The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha, tbf, you work for my rivals so it's revenge icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nopper, I work for Central Networks, we own the infrastructure, not flogging pensioners crap policies that don't work

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Do you want a baby bath? icon_biggrin.gif WINK

PS: Did you ever pop that thing in the post, you hero you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, but I have it on standby ready to go. You still want?

so we sell out every home game do we Mr Gill?

Kick-off on Saturday is 5.15pm. You can buy general sale tickets online, call 0870 442 1999. or pay on the gate at turnstile E30. Click here for more info for paying on the gate.

hmmmmmmmmmm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

oh and the 1 ante natal class that I have attended scared the beejeesus out of me, ventrousing is still giving me nightmares. It's a kitchen plunger and a vacuum cleaner ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WARNING - you may not want to read this

It ain't pretty dude. But if it gets the job done. Matt ended up with a dislocated shoulder, but he was out.

The look of panic on the doctor's faces (they appeared from nowhere when it started to turn to sh*t) and the lumps of flesh left on the delivery room floor are my main two memories.

Oh and feeling soooo helpless when Matt was being carted off in one direct to the baby care unit and Sal was going in the other to be put back together again.

but hey, don't wanna scare ya or anything icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LokedOut420:

Which season featured the epic encounters with Real Madrid in the CL? Was it 2001? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

02/03?

O'Shea's super season inc. nutmegging Figo?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LokedOut420:

Which season featured the epic encounters with Real Madrid in the CL? Was it 2001? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

02/03?

O'Shea's super season inc. nutmegging Figo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah...that's the one. I'm craving some top notch football to watch, and I seem to remember both of those games being quite good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

strange night. Too amazed by the game to really care that we got knocked out. So much better than Monaco, Dortmund etc etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, the year before with Leverkusen I was so gutted, with the Madrid one I was proud of the team, and the game as a whole.

I know I'll get slaughtered but from the moment Ruud skinned Carlos down the right early on with a lovely bit of skill, it was always going to be a great occassion, crowd right up for it and some great football, if I could have been at any game not from the treble season I think it might have been that one.

There's a debate I guess, if you could have been at any game other than the CL final, what would it have been?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

FA Semi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the other obvious one I guess. Villa Park in 2002 as well would have been great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

FA Semi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the other obvious one I guess. Villa Park in 2002 as well would have been great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep icon_cool.gif

I was gonna say that one.. icon_biggrin.gif but the Ruud love-in might have started all over again

nothing wrong with that though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

The cheeky little runt basically said i want to do a swap so i can get another spurs ticket

useless git

i demenaded a away for this later oin the season he went quiet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you want to go to fulham?

you know what gets forgetten about that game though, how fb Ole's goal was to bring it back to 1-2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Chested down and slotted through Schmike's legs icon_cool.gif

Who's going tommorrow and (seeing as "debtboy" isnt going) where is everyone meeting ?

and if I had a choice it would have to be Barcelona away in 99 or Spurs away in 2001 (seeing as I was there for ALL the home games in the treble season icon_cool.gif).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Piqué of his powers

Friday, 26 January 2007

by Paul Saffer

Gerard Piqué has an impeccable football pedigree. The grandson of famed FC Barcelona vice-president Amador Bernabéu - no relation of Real Madrid CF's Santiago - the defender was developed by the Camp Nou side before being signed by Manchester United FC aged just 16 in 2004. Within four months he had made his first-team debut, and he has been a regular for Europe's strongest nation at youth level, Spain.

Ferguson's rage

His rise continued apace in 2006. Two years after helping Spain win the UEFA European Under-17 Championship final, he went one better for the U19s in Poland last July, setting up Alberto Bueno's winner in the final against Scotland. However, the identity of Spain’s opposition did not endear Piqué to patriotic United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, a man the youngster has described as like a second father. "He rang me after the final and said he was angry because we had beaten Scotland," Piqué told uefa.com. "I told him it was my job and he was just going to have to be happy and proud because someone from his club had won. I think in the end he was happy!"

