The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

the u18's won their youth cup game tonight btw, 2-0 against Southampton. pretty damn impressive, southampton have a quality youth setup and we've got a very raw group of lads at the minute, most of who aren't even 17 yet. Sam Hewson and Danny Drinkwater got the goals, and we've got Palace at home in the next round (sometime in the next fortnight), hopefully at OT.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

not happy about this move if true, we'll learn very little about his ability to cut it in the premiership from it. i can't believe there aren't premiership/high-placed championship teams interested in taking him until may if we absolutely have to let him go.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on. Practically every club in the championship tried to loan him before the season and i'm sure everyone who did would have jumped at the chance to get him now. It just seems a very strange move and i cant wait to hear what Fergie has to say about it.

i think with the mascherano to liverpool thing, they are saying that teams have broken the rule about playing for 3 teams before. although i havent heard/seen these examples.

and now that he is owned by MSI group, does that mean that any transfer fee goes to them rather than the club? i cant see how that would work though as surely clubs would just pay for him then not get anything when he leaves.

beginning to worry about rossi's future at the club now. With Smudgers injury in the first half of the season he had the chance to be the 4th striker behind an unproven Ole. Now off to second bottom Parma, not ideal preparation or situation for the lad to be in.

Oh well ding dong is here for a while yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Parma have announced the imminent arrival of Manchester United starlet Giuseppe Rossi on loan.

“We were very interested in Nicola Ventola, but the transfer market is tough at the moment, so our director of sport Zamagna made a lightning trip to Manchester where we took back Rossi on loan,†revealed lawyer Giuseppe Cappelli.

“If everything goes well, then he should be in Parma on Thursday and the transfer will come through in time for him to play against Torino this weekend.â€

It is a return to the Stadio Tardini for the 20-year-old Italian-American, as Rossi grew up in the Parma youth system.

He left for England in 2004 during the Gialloblu’s financial crisis and made his debut for Manchester United on November 10, 2004 against Crystal Palace.

He has since gone on to play for Newcastle United for a total of one goal in 16 Premiership appearances.

Rossi finally came to Italian attention in August when he made his international debut for Pierluigi Casiraghi’s Under-21 side and now has give caps to his name.

This is an important reinforcement for the Tardini outfit, which is up for sale after the bankruptcy of majority shareholders Parmalat.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You on a windup?

If not why is there a spelling error? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, because the press have an unmatched command of the English language.

It really seems that Fergie may not rate him as highly as everyone thinks. Clearly he's 5th choice striker only, but as United can still win 3 trophies we need all the players we can get.

If Fergie is so certain that he won't need him even in an injury crisis, then that suggests a certain indifference.

It's important for Rossi to play regularly to develop, but it's not more important than United winning a trophy this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I think the problem is Fergie is scared to give the kids a game while we are doing so well. He really wants this title so is sticking to the tried and tested who have walked that path before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's another point. he always stresses that the advantage of United is that they have players like Nev, Scholes and Giggsy who have been in such a situation many times.

Bearing this in mind, we shouldn't be surprised that even if 3 strikers were out, he wouldn't play Rossi, but would stick Ronaldo, Giggs or even Scholes up front.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Last Updated: Thursday, 18 January 2007, 09:48 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

January exit ruled out by Heinze

I want to wait until June to see what happens

Gabriel Heinze

Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze insists he wants to fight for his place at Old Trafford - at least until the end of the end of the season.

The 28-year-old has fallen down the pecking order this season, with Patrice Evra often preferred at left-back.

"I know the interest from AC Milan for me but now the decision remains with United," Heinze told the Daily Star.

"I have a contract signed until June 2007 and I do not want to go anywhere. I do not want to be sold in January."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

That means nothing. Heinze has always said he will only leave if the club want to sell him and should we accept an offer from a good team i'm sure he would take it whether that offer came tomorrow or in 6 months time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In theory it means nothing but its more likely that a team coming in for Gabby - seeing as they will probably be a top continental club in Italy/Spain/Germany - will either hang off until the summer or set up a deal that kicks in during the summer.

I don't think its realistic to expect us to sell domestically or for Gabby to want to go to one of the others unless its to spite Fergie, and the top two continental teams that appear to be interested - Valencia & Juve - well, the latter is going to be in Serie B until the autumn so thats not going to happen prior to promotion, and the former would ideally prefer someone eligible for the CL.

That said it is looking increasingly likely, with Silvestre's recent new contract, noises that he wants to stay rather than be forced out to somewhere he doesn't want to go even though he's probably available, and the apparent pursuit of Bale, and finally the form of Paddy Evra, that GH may be in his final months with us. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

Im just surprised Heinze is going to be a free transfer in the summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not, its shoddy reporting.

Check back over the last few pages of this thread I'm sure someone linked or posted a copy of the extention he signed a while back.

I have to admit as much as i like Gaby i wont be too sad to see him go. He has only really played 1 season for us(Must be about 60 games total) but Evra has really convinced me that hes our number #1 left back and i neither think Gaby is the type of player who be at his best when only used on the odd occasion nor do i wish to see him spend his time on the bench.

I just think if we sell him we should be looking at making our £7m back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

Im just surprised Heinze is going to be a free transfer in the summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not, its shoddy reporting.

Check back over the last few pages of this thread I'm sure someone linked or posted a copy of the extention he signed a while back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh..ok

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

the british press appear absolutely convinced that heinze's contract is up in the summer btw. fup knows why... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep. it's ridiculous when the most basic research would unearth this, the official statement to the stock exchange upon his signing:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United confirms the signing of Gabriel Heinze from Paris Saint-

Germain. The player has signed a contract until 30 June 2009.

