The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

kinell... worst and shortest either or i've seen.

sort it out wes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was thinking just that, not even anything remotely funny, still United Debut>England Debut icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

kinell... worst and shortest either or i've seen.

sort it out wes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was thinking just that, not even anything remotely funny, still United Debut>England Debut icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the ji-sung park or heaton park one would have been funny if they hadn't used it a couple of weeks ago. slackers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fred_the_Red:

Mate just rang me got the tickets for the watford Game. YEAH ! icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont forget your airhorn

talking of quips...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">'Ryan Giggs was a worthy recipient of the Football Writers' Association tribute award on Sunday night at The Savoy hotel in London, and the Manchester United winger delivered the best line of the night with a cutting dig at Steve McClaren during his acceptance speech. "I've been fortunate enough to play under some of the greatest coaches in world football, but unfortunately none of them could be here tonight," Giggs said, before looking directly at the FA table at which the England manager was seated and adding, "Sorry Steve, I didn't see you there." To his credit McClaren took the gag with good grace, chucking a napkin at his former charge, though the loud laughter from the ranks of assembled hacks may have lingered a touch longer than he might have hoped.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope Fergie learns his lesson and plays the way we have all season, don't adjust the game plan, they're missing Gallas/Gilberto and mebbe RVP, go out and ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK.

I've predicted draws for both sides on that bbc thingy anyway so we'll see, heck it's gonna be exciting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sir Alex Ferguson has moved to clarify Gabriel Heinze's future at Manchester United, with the Scot denying reports which suggested the Argentine defender was in the final few months of his contract.

Heinze has struggled to nail down a regular starting berth at Old Trafford since recovering from injury and he had been linked with moves to Tottenham and Milan.

The buccaneering left-back had been quoted as saying his contract was due to expire in the summer, but Ferguson has moved to reassure the club's fans by insisting Heinze's deal is not up for renewal until 2009.

"One paper said his contract finishes in June. That's wrong, it ends in 2009," stated Ferguson.

"When I read that I immediately went diving for my file. I was sure that wasn't right. We don't allow these things to happen."

Asked whether Heinze had a future at United, Ferguson said: "Absolutely, of course."

Ferguson is reported to be targeting Southampton youngster Gareth Bale, but the Scot admits he has made little progress in his bid to improve his squad.

"We're hitting a brick wall [with bringing players in]," added the Scot. "I make the point every year, not a lot happens in January. It's usually very quiet.

"Ourselves, Chelsea, Arsenal are generally very quiet. Blackburn have done a bit of business, Portsmouth have done a bit of business. They have got two or three players in Portsmouth.

"Aston Villa are desperate to get players in. I spoke to Martin O'Neill last week and he is finding it difficult and it is not easy in January." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, some sense about Heinze's contract. Thank the Lord.

Fergie up to his tricks again:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

"We're hitting a brick wall [with bringing players in]," added the Scot. "I make the point every year, not a lot happens in January. It's usually very quiet.

"Ourselves, Chelsea, Arsenal are generally very quiet. Blackburn have done a bit of business, Portsmouth have done a bit of business. They have got two or three players in Portsmouth.

"Aston Villa are desperate to get players in. I spoke to Martin O'Neill last week and he is finding it difficult and it is not easy in January." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

god this weekend is HUGE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dreading it, we're clearly going to lose. Would snatch your hands off for a draw now.

I think Fergie knows we have to go out and attack, I think arsenal although have been playing well, Henry hasnt really been doing much, Gilberto is a huge miss as is Gallas. How will Hoyte (is eboue back?) or Clichy do up against Ronaldo? Cant really see Flamini making an impact from the middle of the park. I think we will have too much for them.

Away from home against a team who imo will be right up there next season, it's not going to be easy at all. They seem to raise their game against the bigger teams, maybe because we won't sit and defend like others.

We shall see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Didn't stop them beating us at OT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true, but all round we are better than them. it needs to be acknowledged.

In games like this I don't think it particularly matters, for me this is our hardest match of the season so far, and I include Chelsea at home in that. I'd always take a draw away from home against Arsenal, anything more is a massive bonus.

Archived