The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

Could anyone tell me why Man United played a, home, First Division game against W.B.A, on Aug 23rd 1971 at the Victoria Ground, Stoke City?

Just read it elsewhere but it didnt give a reason </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Old Trafford was closed because of a knife-throwing incident.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

United track Juve striker

Manchester United are believed to be tracking Juventus' Michele Paolucci.

The 21-year-old is currently on loan at Ascoli and scored a twice in Sunday's Serie A win over Messina.

Paolucci has a deal at the Stadio Delle Alpi until 2009, but could be released early should United come calling

"My future? I have a contract with Juve until 2009," Paolucci told Corriere dello Sport.

But asked about rumours linking him with a possible move to Old Trafford, Paolucci said: "I knew something. There would be a possibility to free myself early.

"I wait on Juve, but should Manchester call I wouldn't have to think for more than a minute."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I love it when they call us 'Manchester' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not like it causes any confusion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Saha to sit out Hornets match

Louis Saha will miss Manchester United's Premiership encounter with Watford after failing to recover from a knee injury.

Bet on Man Utd v Watford - £20 free matched bet

Man Utd 1/8, Draw 5/1, Watford 16/1. Henrik Larsson is 3/1 to open the scoring with skybet!

Sir Alex Ferguson had hoped the French striker would be available to face the rock bottom Hornets - but Saha will only return to training in the morning and has an outside chance of making Sunday's trip to Tottenham.

Wayne Rooney was due to be among the substitutes but may start after his two-goal salvo against Portsmouth at the weekend, while Cristiano Ronaldo returns to the squad after a brief break in Dubai.

Manchester United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Silvestre, O'Shea, Evra, Heinze, Park, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Richardson, Ronaldo, Rooney, Larsson, Solskjaer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That game was awesome due to the quote from Makelele after

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "I saw what Ferguson was saying before we won at Bolton and I was laughing. I

thought the guy was really funny. Maybe even ridiculous.

"He was saying United would win against Sunderland and then we would lose at

Bolton.

"What can I say? You all know what happened. I didn't bother watching the

Sunderland game, though I had a right laugh when I heard United flopped again

with that goalless draw.

"It must have been the ref again or did Ferguson not whinge this time?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And people want Leeds promoted ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only so a) we can beat them, b) They got some good players that we can sign and watch them cry about and c) so they can win us the title by beating our closest rivals even though they are crap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Gibson included in Republic squad

Young Manchester United midfielder Darron Gibson has been included in the Republic of Ireland's senior panel for the first time.

The Londonderry lad, who chose to play for the Republic rather than Northern Ireland, is in the panel for the Euro 2008 qualifier against San Marino.

Gibson, 19, is currently on loan with Belgian club Royal Antwerp.

Goalkeeper Darren Randolph of Charlton comes in as cover because number one Shay Given is out injured.

Charlton midfielder Andy Reid and Reading's Kevin Doyle are also out of the panel because of hamstring injuries.

Andy Keogh (Wolves), Stephen Hunt (Reading) and Sunderland's Anthony Stokes are all in after impressing in the recent 'B' mach with Scotland.

The Republic, with just four points from four games, need a win before tougher games with Slovakia and Wales.

The game against San Marino takes place in the Serravalle Stadium on Wednesday, 7 February. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\O/

dgifffffffffb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And people want Leeds promoted ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only so a) we can beat them, b) They got some good players that we can sign and watch them cry about and c) so they can win us the title by beating our closest rivals even though they are crap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

utter rubbish. christ you'll be wishing titles for scousers next

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

want them in the conference or lower and bankrupt, gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by finneys13:

Darren Gibson has been called up by Ireland. He seems to be in Belgium at the moment, but is he good or another Kieran Richardson? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See Nick's post a bit above, I know he rates him quite highly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

want them in the conference or lower and bankrupt, gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by finneys13:

I see. He is a midfielder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defensive one as far as I know, O'Shea but more talent and less lumbering about I think.

Darren Gibson has been called up by Ireland. He seems to be in Belgium at the moment, but is he good or another Kieran Richardson? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hard to say. even Richardson looked semi-useful at 18/19. Gibson's awesome though. physically so much more developed than most youngsters of his age (and has been since he first emerged at the academy, almost freakishly so), has it in him to be pretty much the complete midfielder. should really be at a better club than Antwerp though, surprised we didn't recall him this month and loan him somewhere more challenging.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Worcester City Researcher:

Lads - Bohs have been linked with a fella called Kyle Moran - believe he played for your Youth Teams

Any info on him at all - is he actually any good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seems to be having trials with a few clubs in ireland at the minute, last I heard he was on trial with Derry City. we released him at the end of last season rather than giving him a pro contract.

he's a striker, born in Dundalk on 7/6/1987, we signed him from Shelbourne in 2003 i think. nothing particularly special it has to be said, half-decent finisher but he never even really established himself with the u18's/reserves and was pretty much a fringe player at those levels.

I see. He is a midfielder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defensive one as far as I know, O'Shea but more talent and less lumbering about I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

box-to-box more than defensive. he offers a lot going forward as well as defensively.

Being Reading is a early evening KO i cant go but before you squabble over who getsd the ticket Mart is having it for his Dad.

Jonny i see has my spare Fulham ticket so he'll owe me for Fulham away and Watford tomorrow

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

We beat Crystal Palace 2-0 in the F.A Youth cup 5th round. Houston & Brandy with the goals.

Home tie against Barnsley or Birmingham in the quarter final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Hewson, we have a problem' doesn't have the same ring to it, but that's his name icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

We beat Crystal Palace 2-0 in the F.A Youth cup 5th round. Houston & Brandy with the goals.

Home tie against Barnsley or Birmingham in the quarter final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Hewson, we have a problem' doesn't have the same ring to it, but that's his name icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought i'd never heard of Houston which is what both commentators were saying all night.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

woo, thanks to ryan, I've either got me a everton or a pompey

\o/\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

such a gloating C**T icon_frown.gif

Archived