The total consideration for the transfer is £6.9 million (£5.7 million

payable to Paris Saint - Germain, £0.3 million potentially payable under the

FIFA 5% solidarity levy, £0.3 million levy payable to the FA Premier League and

£0.6 million fees payable to agents in relation to both the acquisition of the

player and negotiation of his contract).

The fee payable to Paris Saint-Germain is payable as follows - £3.4 million in

July 2004, £1.3 million on 31 December 2004 and £1.0 million in July 2005. Of

the agent fees £0.1 million is payable immediately and the balance is payable in

quarterly instalments over the duration of the player's contract. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank goodness for that, i was just thinking to myself how did it come to him being on a free in the summer.

idiot reporters

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

out and out left winger - carrick - hargreaves - ronaldo would be pretty ace i reckon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My only concern with that would be would that midfield score enough goals? Cant see Carrick or Hargreaves getting many </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hargreaves could have a few from Free Kicks

well it's either confirmation that SAF doesn't think he's going to make it and it's getting him in the shop window or it's a chance to build-up more experience and get games under is belt. Either way it's better than him sitting on our bench (at best) or getting kicked to bits in the championship.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dangerous Dave:

rofl at all this rossi hype. key player indeed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, we're going to treat him just like M. Owen. Oh wait, that wouldn't be a good idea now would it?

Hot on the heals of them reporting Rossis loan move Channel 4 have reported that we have offered Ronaldo to Juve. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

United offer Ron to Juve

Manchester United are supposedly ready to offer Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus in return for David Trezeguet and Raffaele Palladino.

Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport claims that United have renewed their interest in the Frenchman, who was already targeted last summer as Ruud Van Nistelrooy’s successor following his Real switch.

The Old Trafford outfit are apparently therefore ready to offer Ronaldo to the Bianconeri, but Sir Alex Ferguson has now asked for 22-year-old Palladino to be included in the operation as well.

While Juve are ready to sacrifice Trez, whose contract expires in 2008, they are unlikely to allow Palladino to leave seeing as he is part of their future plans.

Juventus have instead offered a youngster between Paolo De Ceglie, Claudio Marchisio and Sebastian Giovinco and are now waiting for a reply from the Premiership side.

Ronaldo is a market target for various European clubs including Barcelona, Valencia and Real Madrid, but Juventus could be favoured in the race to sign the 22-year-old.

The Bianconeri are ready to offer the midfielder a contract which would see him keep hold of his lucrative image rights.

Sportswear giants Nike, who supply both the player and the Italian club, are also reportedly ready to financially help the Turin giants net the 2006 World Cup star.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

rossi showing himself to be the new neil mellor. so predictable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely. His star must seriously be on the wane if the only level of football willing to take him on is Serie A.

Gahaha icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sportswear giants Nike, who supply both the player and the Italian club, are also reportedly ready to financially help the Turin giants net the 2006 World Cup star. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much more money do they stand to make from Ronaldo going to a Serie B club sponsored by Nike as opposed to being at a team leading the Premiership that's also sponsored by Nike? icon_biggrin.gif

And as jimlad says hes contracted to us past this summer. Until summer 2009 iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On SSN, Heinze himself says hes contracted to June 2007

Hot on the heals of them reporting Rossis loan move Channel 4 have reported that we have offered Ronaldo to Juve. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

United offer Ron to Juve

Manchester United are supposedly ready to offer Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus in return for David Trezeguet and Raffaele Palladino.

Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport claims that United have renewed their interest in the Frenchman, who was already targeted last summer as Ruud Van Nistelrooy’s successor following his Real switch.

The Old Trafford outfit are apparently therefore ready to offer Ronaldo to the Bianconeri, but Sir Alex Ferguson has now asked for 22-year-old Palladino to be included in the operation as well.

While Juve are ready to sacrifice Trez, whose contract expires in 2008, they are unlikely to allow Palladino to leave seeing as he is part of their future plans.

Juventus have instead offered a youngster between Paolo De Ceglie, Claudio Marchisio and Sebastian Giovinco and are now waiting for a reply from the Premiership side.

Ronaldo is a market target for various European clubs including Barcelona, Valencia and Real Madrid, but Juventus could be favoured in the race to sign the 22-year-old.

The Bianconeri are ready to offer the midfielder a contract which would see him keep hold of his lucrative image rights.

Sportswear giants Nike, who supply both the player and the Italian club, are also reportedly ready to financially help the Turin giants net the 2006 World Cup star.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well with all the direct quotes and sources its really hard not to believe that rumour

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

That is certainly a bizzare situation. I'd hate for him to leave on a free. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only thing is, if he's available on a free in the summer then how come clubs are offering up to 7million for him now? makes no sense to me

Not sure if this has been mentioned, good news

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Rene returns for Reds

Rene Meulensteen is back at United to take up the role of technical skills development coach, after a spell in management.

The Dutchman, who initially arrived at Old Trafford in 2001 in a similar role, became United’s reserve team manager in December 2005 following the departure of Ricky Sbragia to Bolton.

Last summer he accepted an offer to become manager at Danish side Brondby, but the move didn’t work out and he left the club on 5 January this year.

United have been quick to reacquire his services to work on the technical development of players throughout the club. He will start work at Carrington on Monday.

“We are delighted to have Rene rejoining us,†Sir Alex told ManUtd.com.

“He had an unfortunate spell at Brondby, but he was a fantastic coach for us for five years.

“I am glad he will continue to develop the technical ability of all footballers at the club.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived