The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i think Liverpool will finish within three points of us. we'll probably jammy a win in one of the tricky away games to just keep our noses in front of them.

Chelsea to win it by six or so anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea are a mess, you lot will beat them down at Stamford Bridge. They have problems all over the pitch - never seen them play so poorly as they did yesterday. On their form they are in no way capable of winning 10 or so of their last 14 games.

Being really serious here - I think you lot will take the title by about 5 points from either us or Arsenal. Chelsea will fall away when teams realise they need to have a go at them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't see them picking up and putting themselves back together again once they actually have a defence? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think their problems run deeper at the moment, they offered nothing in attack yesterday, and the rumours are Terry will be out for months possibly as they can't get him right. Coupled with the fact that the cups will put an even tighter strain on his painfully thin squad and it could see them drop some points along the way.

i've no complaint with the giggs and evra booking if he's consistent. he wasn't, in any way shape or form.

as i've said, i've lots of reservations about the performance but after we scored we were incredibly comfortable. agree that fletch should have been the one on for Ronnie, but i wouldn't have taken him off at all. we can't see out games, we all know that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Betfair list it as

Man Utd 1.56

Chelsea 3.15

Liverpool 38

Arsenal 34 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

christ. well worth a few quid on chelsea that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

I think their problems run deeper at the moment, they offered nothing in attack yesterday, and the rumours are Terry will be out for months possibly as they can't get him right. Coupled with the fact that the cups will put an even tighter strain on his painfully thin squad and it could see them drop some points along the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All true I guess, it's certainly an interesting one. Wonder how they'll handle being just 5pts ahead of you now, they'll be looking both ways.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Betfair list it as

Man Utd 1.56

Chelsea 3.15

Liverpool 38

Arsenal 34 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

christ. well worth a few quid on chelsea that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa I'm getting on that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

So many twists and turns yet to come - its football ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speculating is what makes it fun though. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye it is, but fans going through the highs and lows now will see them reversed in a few weeks probably.

Never seen so many negative posts from NickOGS20 as I have today, but no doubt in a few weeks he will be happy as larry - thats the beauty of football.

I think their problems run deeper at the moment, they offered nothing in attack yesterday, and the rumours are Terry will be out for months possibly as they can't get him right. Coupled with the fact that the cups will put an even tighter strain on his painfully thin squad and it could see them drop some points along the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All true I guess, it's certainly an interesting one. Wonder how they'll handle being just 5pts ahead of you now, they'll be looking both ways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About time they had to deal with some pressure - by this time in the last 2 seasons they had the cigars out icon_biggrin.gif

So many twists and turns yet to come - its football ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye it is, but fans going through the highs and lows now will see them reversed in a few weeks probably.

Never seen so many negative posts from NickOGS20 as I have today, but no doubt in a few weeks he will be happy as larry - thats the beauty of football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i usually err on the pessimistic side anyway tbf. part of today is drunkenness but i'm a big believer in seizing opportunities when they present themselves and not doing so today will ultimately f**k us over this season.

I'm not allowing myself to get on a high this season, as bluntly there is the underlying feeling that we're not good enough to last the season and get 90+ points as Chelsea have done. The most pleasurable matches this year have been the ones like Boro away, Blackburn away, ones where we traditionally slip up. Overall things have been much better. But there's no hiding from the fact that our run in is nasty, starting from today, and we're going to drop more points in the second half of the season than we have in the first. Also despite the improvements, this 4-5-1 approach in big away games continues to handicap us.

What's keeping it interesting is the unexpected chaos at Chelsea, how long it will last remains to be seen though.

Never seen so many negative posts from NickOGS20 as I have today, but no doubt in a few weeks he will be happy as larry - thats the beauty of football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i usually err on the pessimistic side anyway tbf. part of today is drunkenness but i'm a big believer in seizing opportunities when they present themselves and not doing so today will ultimately f**k us over this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's it yeah, it's like in the F1, Alonso retiring in Hungary giving Ferrari a massive opportunity to gain 8-10pts, and they screwed it up and ultimately it cost them.

I'm with nick, the opportunity has been there for us to take advantage of Chelseas ****s up and really mount a big point gap between us. 8mins today, **** ups at west ham, dropped points at Newcastle there is 8 points...

Oh well. Pretty sure we will just tail off now and with liverpool and arsenal on top form who knows where we will finish. I just hope Waz sorts himself out now, really cant help with him being played wide. If fergie doesnt want him in the centre I'd prefer Park on either wing to him :/

Just done the old BBC predictor and have the following

Us

Watford W

Spurs W

Charlton W

Fulham W

Liverpool D

Bolton W

Blackburn W

Pompey W

Sheff Utd W

Chelsea L

Boro W

Everton W

Citeh D

West Ham W

Points - 92

Chelsea

Blackburn W

Charlton W

Boro W

Citeh W

Pompey W

Sheff Utd W

Watford W

Spurs W

West Ham W

Man Utd W

Newcastle W

Bolton W

Arsenal D

Everton W

Points 91

don't want to see Rooney near the team until Spurs away. not that he was particularly bad today, just that sticking him on the wing didn't help him today ESPECIALLY with Giggs basically playing in Rooney's usual role. c'mon Fergie, if you think he's off the pace and don't trust him to play his usual role, BENCH HIM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

go ronnie btw matt icon14.gif so ****ing good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's ok, I've paid Juni £1,000 to go and stab him after the match.

the goal's not working for me icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It died for me after 6% the first time, tried again and it worked.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Parma 1 - 0 Torino

Rossi 75 (P)

Stadio Tardini

Former Premiership starlet Giuseppe Rossi made a sensational debut with a winning goal and countless chances for Parma.

Toro wanted a result to know if they would be fighting against relegation or aiming for a European place this season, but the Gialloblu were without a win since October. Both teams had first-choice goalkeepers out of action - Alfonso De Lucia with a fractured cheekbone, Christian Abbiati suspended - while Andrea Ardito, Massimo Paci, Luca Cigarini and Ferdinand Coly were also banned.

Giuseppe Rossi completed his loan move from Manchester United this week and was thrown right in at the deep end with his Parma debut. It was a return for the youngster, who grew up in the Gialloblu youth system, and it took him just 33 seconds to force a corner.

Roberto Muzzi and Igor Budan also shaved the upright in a lively start to the match, but Rossi was on spectacular form, exchanging passes with Budan to bring a save from Taibi's outstretched foot.

Domenico Morfeo drilled inches wide and Taibi flapped at a curling Rossi free kick. There were no doubts on who was Man of the Match, as Rossi just failed to get on the end of Jorge Bolano's curling cross from the left under pressure from Taibi.

Giuseppe Rossi's arrival at the Tardini could be the best bit of business in the European transfer market this season, as he marked his sensational debut with a goal. The Under-21 international hooked down a cross, dribbled between four defenders and smashed his shot in despite Taibi getting a hand to it.

Toro didn't give in and Luca Bucci smothered an acrobatic Franceschini overhead kick.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lad got a standing ovation as he came off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Anyone going Spurs want to meet up for a drink?

Don't have a brief but am going to try get one on the day/jib in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will if I turn up with time to spare, made such fb time for West Ham and then turned up with 20 mins to KO icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Anyone going Spurs want to meet up for a drink?

Don't have a brief but am going to try get one on the day/jib in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will if I turn up with time to spare, made such fb time for West Ham and then turned up with 20 mins to KO icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon14.gif will buy you a pint around the ground if your about then

i'm really tempted to go to Spurs without a ticket :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You can watch it with me if we don't get in icon14.gif

Archived