, as 94 attack with Big Pete up from the back towards the dying minutes Scholes hits it from his own half into an empty goal. 99 win 4-2 wp.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

is that Jenas in the car? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

looks like it, but there appears to be a bomb missing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

is that Jenas in the car? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

looks like it, but there appears to be a bomb missing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I really don't think I could hate him more, going to get a myspace and hurl abuse at the useless **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about if he signed for Liverpool?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I really don't think I could hate him more, going to get a myspace and hurl abuse at the useless **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about if he signed for Liverpool? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love him for making them shitter?

I really can't see an argument for any other Liverpool player than Gerrard (to replace Carrick - who himself has been excellent for you season, and arguably gives a better balance).

VDS so experienced/consistent, which, although he certainly has fantastic potential, you can't say about Reina.

Not so long ago people would have been saying Alonso > Scholes, but no justification for that at all on this season.

Oh, and Ronaldo > Pennant + Gonzales + Kewell to be honest.

P.S - thought I'd mention it in here after the goal of the season thread - I know Scholes vs Villa was an absolute belter, but can't help feel Lamps vs Everton is being incredibly overlooked - had so little time with 2 men rushing at him, showed such a good technique - in my top three of the season I think - am I being stupid?

G'Night and godbless - oh, and your odds still pretty decent so had a few quid on you to grab the league.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

gerrard's been pretty rubbish most of the times i've seen him this season. i don't think even he'd get a run on current form. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was woeful for the first 3 months, as bad as he's ever been in the last 5 years. But since around November his form has picked up again and isn't far from being at his best. Keep it quiet, but that's when he was moved to central midfield.

Archived