The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I remain on a media blackout at present.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Following every defeat we have i do the same until we next win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep icon14.gif

SSN strictly no go now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I remain on a media blackout at present.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Following every defeat we have i do the same until we next win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep icon14.gif

SSN strictly no go now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they will be showing 'thierry's best 10 goals' every half hour for the next week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

As for us, my biggest worry is that Fergie doesn't have enough faith in the team to go out and win playing our way, so he worries too much about stopping the opposition, and in doing so not only negates our main strengths more than those of the opposition, but also transmits a negative mindset to the players at the same time. Yesterday was in many ways the same outcome as the game at OT, in that while Arsenal were the better side in terms of posession etc, it felt it was more down to our own failings that we lost than being beaten by a superior side.

Given how many potentially tough away games we've got coming up, my biggest worry is that we'll cost ourselves more points by being too negative and moving away from doing the things that have given us this lead in the first place. If we're to look at one performance that should be the model for the rest of our season, it should be Bolton away. A potentially tough away game, not against top 4 opponents but against a team with a superb home record, and one of the toughest places to go. We played our own game instead of worrying about what they were going to do, and blew them away. And i'm convinced that that's as much down to the psychology of sending players out with the mentally of letting the opposition worry about them, rather than vice-versa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree completely with those two paragraphs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

yeah completely agree. thankfully ive not considered for a minute that we would actually go on to win it, its only recently ive started paying attention to chelseas results before arsenals/liverpools. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly the way to go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Agree 100% with what Jim Lad said, (although took me about 15 minutes to read it all). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't started on it yet, about to do it.

Reading H – 3 (3)

newcastle A – 1 (1)

Villa H – 3 (3)

Arsenal A – 0 (0)

Watford H - 3

Spurs A - 1

Charlton H - 3

Fulham A - 3

Liverpool A - 0

Bolton H - 1

Blackburn H - 3

Portsmouth A - 1

Sheffield Utd H - 3

Chelsea A - 0

Boro H - 3

Everton A - 1

City A - 3

West Ham A - 3

Total 35 (50) – 85 (85)

CHELSEA

Fulham H – 3 (1)

Villa A – 3 (1)

Wigan H – 3 (3)

Liverpool A – 1 (0)

Blackburn H - 3

Charlton A - 3

Boro H - 3

Man City A - 3

Portsmouth A - 1

Shef U H - 3

Watford A - 3

Spurs H - 3

West Ham A - 1

Man Utd H - 3

Newcastle A - 1

Bolton H 3

Arsenal A - 0

Everton H 3

Total 43 (46) 89 (84)

Blimey icon_biggrin.gif

(pg 312 or so if anyone else wants to check)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

she's just a big wobbly sp*nk bomb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that off a film or something? Could have sworn I have heard it before.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Loans: Rossi off the mark

With the dust settling on United's latest spate of loan deals, ManUtd.com rounds up how the Reds' on-loan army fared over the weekend...

Giuseppe Rossi marked a sensational Parma debut with the only goal in a 1-0 win over Torino. The Italian U21 striker, who was outstanding throughout, beat four defenders before hammering in his late strike.

Phil Bardsley made his Aston Villa debut against Ben Foster's Watford as the Villans notched a first win since November against the Hornets. The Salford defender impressed, but Foster's heroics in goal stole the show - despite two late Villa goals sealing another defeat for Watford.

Gerard Pique turned in a solid performance for Real Zaragoza, but his side were held to a 0-0 draw by Recreativo Huelva to dent their Champions League aspirations.

Jonny Evans completed 90 minutes for Sunderland as Roy Keane's side moved to within goal difference of the Championship playoff zone, with a 4-2 win at Sheffield Wednesday.

Tim Howard marked his return to form with a clean sheet as Everton won 2-0 at struggling Wigan, courtesy of a second-half brace from Mikel Arteta.

Adam Eckersley helped Championship strugglers Barnsley to a much-needed 2-0 win at Luton Town to grab three priceless points in the Tykes' fight against relegation.

Danny Rose completed 90 minutes for Oxford in their 2-2 home draw with Grays, a result which keeps the Us three points off Conference leaders Dagenham & Redbridge.

Royal Antwerp were not in action, giving Fraizer Campbell, Darron Gibson, Ryan Shawcross and David Gray a weekend off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

she's just a big wobbly sp*nk bomb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that off a film or something? Could have sworn I have heard it before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Off Ricky Gervais Animals i think icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

Heres the link to the rossi goal :

Linky </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ Beppe.

first time I have seen the goal, quality first touch and finish icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such quick feet icon14.gif

I'm not trying to have a go at anyone here, but has it been that long since we were in a title race that people have forgotten how they go? There'll be twists, turns and dropped points a plenty between now and the end of the season, for both sides. And i can't believe there's ever been a title race that's been decided by a single result in january.

