The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

On a serious note I stand by everything I've said so forgive me for not being convinced by the logic of:

"OMG BELIEVE WE WILL WIN TODAY"

We lost?

"BUT BELIEVE"

Hell, that's the approach of an England fan.

I thought that we stood a good chance of losing today = We did.

Imo we approached the game wrongly, have wasted another great opportunity to put some distance between ourselves and Chelsea. We have a tougher end to the season than the start and can't afford to keep letting these chances slip because you would think that they'll sort themselves out.

When it really matters we make the same mistakes and it's so frustrating to see us line up 4-5-1 when we all know before a ball has been kicked that it'll backfire.

If that's so ridiculous then hell I'd hate to be right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just believe in the possibility. Whoever said it was a foregone conclusion ? Wasn't me.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I'm not trying to have a go at anyone here, but has it been that long since we were in a title race that people have forgotten how they go? There'll be twists, turns and dropped points a plenty between now and the end of the season, for both sides. And i can't believe there's ever been a title race that's been decided by a single result in january.

We can win at WHL and lose the title, and lose there and win it. Anyone putting that much significance on it should go and work for Sky's overhype department.

And i'm also aware that Nick may be fishing, but the general mood has been to swing between Mika thinking we'll be lucky to avoid relegation, to Scatter thinking we've done the treble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, yeah.

I endured, along with many others, 26 years of nothing but an FA Cup or two.

The worst we've ever finished in the Prem ? Third, I believe. If we do that again, I won't be too disappointed, tbh. Of course, I'd rather we did actually lift our trophy again, though.

I've not given up any hope of doing just that. Unlike some, it would seem.

As for Doubles/Trebles, we'll see, eh ? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">""During half-time, the coach told us," Flamini told L'Equipe.

"He asked us to remain focused and strong because Manchester will give up physically in the last 20 minutes.

"He said: 'They are not the same anymore after 70 minutes'. Once again, the coach was right!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing more than a psychological half-time pep talk from Wenger, or has he got a point there?

Worth noting that Queiroz (with Valter di Salvo in tow) was heavily criticised for his approach to fitness training at Madrid, where his team were dubbed 'the sixty/seventy minute wonders'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

FAO BBB:

Could you maybe see your way to possibly potentially asking your contacts about the possibility of a Bolton ticket PLEEEEEEEASE? icon_smile.gif

FAO REDBLOOD AND EDDIE:

Apologies lads, the Fulham tickets are a no go. Not even for me. My so-called friend, twat that he is, has flogged his allocation already, including mine. The bastard.

'Oh, I assumed because you weren't living in London you wouldn't be going this year.'

'Well you assumed wrong then, didn't you. Knob jockey'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no worrys icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs. Thanks for trying, Ali. As I've said before, you're a toff. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I've not given up hope, I never had any. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll be over the moon should the unthinkable happen, in that case ?

I've known mules less stubborn. icon_biggrin.gif

I like you, Matt. But you give me teh (mild) irrits. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">""During half-time, the coach told us," Flamini told L'Equipe.

"He asked us to remain focused and strong because Manchester will give up physically in the last 20 minutes.

"He said: 'They are not the same anymore after 70 minutes'. Once again, the coach was right!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing more than a psychological half-time pep talk from Wenger, or has he got a point there?

Worth noting that Queiroz (with Valter di Salvo in tow) was heavily criticised for his approach to fitness training at Madrid, where his team were dubbed 'the sixty/seventy minute wonders'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I was hoping you lot could shed some more light on this,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Giuseppe Rossi’s agent has warned interested Italian clubs that they would have to dig deep in order to convince Manchester United to sell.

The Parma striker made an immediate impact on his Serie A debut on Sunday just days after his loan switch from United, a performance which has already sparked speculation over his future.

His representative has admitted that a number of the peninsula’s top clubs are keen, but that United have already turned down a sizeable offer for the Under-21 international.

“Sides like Milan, Inter, Juventus and Roma are following him,†Andrea Pastorello stated on Monday evening.

“United turned down a £4.2m bid before the season started basically because they have great faith in the youngster.

“This winter there was a chance for Parma to get him on loan, without an option to buy, and Giuseppe now has a chance to shine.â€

Although Pastorello has nothing but praise for the Premiership leaders, he has admitted that Rossi may be more suited to Serie A.

“I’m grateful to United and we will never clash,†he added. “But in terms of his characteristics, I think Rossi is more suited to the Italian game.

“That’s why we rejected a loan to another English club [after his brief spell at Newcastle], also ruling out Second Divisions sides.

“We have also had contact with Barcelona, but I repeat that it will not be easy to take him away from Manchester United.

“His price? They’ve already said no to £4m which is no small fee by today’s standards…†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we got a free Premier League sticker album over the weekend with the papers. As usual the whole squad for each team featured, along with a special royal place for your teams star man. Henry for Srsenal, Terry for Chelsea, and.......FLETCH for us icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

You should be aware that any perceived criticism of Fletcher is monitored very closely by the Thread police. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*turns sirens on*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Ali, I'll try and get you a Bolton mate, shouldn't be a problem icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

♥

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

dude, so gay icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, no, you didn't understand. Um... it was a reference to the fact that at said Bolton game, Nemanja Vidic is going to rip out Anelka's heart.

Or something. :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

what do you reckon Vidic has for breakfast? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Montenegro. It's the real reason for the split iirc.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

all those Vidic 'things' irritate me, apart from one brilliant one. He doesn't make tea, he chews a teabag and pours boiling water into his mouth.

Kudos to whoever came up with that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh and Mikael Silvestre ftw. Clearly better than O'Shea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not exactly hard, me in Antwerp at about 5am on the first 'night' would be better than O'Shea, and I only had one leg.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I hope the atmosphere at Spurs is good, people on RI are saying the United end yesterday was full of non-singers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparantly a woman with a kid left after 60 mins, full of tourists filming the game/taking pictures.

Applied for Fulham yet?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

all those Vidic 'things' irritate me, apart from one brilliant one. He doesn't make tea, he chews a teabag and pours boiling water into his mouth.

Kudos to whoever came up with that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coldberg I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I hope the atmosphere at Spurs is good, people on RI are saying the United end yesterday was full of non-singers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparantly a woman with a kid left after 60 mins, full of tourists filming the game/taking pictures.

Applied for Fulham yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not going to lie, I haven't and not going to. Yeah you're a better United fan than me, you deserve more tickets, I take back the mocking and all that. icon_biggrin.gif

It's not all down to me, i'm 15 remember.

My dad doesn't want to go to Fulham, he pays for my food/travel I just pay for the ticket, he's been before and at the end of the day it's all down to him if we apply or not.

Yeah, probably go to Arsenal because my dad hasn't been to the Emirates before.

You'll probably get Fulham, i'll be surprised if you don't.

Archived