The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

That is why we'll lose at Stamford Bridge and Anfield to kill the title race off as well, so obvious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We will NOT lose at ANfield, SB aye but not Anfield.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bookmarked.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

That is why we'll lose at Stamford Bridge and Anfield to kill the title race off as well, so obvious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We will NOT lose at ANfield, SB aye but not Anfield.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bookmarked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we lose Ben gets a battering if he ever turns up to one of our footie kick arounds

Book mark that icon_razz.gif

I'm not happy at all, being realistic unfortunately has its drawbacks icon_frown.gif

So, so obvious, Fergie has done so much right recently, putting this quality squad together, moulding the team and hell even the team selections have been good, but our tactics away from home, or even at home to Benfica are just utterly inept and have been proven to be so plenty of times.

It's no coincidence that we started to be rubbish away in Europe once we started going 4-5-1.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

But yeah wp on subbing ronaldo & bring on a left back. Idiot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barking, must admit that was the first thing I thought.

Eboue never better than when he's bombing down the line (face clutching optional) and subbing CRonaldo just released him.

Pompey FA Cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That'd explain the midweek ad then icon14.gif

Evra impressive again, as were Vida and Rio. Rooney still below par but hopefully the goal will lift him

for 83 minutes the plan was working fine, i dont see how tactics cost us that much. i just think we lost concentration in the dying minutes and it cost us, little things like scholes giving the ball away inside our box allowing rosicky to get a shot in etc etc. we lost concentration and it cost us bad. it was dying for a roy keane out there in that last 10 minutes.

i really am gutted, sky acting like henry is the 2nd coming just so ****ing annoying.

I'm not happy at all, being realistic unfortunately has its drawbacks icon_frown.gif

So, so obvious, Fergie has done so much right recently, putting this quality squad together, moulding the team and hell even the team selections have been good, but our tactics away from home, or even at home to Benfica are just utterly inept and have been proven to be so plenty of times.

It's no coincidence that we started to be rubbish away in Europe once we started going 4-5-1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still don't understand why he likes Rooney on the fing wing. Next we'll see Vidic as Left midfield or Right back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

for 83 minutes the plan was working fine, i dont see how tactics cost us that much. i just think we lost concentration in the dying minutes and it cost us, little things like scholes giving the ball away inside our box allowing rosicky to get a shot in etc etc. we lost concentration and it cost us bad. it was dying for a roy keane out there in that last 10 minutes.

i really am gutted, sky acting like henry is the 2nd coming just so ****ing annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't agree at all that the plan was working, what is the plan? Be outplayed for the majority of the match and fluke a lucky goal?

I wouldn't mind if it were a one off but it's happening all the time.

Haha Fergie listening to Jonny. icon_biggrin.gif

frustrating, **** off 4 5 1, seriously. as much as i love you, **** off giggsy, why is he playing through the middle now a days, ****ing ******** fergie. obviously dont feel rooneys in the frame of mind/form to play through the middle where he is more liable to get caught out.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i really am gutted, sky acting like henry is the 2nd coming just so ****ing annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agree word for word.

MoM: Evra

2nd: Larsson (woked hes ******** off and was just unfortunate that he didnt get the run of the green from time to time)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

frustrating, **** off 4 5 1, seriously. as much as i love you, **** off giggsy, why is he playing through the middle now a days, ****ing ******** fergie. obviously dont feel rooneys in the frame of mind/form to play through the middle where he is more liable to get caught out.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because he can't go past anyone out wide anymore so just drifts around centrally

Jules with an excellent point that had slipped my mind actually. Giggs was a total abortion today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was O'Shea standard today. I am entirely serious on that point.

He gave the ball away nearly every time he touched it & played so many blind passes I lost count.

Since the kick-off i wondered why the hell is Fergie playing Rooney on the left/right and Giggs in the middle.

Now Rooney got his goal and everything but other than the goal and the superb shot he was completely invisible, not passing not doing anything.

I don't see and i don't think Fergie could explain me any plausible reason to use Giggs as inner midfielder and Rooney as winger instead of Rooney as inner midfielder and Giggs as the winger (if he insists on playing the damn 4-5-1 formation).

AFFG:

1st - Evra, Scholes, VDS and possibly Neville

2nd - Vidic, he was marking his own shadow just like Rio did in the first half but we got lucky that time.

And why not have Park on the bench. Not that it would have made any difference due to the nature of the late/very late goals but still.

Chelsea still have to go to Arsenal and if they get a point and we get one at Anfield they cancel one another out. (1 point each from those two away games)

No other real hard trips. Tottenham will roll over like they always do against us there, we're due at City. Maybe Portsmouth a bit tough but the Chelsea game will decide it. I'm actually quite positive.

Well that was interesting. Place erupted when Henry scored the winner, but as soon as it started to die down, this one Utd fan strolled through the middle of the Arsenal fans singing about us still being top of the league, bright as day. Cheered me up no end icon_biggrin.gif

Evra was fb. The defending on the winner was woeful. So on and so forth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm so ****ing angry, was speechless for like 10 mins in the pub, utterly gutted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just snapped at my mum a tad. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

Chelsea still have to go to Arsenal and if they get a point and we get one at Anfield they cancel one another out. (1 point each from those two away games)

No other real hard trips. Tottenham will roll over like they always do against us there, we're due at City. Maybe Portsmouth a bit tough but the Chelsea game will decide it. I'm actually quite positive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then we trot out at the Bridge 4-5-1.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

No other real hard trips. Tottenham will roll over like they always do against us there, we're due at City. Maybe Portsmouth a bit tough but the Chelsea game will decide it. I'm actually quite positive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldnt be to sure about that, they have one of the best home records in the league as do City.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Has anyone else got seriously crazy snow atm btw?

Got snowflakes about an inch across here & the road is now blanketed in half an inch of snow easily.

Cannot see more than about 15-20 feet in front of you it's that heavy.

It's like a blizzard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None in sunny , wonderful Bolton at the moment.

Man, I have to agree with what gonch says. We're slipping up to much, and I think we're all goin to have a date at the heartbreak hotel icon_frown.gif

Today, I wasnt surprised we lost, basically because Arsenal are always our most difficult opponents, and basically due to the fact that my weekend has been an absolute abortion. Everything I touched (literally) turned to ****, so I had a feeling fate was going to deal me heartbreak in the most excruciating way in this match. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Wouldnt be to sure about that, they have one of the best home records in the league as do City. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They always have a decent home record and the talk is always pre-match how they'll give us a real test and we stroll out with a comfortable three points.

Top marks to me there, I've totally jinxed us for that one now icon_biggrin.gif

Has anyone else got seriously crazy snow atm btw?

Got snowflakes about an inch across here & the road is now blanketed in half an inch of snow easily.

Cannot see more than about 15-20 feet in front of you it's that heavy.

It's like a blizzard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not here, but you know that after persiods where the El-Nino effect comes quite strong (like recently), its normally followed by a really cold snap. Perhaps this is it, cause it was absolutely Baltic here last night.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Probably Illegal:

Well that was interesting. Place erupted when Henry scored the winner, but as soon as it started to die down, this one Utd fan strolled through the middle of the Arsenal fans singing about us still being top of the league, bright as day. Cheered me up no end icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lovejoy?

I just don't understand why we stick Ronney on the left & let Giggs play upfront.

I can understand the 4-5-1 to some degree but when we go more attacking it should be Rooney up top & not Giggs. Especially as it means Rooney is on the left & not the right wing.

Rooney will jsut do as he is told though as he works for the team like nobody else.

Archived