The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The announcement follows the failure of the club's board to formally accept DIC's bid in the wake of a second offer from American George Gillett. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this Gillett fella takes over Liverpool, will there be a call for some new stickers?

LOVE UNITED

HATE RAZORS

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United v UEFA XI, Old Trafford

Tuesday 13th March, kick off 8pm

Manchester United will play a select UEFA XI, featuring star players from UEFA’s member associations who have made contributions to the success of the UEFA Champions League. Proceeds from the match will be used for charitable purposes by the Manchester United Foundation, with the emphasis on projects of lasting benefit for the future.

SALES TO SEASON HOLDERS & ONE UNITED MEMBERS:

Season Ticket Holders and One United Members have until 5pm on Monday 5 February to purchase a ticket, either online here or by telephoning the Ticket Order Line on 0870 442 1999, weekdays from 9am to 5pm and Saturday 3 February from 9am to 1pm.

SALES TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC:

It is anticipated that tickets will be available to the general public from 9am on Tuesday 6 February.

Ticket Prices are as follows (subject to availability):

North and South Stands Upper & Lower £25.00

North East / West Quadrants Upper and Lower £25.00

South East Quadrant Upper £25.00

South West Lower (WL0) £25.00

East Lower Block EL132 £25.00

Family Stand £17.00

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone going to this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United v UEFA XI, Old Trafford

Tuesday 13th March, kick off 8pm

*snip </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone going to this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no plans to do so and as far as I'm concerned none of our players should either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Any guesses on the attendance tonight?

i'm guessing 71,500. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why such a ****ing stupid guess? When was the last time we came up 4,500 short a league game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

If we get an early goal there shouldn't be any problems. The good thing this season is the lack of 0-0 draws. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah that's usually the case in these games, it's just if we don't get that early goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Probably Illegal:

Any idea if this is being streamed on some foreign channel so I can watch? I doubt it seeing as it isnt on sky but I thought i'd ask. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match3.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Probably Illegal:

Any idea if this is being streamed on some foreign channel so I can watch? I doubt it seeing as it isnt on sky but I thought i'd ask. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's always Al-Jazeera - just got to hope the landlord puts it on. They get every single Premiership game, so it's a matter of getting to the pub early and marking our territory early at my local boozers.

My train doesn't get me back to Wycombe until 19:15 though icon_frown.gif

it's on here about half way down the page

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Why such a ****ing stupid guess? When was the last time we came up 4,500 short a league game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why such a ****ing stupid post?

Okay, maybe 71,500 is a bit too low but iirc there was over 1,400 tickets for this game on viagogo the other day and I doubt too many of them have sold. I'm thinking Watford will probably take the bigger of the two away sections and only half fill it which will lower the attendance too. Many of United's southern english supporters will probably not want to go to this game because of the time, the day and 'it's only watford'. The club have been trying desperately to flog tickets for this game all week and they're still trying to sell those £50 ones this very minute.

I do hope you're right and my guess was '****ing stupid' because the more people the better atmosphere, can't see it though.

I do hope you're right and my guess was '****ing stupid' because the more people the better atmosphere, can't see it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'll be rubbish either way in fairness.

If Ronaldo & Rooney start I expect us to hit 4. watford don't have Foster in net & they sold Young to Villa.

So a slightly unsettled backline with the new keeper (Lee?) & us going forthe throat should guarantee us some goals.

Setting off now. Martin be at the wall for half 6.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6294537.stm

Why do the BBC print the 606 crap

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Consortium pulls out of Reds bid

Dubai International Capital has pulled out of proposed takeover bid for Liverpool.

The announcement follows the failure of the club's board to formally accept DIC's bid in the wake of a second offer from American George Gillett.

More soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>\O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RedBlood easily pleased.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Why such a ****ing stupid guess? When was the last time we came up 4,500 short a league game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why such a ****ing stupid post?

Okay, maybe 71,500 is a bit too low but iirc there was over 1,400 tickets for this game on viagogo the other day and I doubt too many of them have sold. I'm thinking Watford will probably take the bigger of the two away sections and only half fill it which will lower the attendance too. Many of United's southern english supporters will probably not want to go to this game because of the time, the day and 'it's only watford'. The club have been trying desperately to flog tickets for this game all week and they're still trying to sell those £50 ones this very minute.

I do hope you're right and my guess was '****ing stupid' because the more people the better atmosphere, can't see it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not one league game this season has seen us pack in less than 75,000 people so mid week or not if it drops below its not going to be 3,500 below is it.

I just dont believe the attendance will drop that low. I reckon it will be at least 75,000. Granted 75,000 might not turn up but i imagine sales will be there or there abouts.

Its not on general sale is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is on general sale. WSR's guess is perhaps slightly on the low side but i wouldn't be at all surprised if it dipped below 75k tonight.

that friendly game can f**k off btw, as can tufty's abysmal banners

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Magath has left Bayern. DOn't know if he was sacked or what. I'm assuming that'll have no bearing on a potential last minute Hargreaves deal, however. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well Hitzfeld, who is known to be a good friend with Fergie, is the new manager so a last minute bid would do no harm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vanester:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Magath has left Bayern. DOn't know if he was sacked or what. I'm assuming that'll have no bearing on a potential last minute Hargreaves deal, however. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well Hitzfeld, who is known to be a good friend with Fergie, is the new manager so a last minute bid would do no harm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's also known to be no mug, and there's simply no advantage for them to lose an important player with no hope of replacing him at this late stage.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Manchester United Team v Watford

Tomasz Kuszczak

Gary Neville ©

Rio Ferdinand

Nemanja Vidic

Gabriel Heinze

Cristiano Ronaldo

Michael Carrick

John o'Shea (Please break a leg)

Kieran Richardson (Please break both legs and your back)

Wayne Rooney

Ole Solskjaer

Substitutes:

Edwin Van Der Sar

Mikael Silvestre

Wes Brown

Ji Sung Park

Henrik Larsson

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

What was that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

20 goals in all competitions this year.

Richardson icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Small mercey that Silvestre's only on the bench. No Scholes or Giggs though. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

*only shocks are

Glad to see Heinze playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but i'd rather Evra. Now we have zero attacking threat down the left.

Archived