The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hero of the Day:

Danny Simpson has joined Keanos revolution up in the NE. Loan til the end of the season.

http://www.safc.com/news?page_id=11578

Sunderland are literally turning into a Man Utd past and future side.

He's got a good chance of starting a large majority of the games. Whitehead has been playing RB, but is really a CM/MR. Sunderland also just sold Caldwell to Burnley so there should be plenty of chances at RB/CB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

any idea what squad number he'll take?

should do well for you, he's almost as highly-rated as Evans and one of our most promising young'uns. very very quick, good going forward and a pretty decent tackler. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im not a sunderland fan, im a united fan living in sunderland so get to see a few games of my choosing. Not sure about the squad number, just checked the official website and they don't have his details up yet. It does say whitehead will be moved back to midfield to allow Simpson to slot into right back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I cannot believe we have that many season ticket holders.

Considering East tier 2 is used by away fans in cup games they cannot be season ticket seats plus the normal area in the South East corner for away fans in league games.

I would have though more around 56-58,000 season tickets personally. However if it is true then it does explain my chubbing for every home game apart from Celtic this season icon_biggrin.gif

Plus with that 10,000 strong waiting list I will never get a season ticket now icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are season ticket holders in South tier 2, but cup teams wants to take that tier all the season ticket holders have to get moved to a different part of the ground.

But yeah, I agree 64,000 does seem too many, i'd have thought there is around 58,00-60,000.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

must point out that one thing I do remember from my degree is that Football Balance Sheets and 'the deductions from Turnover' are extremely dodgy anyway, as how do you value 'stock'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i remember more than that from my degree(s) and i didn't even finish it icon_cool.gif

its a 78k stadium

if east tier 2 holds 12k say there would be 66k seats left for us

normally league away fans get the little section which would hold 4-5k i guess which would leave 73-74k seats left

64k ST's (inc proper ST's, execs and one year ST's i assume) still leaves 9-10k seats for general sale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ferguson set to ring the changes

Posted 26/01/07 14:14

EmailPrintSave

Sir Alex Ferguson is contemplating a couple of changes ahead of Manchester United's FA Cup fourth-round clash with Portsmouth at Old Trafford. Although the Red Devils chief is confident a few minor niggles in the United camp will have cleared for the visit of Harry Redknapp's overachievers, he is still looking to spread the load in a busy week that also features two Premiership outings.

Gabriel Heinze and goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak could be among those to benefit, while Henrik Larsson may be rested.

Kick-off 5.15pm.

United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney, Larsson, Heinze, Saha, Brown, Fletcher, O'Shea, Richardson, Solskjaer, Park. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like how they get that headline from:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Everyone is fit," reported the manager at his weekly press conference. "There were one or two niggles in training on Thursday but hopefully they will be OK. There won't be many changes, but possibly one or two." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

loving the way these financial results are being presented. smoke and mirrors ftw \O/

correct me if i'm wrong on any of the following:

- pre-tax profits have barely, if at all, increased on the previous year

- profits, as expected, are nowhere near enough to cover the necessary interest payments on the loan

- that 64,000 ST holders claim is almost certainly b*llocks, and the 10,000 waiting list definitely is. maybe they meant mailing list eh?

- had the takeover not gone ahead, instead of essentially making a loss (despite a net transfer profit and mass culling of playing staff) we would be in a position to strengthen the squad AND at the very least freeze ticket prices

- and some people still don't understand why we're not all that keen on the Glazers?

this from a poster on RI sums things up for me:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Forget whether the Glazers know what they're doing or not. The club admit that interest payments are now £62m per annum. Good housekeeping apparently.

Without the interest, if (as the club budget for) we play 25 home games a season, and the ground is full every game, your ticket could cost £32.63 less, with no effect on team spending.

I.e. every single penny every match going supporter pays is going to pay the interest on their debt. Makes you think, eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Without the interest, if (as the club budget for) we play 25 home games a season, and the ground is full every game, your ticket could cost £32.63 less, with no effect on team spending. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is horrific :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Without the interest, if (as the club budget for) we play 25 home games a season, and the ground is full every game, your ticket could cost £32.63 less, with no effect on team spending. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm so they pay ME £2.63 a game to go then icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Reds still going for Owen

Sir Alex Ferguson is refusing to give up on his bid to sign Owen Hargreaves.

The Bayern Munich midfielder admitted last week that United had lodged an official bid - reported to be £20million - to sign him in the January transfer window. But Bayern boss Felix Magath insisted on Tuesday that there would be no changes to his squad this month.

United have been tracking the England international, who celebrated his 26th birthday last weekend, since the summer. And Sir Alex remains hopeful a deal will eventually be agreed.

"I'm not giving up on anything that makes us better," he insisted after being asked about the situation with Hargreaves. "It's looking more difficult as the days go on [to do any business]. We've been active in one or two other areas and, although I don't anticipate anything happening, we're still hopeful.[/b/

"January is never an easy time to sign players. If you look at the top four clubs there is never much movement [in the market].

"There is a lot to consider when you bring in a player at this time of the season and clubs don't always want to sell because they have got their own needs."

Meanwhile, United appear likely to continue the pursuit of Gareth Bale. Southampton have already rejected offers for the talented left-back, with Tottenham also said to be interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie on drugs?

honestly sometimes i despair at society. the other day there were people ringing in praising the glazers for bringing in larsson, saying the boycotters were not true fans and claiming the 'problems' with abramovich at chelsea prove just how well our american chums are balancing things.

when you stop to think the influence of the media on people it is depressing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

loving the way these financial results are being presented. smoke and mirrors ftw \O/

correct me if i'm wrong on any of the following:

- pre-tax profits have barely, if at all, increased on the previous year

- profits, as expected, are nowhere near enough to cover the necessary interest payments on the loan

- that 64,000 ST holders claim is almost certainly b*llocks, and the 10,000 waiting list definitely is. maybe they meant mailing list eh?

- had the takeover not gone ahead, instead of essentially making a loss (despite a net transfer profit and mass culling of playing staff) we would be in a position to strengthen the squad AND at the very least freeze ticket prices

- and some people still don't understand why we're not all that keen on the Glazers?

this from a poster on RI sums things up for me:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Forget whether the Glazers know what they're doing or not. The club admit that interest payments are now £62m per annum. Good housekeeping apparently.

Without the interest, if (as the club budget for) we play 25 home games a season, and the ground is full every game, your ticket could cost £32.63 less, with no effect on team spending.

I.e. every single penny every match going supporter pays is going to pay the interest on their debt. Makes you think, eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

My comment was to AJ obviously icon_biggrin.gif

You'll have to steal Keith's ticket now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can't mines been swapped for a Spurs ticket already.

Means Jobless and Debt boy get to go to Fulham and Spurs togeather.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

must point out that one thing I do remember from my degree is that Football Balance Sheets and 'the deductions from Turnover' are extremely dodgy anyway, as how do you value 'stock'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i remember more than that from my degree(s) and i didn't even finish it icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been getting paid to read books for the past 4 months, its kind of all got lost in the mind numbingly boredness that has occured.

I'm fine, there's still 3 weeks to go and i've spent most nights since Christmas sleeping on the sofa, fighting with Orange and BT and my unborn baby all this on top of starting a new job and all I was looking forward to was that CD Mart and YOU LET ME DOWN.

James, it's not a baby bath is it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

it's all post xmas bloat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From how many christmases? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

about 32, I reckon (I was ill for 1990)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

it's all post xmas bloat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From how many christmases? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

about 32, I reckon (I was ill for 1990) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived