The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Premature mocking ftl, beat us and they're possibly 8pts behind, with all of their hard games done. Thing that might do them is the fact that they're chasing two teams and not one, naturally my money is still on Chelsea ofc.

It's not quite the time to completely rule out Liverpool and mass mock them though, not for me anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

It's not quite the time to completely rule out Liverpool and mass mock them though, not for me anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pfffffffft. like hell it isn't.

it's on ffs. they're at billions. absolute billions. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

It's not quite the time to completely rule out Liverpool and mass mock them though, not for me anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pfffffffft. like hell it isn't.

it's on ffs. they're at billions. absolute billions. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll see, still think they'll end up a lot closer to us by the end than a lot of people think.

We all know Fergie wont be able to resist making changes tonight so what team is everyone hoping to see?

I wouldnt mind Giggs, Carrick and Larsson sitting out tonight.

VDS, Nev, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Scholes, Park, Rooney, Solksjaer

I'm not a fan of changing your back four. And with no Saha and ole and Larsson being too similar Rooney has to start. Lets hope the wonder goal has done him wonders.

Though all that said i can see us playing tonight with no Evra, Ronaldo, Scholes and Rooney. Heinze, Fletch, O'Shea coming in with Larsson and Ole up top.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

We all know Fergie wont be able to resist making changes tonight so what team is everyone hoping to see?

I wouldnt mind Giggs, Carrick and Larsson sitting out tonight.

VDS, Nev, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Scholes, Park, Rooney, Solksjaer

I'm not a fan of changing your back four. And with no Saha and ole and Larsson being too similar Rooney has to start. Lets hope the wonder goal has done him wonders.

Though all that said i can see us playing tonight with no Evra, Ronaldo, Scholes and Rooney. Heinze, Fletch, O'Shea coming in with Larsson and Ole up top. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess he'll rest the older guys who can't play three times in a week, so I agree on Giggs/Larsson being given a rest, and I think Scholes will be out of the 16 too.

Ronaldo will play though I think, Fletcher in for Scholes (or Carrick if you're right), maybe Brown in for Nev.

I'd sooner see Rio/Vida left there rather than him resting one and playing Silvestre, but you never know with Fergie.

These are all of the changes I'd sooner have done at the weekend to be honest, but oh well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fergie confirms Foster return

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Ben Foster will return to Old Trafford in the summer after spending a second year on loan at Watford.

Foster joined United 18 months ago from Stoke but has yet to make an appearance for the club, with Ferguson instead farming him out to Watford.

Foster has made quite an impression at Vicarage Road, recently forcing himself into the England squad, and Ferguson sees his long-term future at Old Trafford.

"Without question, Ben will come back here," said Ferguson.

"All we have done in terms of the goalkeeping situation is identify really good talent and secure their future.

"We know Ben has a good future in the game. He is doing well at Watford and, at his age, has everything in front of him, because I believe him to be England's best young goalkeeper."

Ferguson paid tribute to Hornets boss Aidy Boothroyd who has given the Scot regular bulletins on Foster's progress.

"I get a fantastic monthly report from Aidy Boothroyd, which contains all the detail about how he trains, how he is as a professional and how he is developing," revealed Ferguson.

"It is first-class professionalism from Aidy Boothroyd to take the time to go through all the games he plays in that month."

Premier League rules prohibit Foster from playing against his parent club when The Hornets travel to Old Trafford on Wednesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean anything for van der Sar?

I thought he was going to stick around until after EURO2008 but if we're going to bring Foster back maybe he's not? I don't think there'd be much point in bringing him back only to fight for second spot with The Koosh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Not just my bias talking, but they're all gash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah but I'm trying to be positive. For once.

I don't know how will the keepers' situation resolve either, I believe Kuszczak is agreed as a future transfer so we are bound to have 3 quality gk next season.

re: tonight, Fergie will defo make some changes but I see no reason in resting Larsson while he's with us, surely he can go through the two months with us and rest when back in Sweden?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vanester:

I don't know how will the keepers' situation resolve either, I believe Kuszczak is agreed as a future transfer so we are bound to have 3 quality gk next season.

re: tonight, Fergie will defo make some changes but I see no reason in resting Larsson while he's with us, surely he can go through the two months with us and rest when back in Sweden? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never mind him going back, we need to keep him. With no news on Smith and Rossi gone, that would leaves us with just Rooney, Saha and Ole as forwards with first team experience.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha, they are pish banners.

any deadline day news lads? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeh Riquelme was spotted at the Cliff icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goater666:

BBB you couldnt give me that link to the Dunne "we will rule this city" picture you have?

Please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB you may of missed this?

Please? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Any guesses on the attendance tonight?

i'm guessing 71,500. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It will be 75 at least

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6294537.stm

Why do the BBC print the 606 crap

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Consortium pulls out of Reds bid

Dubai International Capital has pulled out of proposed takeover bid for Liverpool.

The announcement follows the failure of the club's board to formally accept DIC's bid in the wake of a second offer from American George Gillett.

More soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>\O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Not just my bias talking, but they're all gash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>agreed, they are all *****.

Archived