The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

the british press appear absolutely convinced that heinze's contract is up in the summer btw. fup knows why... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep. it's ridiculous when the most basic research would unearth this, the official statement to the stock exchange upon his signing:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United confirms the signing of Gabriel Heinze from Paris Saint-

Germain. The player has signed a contract until 30 June 2009.

The total consideration for the transfer is £6.9 million (£5.7 million

payable to Paris Saint - Germain, £0.3 million potentially payable under the

FIFA 5% solidarity levy, £0.3 million levy payable to the FA Premier League and

£0.6 million fees payable to agents in relation to both the acquisition of the

player and negotiation of his contract).

The fee payable to Paris Saint-Germain is payable as follows - £3.4 million in

July 2004, £1.3 million on 31 December 2004 and £1.0 million in July 2005. Of

the agent fees £0.1 million is payable immediately and the balance is payable in

quarterly instalments over the duration of the player's contract. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Had we not got Larsson, would anyone of taken Ronaldo for 6months instead? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's only one Ronaldo !

So no, the fat fecker could've stayed where he was/is. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

out and out left winger - carrick - hargreaves - ronaldo would be pretty ace i reckon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My only concern with that would be would that midfield score enough goals? Cant see Carrick or Hargreaves getting many

Keane and Ince didn't get that many, Vieira and Petit didn't get that many for Arsenal when they were the central pair there. I don't think it's a problem as long as your strikers are prolific and your wingers are chipping in like Kanchelskis did back then and Ronaldo is/would now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

it is NOT wrong ffs. icon_biggrin.gif

fletcher will be scholes long term replacement and be ffffffffffb at it too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such faith. icon_frown.gif

Can't see that happening, tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And you leave a space between the word and your punctuation like Razzler does which is an offence punishable by death icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Afaic, it looks better. I will not change. icon_razz.gif

Taz, I don't have teh Fletch hate, though neither would I be in any queue to rim the bugger.

Rather him than JOS or somebody like Miller. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And you leave a space between the word and your punctuation like Razzler does which is an offence punishable by death icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taz, I don't have teh Fletch hate, though neither would I be in any queue to rim the bugger.

Rather him than JOS or somebody like Miller. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't the fact that it's utterly wrong matter? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't the fact that it's utterly wrong matter? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto Fletch love ? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Parma have announced the imminent arrival of Manchester United starlet Giuseppe Rossi on loan.

“We were very interested in Nicola Ventola, but the transfer market is tough at the moment, so our director of sport Zamagna made a lightning trip to Manchester where we took back Rossi on loan,†revealed lawyer Giuseppe Cappelli.

“If everything goes well, then he should be in Parma on Thursday and the transfer will come through in time for him to play against Torino this weekend.â€

It is a return to the Stadio Tardini for the 20-year-old Italian-American, as Rossi grew up in the Parma youth system.

He left for England in 2004 during the Gialloblu’s financial crisis and made his debut for Manchester United on November 10, 2004 against Crystal Palace.

He has since gone on to play for Newcastle United for a total of one goal in 16 Premiership appearances.

Rossi finally came to Italian attention in August when he made his international debut for Pierluigi Casiraghi’s Under-21 side and now has give caps to his name.

This is an important reinforcement for the Tardini outfit, which is up for sale after the bankruptcy of majority shareholders Parmalat.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haw weststandred, I've got a ticket for Spurs so mock away </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif you know were i'm gunna be standing too, don't hurt me. face value?

Rossi - Surely it would be far more use having him play in the Premiership, so he can adapt to the game?

Sometimes he looks like such a class player, but probably has to start finding a greater level of consistency quite soon if he's going to break through.

Fletcher - find it hard to believe he will ever be a regular for you, whoever said Nicky Butt would probably be about right. Legend though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haw weststandred, I've got a ticket for Spurs so mock away </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif you know were i'm gunna be standing too, don't hurt me. face value? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

of course face value, dude you're like 12, I won't hit ya

I find it quite baffling that while Mika predicts doom and gloom for every game we play, he is also of the opinion that clearly mediocre United players are really really good.

If the likes of Silvestre and Fletcher, neither of who can get a sniff of a game, are so fb, our first team should be tonking everyone by 5 or 6 icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I find it quite baffling that while Mika predicts doom and gloom for every game we play, he is also of the opinion that clearly mediocre United players are really really good.

If the likes of Silvestre and Fletcher, neither of who can get a sniff of a game, are so fb, our first team should be tonking everyone by 5 or 6 icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Says the guy who rated O'Shea until this season? icon_biggrin.gif

Fletcher >>>>>>>>>>>>> O'Shea

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Parma have announced the imminent arrival of Manchester United starlet Giuseppe Rossi on loan.

“We were very interested in Nicola Ventola, but the transfer market is tough at the moment, so our director of sport Zamagna made a lightning trip to Manchester where we took back Rossi on loan,†revealed lawyer Giuseppe Cappelli.

“If everything goes well, then he should be in Parma on Thursday and the transfer will come through in time for him to play against Torino this weekend.â€

It is a return to the Stadio Tardini for the 20-year-old Italian-American, as Rossi grew up in the Parma youth system.

He left for England in 2004 during the Gialloblu’s financial crisis and made his debut for Manchester United on November 10, 2004 against Crystal Palace.

He has since gone on to play for Newcastle United for a total of one goal in 16 Premiership appearances.

Rossi finally came to Italian attention in August when he made his international debut for Pierluigi Casiraghi’s Under-21 side and now has give caps to his name.

This is an important reinforcement for the Tardini outfit, which is up for sale after the bankruptcy of majority shareholders Parmalat.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You on a windup?

If not why is there a spelling error?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

If the likes of Silvestre and Fletcher, neither of who can get a sniff of a game, are so fb, our first team should be tonking everyone by 5 or 6 icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fletcher >>>>>>>>>>>>> O'Shea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn you and your legal mumbo jumbo.

I might ask for a name change so no-one knows my history.

Fletcher >>>>>>>>>>>>> O'Shea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Though as Mark would say, that is damning with faitn praise a little icon_biggrin.gif

Nooooooooooooooooo!

I am quite happy for Rossi to go out on loan and get games but like Pique i cant quite understand why we are loaning them out to foreign sides. Surely we should have been offering him to Keano?

Parma are 2nd bottom iirc so hopefully he will be getting games everyweek and come back next season for the first team action he deserves.

So basically this transfer window we have had the old 'getting players back from loan, don't need to sign anyone line'. We are now loaning these players back out again & are basically in the same position as we were.

Well actually we have Larsson for 10 weeks, THEN we are back in the position we were.

Guess someone misplaced the key for that warchest we had to spend icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sometimes he looks like such a class player, but probably has to start finding a greater level of consistency quite soon if he's going to break through. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf, that's a bit trite really. you can only 'find a greater level of consistency' if you're playing regularly. when Beppe was playing regularly for our reserves, he couldn't have been any more consistent - his goalscoring record says it all (basically goal a game for a deep-lying forward). when he's played for our first team, he's been consistently good. he barely got a sniff of an opportunity at newcastle, so **** knows how he's meant to be consistent there.

not happy about this move if true, we'll learn very little about his ability to cut it in the premiership from it. i can't believe there aren't premiership/high-placed championship teams interested in taking him until may if we absolutely have to let him go.

we better f**king have Henke in the bag until May before this goes through

Archived