The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

now that's not something you see in here everyday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, it makes me feel incredibly dirty.

As I think I pointed out a while back, I remember being SO angry with myself for cheering a late Heskey equaliser against Arsenal in 2003. I went back home and just watched every United video of a victory over Liverpool I could find to make myself feel better.

i always console myself with the thought that their fans will always be gutted they've helped us out. never more so than leeds in 2003. we got started on by leeds fans in the student union because we were celebrating their goals \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt_e:

Dunno why but I feel this is one of those weekends where everything will go really well or really badly. If Chelsea win I think we won't and vice versa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean, exactly how I feel about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i always console myself with the thought that their fans will always be gutted they've helped us out. never more so than leeds in 2003. we got started on by leeds fans in the student union because we were celebrating their goals \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um yeah, I was in Leeds that day at uni. Because I was celebrating they naturally assumed I was a Leeds fan. Foolishly started up a chant of 'Championes, championes' as I walked through the park home. Got a few pushes and the like.

I ****ing hate Leeds.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

bomb at anfield >>>>>>>> draw > chelsea win > Liverpool win </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, mon Scouse.

pretty much guaranteed to find solace in any possible outcome though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rossi to take his chance

Giuseppe Rossi aims to prove himself during his four-month loan at Serie A strugglers Parma.

The highly-rated young striker endured a frustrating spell at Newcastle earlier this season, and is itching to get some playing time with his former club.

"When a player is loaned, he hopes to be able to play," Rossi told a press conference in Italy.

"Here [Parma] there is the possibility. I'm in a moment in my career where I must play.

"I'm here to show I can do good things. From my side, I'll give the best to help the team."

Rossi left Parma for United in the summer of 2004, and he is anxious to show how much he has improved in his time in England.

"When you have trained with big champions like Scholes, Rooney or Cristiano Ronaldo, you learn a lot," he said.

"Since I left Parma I've learnt a lot. I've played about 20 matches with Manchester and it has been a good experience.

"It's a different football, based more on the physical, whilst here in Italy it is based especially on technique." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

come back icon_frown.gif

Mon the Rossi saving Parma icon14.gif

Pity Bravo have dispensed with Football Italia and Gazzetta (afaik) and I now have no idea where I can get hold of Italian football without coercing my dad to spring for Setanta or some other random sports channel just so I can see regular highlights and the odd game.

On the other hand he's going to have to get a hold of Setanta for the Premiership soonish anyway...next season their deal kicks in right? That may be my way in - "Well if you're going to pay for one you may as well pay for another..."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

LOSC Lille v Manchester United

Tuesday 20 February, kick off 20:45 (C.E.T)

EXEC MEMBERS / SEASON TICKET HOLDERS AND ONE UNITED MEMBERS

The deadline for all applications was 5pm on Friday 19 January and as we have been heavily oversubscribed a ballot will now be held to determine the successful applicants. Priority will be given to those supporters who have attended previous European away games this season.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish good luck to those who have applied, I think you'll need it, ballot results Friday 26th January. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did the same with Benfica, then it changed to "all applicants have been succesful subject to payment"

So a case of playing the waiting games.

imo, we've been chubbed for every game bar Blackburn so we'll obviously get Liverpool icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

SSN talking about the games this weekend for the big four and saying its grand slam weekend because all still have a chance at the title but if Arsenal and Liverpool lose they will be out of it. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you gotta love em icon_biggrin.gif

Caught the last 15 minutes of Soccer AM.

Showed that great clip of Ronnie from the Villa match, not the goal, not the shimmy that sets Mellberg on his arse but his chest to shoulder to head flick ups. icon_cool.gif

Also they had Micah Richards on the team mates bit and he slaughtered Barton saying he was worst dressed, worst taste in music, wannabe hardman and biggest moaner and Barton who was in the studio said Richards dances so camply that the lads at City arent sure what team he bats for. icon_biggrin.gif

we don't have any norwegian united thread-ers, do we? icon_frown.gif

someone please surprise me and reveal a strange ability to speak norwegian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Surprise*

I'm expecting Chelsea to win this match and it is always good to see the scouse lose BUT any points dropped by Chelsea are a bonus so I will be happy if they win.

Cheering as Leeds beat Arsenal to hand us the league so odd. I cheer, then feel dirty for a second, then reasoning takes over and I cheer again icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlacKouT:

we don't have any norwegian united thread-ers, do we? icon_frown.gif

someone please surprise me and reveal a strange ability to speak norwegian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Surprise* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\O/

a) i don't suppose you know OGS' season-by-season record at Clausenengen FK, or someone/somewhere that might?

if not

b) would you be able to translate the above question into norwegian for me to ask on a norwegian forum? (well, not the above question exactly, but you get my drift). specifically looking for his league appearances and league goals between 1990 and 1994 (i know he played 109 games and scored 115 goals in total).

cheers icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wilbie:

hargreaves about 10 million too much, I'd rather have Joey barton for 5.5million thank you very much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, please. Sod off !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

you'd hope.

but we didn't at OT :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kuszczak

Neville

Silvestre

O'Shea

Ferdinand

Brown

Fletch

Scholes

Saha

Rooney

Ronaldo

Silvestre/O'Shea against them, that's why.

Archived