We can win at WHL and lose the title, and lose there and win it. Anyone putting that much significance on it should go and work for Sky's overhype department.

And i'm also aware that Nick may be fishing, but the general mood has been to swing between Mika thinking we'll be lucky to avoid relegation, to Scatter thinking we've done the treble.

We'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. If we stay clear of injuries and play to our strengths (no ****ing about with thie 4-5-1 lark) then unless Chelsea come really good I'd just about back us. But like Mark points out, there's such a long way to go. Absolutely anything can happen.

i wasn't being entirely serious yeah icon_biggrin.gif although it does feel a bit alien to be in a genuine title fight again to be honest

do think Spurs away is huge though. i'm arrogantly assuming we brush Watford aside, and Chelsea have a somewhat resurgent Blackburn that night iirc which looks to be there only realistic chance of dropping points over the next month. they then have Charlton away the day before we go to WHL, a ground where we usually do pretty well. Spurs are extremely inconsistent this season and have been woeful at times but if they're near their best it's going to be a massive test. obviously it's no title-decider, but an away win at a good side would restore any confidence that may have been lost yesterday, and keeps our lead at six with Charlton at OT next up, meaning we should (touch wood) go into the next away game (the opponent escapes me, Pompey maybe) with some momentum again.

we're not winning it though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and Chelsea have a somewhat resurgent Blackburn that night iirc which looks to be there only realistic chance of dropping points over the next month </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's one of the biggest bits that's bugged me in the last month or so, with both comments and results in predictors that people have posted. Would anyone have said Villa away, or especially Fulham or reading at home, would be places Chelsea could "realistically drop points"? Just like us at Newcastle was a banker 3 points for us.

The reality is that for all that a part of it is injuries, this isn't Chelsea of either of the last two seasons, and for all that they'll get injured players back, they weren't playing as well as the previous two seasons with everyone available. I've no problem with people thinking we might get pipped to the title, it's still where my money would be, it's the certainty with which people seem to think Chelsea will be back to their remorseless best from tomorrow that has me bemused, that they'll win every game between now and the end of the season.

I wonder if it's something to do with the anti-jinxing mentality, that people feel they have to suppose we'll lose every game we go into and that Chelsea will win them all so they're not tempting fate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

tbh the only times ive tried to be positive this season we have lost, like yesterday. so its back to stone cold pessimism for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

FAO BBB:

Could you maybe see your way to possibly potentially asking your contacts about the possibility of a Bolton ticket PLEEEEEEEASE? icon_smile.gif

FAO REDBLOOD AND EDDIE:

Apologies lads, the Fulham tickets are a no go. Not even for me. My so-called friend, twat that he is, has flogged his allocation already, including mine. The bastard.

'Oh, I assumed because you weren't living in London you wouldn't be going this year.'

'Well you assumed wrong then, didn't you. Knob jockey'.

FAO BBB:

Could you maybe see your way to possibly potentially asking your contacts about the possibility of a Bolton ticket PLEEEEEEEASE? icon_smile.gif

FAO REDBLOOD AND EDDIE:

Apologies lads, the Fulham tickets are a no go. Not even for me. My so-called friend, twat that he is, has flogged his allocation already, including mine. The bastard.

'Oh, I assumed because you weren't living in London you wouldn't be going this year.'

'Well you assumed wrong then, didn't you. Knob jockey'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no worrys icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

mark, stop trying to over-analyse it icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, Mika has his wrist slitting pessimism, you have your adulation and championing of youngsters who will eventually be sold to championship clubs, Jimlad has more paragraphs than the big print version of the complete works of Charles Dickens, BBB has his scouse hate, and i have my over analysing things. It's just the way of the thread, don't try to fight it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

what's that quote about being able to take the despair, it's the hope i can't stand? i think that rings true for a lot of people atm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good reminder actually, I was going to have that as my location.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

Your bottle has gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great, the only user on the boards who can make me long for the greater intellect and wit of a Pires777 post.

@ RedBlood

My question to you sir is do you know when More4 is going to start showing Studio 60?

Sorry for going completely off topic but I'm not going into the dedicated thread to get spoiled.

- - - - - - - -

And marginally back on topic, Mark why would a big print version of Dickins have more or less paragraphs than a normal sized one?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

@ RedBlood

My question to you sir is do you know when More4 is going to start showing Studio 60?

Sorry for going completely off topic but I'm not going into the dedicated thread to get spoiled.

- - - - - - - -

And marginally back on topic, Mark why would a big print version of Dickins have more or less paragraphs than a normal sized one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wouldn't, it's a bastardised Blackadder quote. It's meant to be "thicker than....".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

Your bottle has gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great, the only user on the boards who can make me long for the greater intellect and wit of a Pires777 post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OZZIE! OZZIE MATE! Come here a minute!

Archived