"I hope next season I'll go back to Manchester and get a place"

Zaragoza loan

Piqué, who turns 20 next Friday, made his first Premiership start in March, and this summer was sent on loan to Real Zaragoza for 2005/06, though he remains under contract at Old Trafford until 2009. It has become normal for Sir Alex to send his young prospects out to another club to sharpen them before using them regularly. "I talked to Sir Alex and agreed it was the best decision for me and for the club, I can get first-team experience," said Piqué, who scored on his Primera División debut in September. "It's going well. I'm playing games and scoring goals, even though I am a defender. But I hope next season I'll go back to Manchester and get a place. I talked to the boss and he said he wanted to come to the stadium to see us play. I will try to show him that everything is going fine and I'm playing well."

'New life'

That he has already picked up English parlance like "the boss" shows how quickly he was able to settle when he first moved to Manchester. "When you first go you don't have your family or friends, you have to start a new life," Piqué remembers. "You meet new people and after six to seven months you are happy again." But then he did have an example to look to - his friend Cesc Fabregas left Barcelona for Arsenal FC not long before Piqué’s own English switch and they remain close. "Every week we try to talk. But we don't always talk about football, we talk about our lives. We've played together since we were six or seven, after that he went to Arsenal I went to United, but we are still in touch."

Spanish success

The victory in the U19 finals was especially sweet for Piqué and many of his team-mates, due to the disappointment at U17 level two years earlier when a Spain side including Fabregas lost the final to a late goal from hosts France. "A lot of the players were in France, so we were extra motivated to win in Poland," Piqué said. "We didn't want to repeat that experience. We tried to react and we succeeded." However, Spain's stellar record at youth level - it was their third U19 title in five years - meant they knew expectations back home were high. "It can be hard," Piqué admits. "All the country thinks you are going to win the tournament before it starts. This is very difficult to handle. Also, we are the favourites and all the teams respect you. You have to use that respect to change it into fear, make them scared of you."

"I remember when we got to the airport a lot of people were waiting for us and that was a great experience"Gerard Piqué

Youth tournaments

Certainly, he has enjoyed his experience with UEFA's youth finals. "These tournaments are nice as you develop," he said. "It is hard as you are young, 17 or 19, but once it has happened you are better as a player." Next on the agenda is adding to his two caps at U21 level, then in the summer gaining another triumph at his generation's farewell to youth football at the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Canada, to repeat the celebrations he experienced last July. I remember when we got to the airport a lot of people were waiting for us and that was a great experience. You feel you have a country behind you and following you," Piqué said. "I hope to repeat that after the World Cup in Canada." And doubtless many more times in his career.

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's hope yet Taz icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

The cheeky little runt basically said i want to do a swap so i can get another spurs ticket

useless git

i demanded a away for this later in the season he went quiet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you want to go to fulham? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well when i said it was ok for the swap for the spurs one (not that he offered me the spurs ticket mind!!! or even said who it was for) i had kind of forgotten i have the friday off work so my excuse for not going due to the 12:45pm KO and a early start not being my cup of tea was a bit of a **** up

would prefer another away tbh chelsea would be nice when we win the title there

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

useless git

i demanded a away for this later in the season he went quiet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you want to go to fulham? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well when i said it was ok for the swap for the spurs one (not that he offered me the spurs ticket mind!!! or even said who it was for) i had kind of forgotten i have the friday off work so my excuse for not going due to the 12:45pm KO and a early start not being my cup of tea was a bit of a **** up

would prefer another away tbh chelsea would be nice when we win the title there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if he's not swapped the ticket yet by all means have it yourself - i can't really afford to go to Spurs, it was nice of Mart to try and do the swap but he should have checked.

only way i can afford to go would be if i sold my ps2. if he's already swapped it i might do that.

I really like Pique, whether he will stick around to be a first team player is another matter, if he comes back next season he will be 5th choice CB assuming Wes and Silv are still there. Along with O Shea and Gabby pushing for the place. Shame he is a very talented footballer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

So what would you do if you ended up stuck in train carriage with David Elleray? Would you (like me) spend the entire journey going "It... nah, it couldn't be..."? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ Snipes \o/

Post more mate, you're ace.

In answer to the game other than the CL final... would have to be United - Blackburn in 93. Even watching it on the tele, the raw emotion like that was probably the only thing that came close to Barca 99.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">pay for fulham? - i could probably buy them outright </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i bet you've been craven to do that for a while..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

anyone calling a dalgliesh scum (or thereabouts) is worth a icon14.gif surely....? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apparently not. seems in doing so i've offended a nation icon_frown.gif

Archived