The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just what we needed, a 4-0 win that was one way traffic from start to finish.

Ronaldo again MoM for me, everything that was good about us seemed to have him at the heart of it.

A well taken penalty, an utterly brilliant flick over the defence to set Rooney in who himself finished fantastically and the 1001 stepovers that had Watford all at sea and Larsson should have scored from.

The defence was untroubled all night with the only pressure coming after we made subs and had a central midfield of Brown and O'Shea with the dire Richardson on the left.

A great move and finish from Larsson as well.

Nev and Carrick were very good and Rooney while still hit and miss was a better than he has been.

MoM: Ronaldo

2nd: Neville

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

...a central midfield of Brown and O'Shea with the dire Richardson on the left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you consider how good his form was earlier in the season, and how much better he is than the guys that are being selected ahead of him in his natural position, if Fletch isn't injured he must have slept with Cathy or something. There's no way we should be playing with a midfield of Wes and JOS...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

...a central midfield of Brown and O'Shea with the dire Richardson on the left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you consider how good his form was earlier in the season, and how much better he is than the guys that are being selected ahead of him in his natural position, if Fletch isn't injured he must have slept with Cathy or something. There's no way we should be playing with a midfield of Wes and JOS... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even if you ignore the level of talent, the balance doesn't look right with Carrick and O'Shea. Yet when he played Fletcher in the middle, it was with Scholes. weird icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Fergie's certainly got an almighty blind spot with fletcher. Because he played him an awful lot when he looked *****, and then this season when he's looked miles better, he's leaving him out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh the irony icon_biggrin.gif

When we didn't want Fletcher Fergie used him non-stop, now when we want him Fergie picks everybody and their mother ahead of him icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

tbh I would have tormented the hornets tonight and I have 1 ankle, am redeveloping my asthma, and probably a bit overweight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it sounded like we were diabolical tonight, completely out of our depth. Not that I expected any less.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Some of us always wanted Fletch icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

Some people have always been too impatient or dismissive with him.

Half-time on the Football First highlights I'm watching, I agree with those praising Carrick earlier, he's looked very involved so far. Decent if not spectacular first half performance.

Ole's loss of pace so noticeable though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Spurs away this weekend, would you put saha back in straight away if not fit?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he's not fit then I'd go with Larsson and Rooney.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Some of us always wanted Fletch icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

Some people have always been too impatient or dismissive with him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, back in those days my problem wasn't really with Fletcher but with Ferguson since he was the one insisting on using Fletcher on the right wing when it was obvious he wasn't up for it.

Now when he seems really improved he sends Wes in ffs icon_rolleyes.gif

I could see why he was put on the right wing, to give him experience while not being in the firing line, and because without Becks, Ronaldo was the only other right-winger before we signed Park and with being 18/19 he couldn't play every game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fred_the_Red:

I remember Fergie saying Fletchers the next big thing when he was only 16 in terms of development in comparson to other 16s years olds across the country. lol how wrong was he. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Given that Fletcher had a serious injury not long after, we'll never know will we?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

love the mocking of the atmosphere by the people who never go.

Maybe if you go it'll be better? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe if everyone could afford it we would?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamonWattsok:

A 30 pass Olé shouting sequence ends when the ref blows for full time.

4-0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo's tantrum during that because he was in space on the left wing and not getting the ball >>>>> *

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fred_the_Red:

Rooney, Ronaldo and IMO Richardson played fantastically. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell the truth, you weren't at the game were you? it's not possible for someone of even your limited intelligence to think Richardson played well, let alone fantastically.

Archived