The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

passing at the end was ridiculous icon_biggrin.gif

we really should have nailed one in, would have been the best move ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like that Scholes goal against Panathinaikos I think? The chip after 30+ passes, so good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

passing at the end was ridiculous icon_biggrin.gif

we really should have nailed one in, would have been the best move ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like that Scholes goal against Panathinaikos I think? The chip after 30+ passes, so good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooooh yes, I'm going to go watch that right now...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/result/#story1

See what this scouse **** wrote in a national paper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nothing more than he always writes. not worth getting worked up about really

amusing today - irish guy was sat behind me and a bit to the left, generally rubbish (not knowing the right words to songs, praising everything o'shea did, saying everything everyone else did was 'muck'), then at half-time he asks the cockney guy behind me for some money to get some soup. cockney guy says he'll get him some when the vendors come around, irish guy starts kicking off saying 'you're ****ing treating me like a mug mate, i only want some soup, if i was sat somewhere else they'd buy me some soup, united look after their own, there's no-one coming around selling soup, just give me some cash'. now this cockney guy is a big fella, about as wide as he is tall and he basically fronts up to this irish guy who absolutely bricks it and starts apologising profusely, while telling those of us who'd turned round to see wtf was going on to f**k off and mind our own.

infinitely more entertaining than the usual half-time fayre tbf

Irritating first half, but some quite brilliant attacking football in the second today. Thought Carrick was awesome throughout, was always there to pick up the pieces when an attack breaks done and 9 times out of 10 picked the correct pass. I also thought Gabby did well seeing as he hasnt had that much first team action, he slotted in like he'd never been away. Rio,Vida & Neville wern't really troubled by a Watford team that got all their team behind the ball but what they had to do they did it well. Now for the suprising think about today, whilst not against any great powers John O'shea actually looked like a football and had a spotless game (cant remember him giving the ball away all that much), although this could have something to do with the fact Watford's midfield were camped on their 18 yard line.Ronaldo was briliant as the game went one , although he started a little rusty. Thought Rooney was getting back to his best towards the end after starting a little slowly, Ole looked a bit off pace which is concerning , although when Henke came on it showed straight away the class of the guy.

No on to Mr Richardson, he must have had the worst first half display I have ever seen from a United player ( and I saw William Prunier icon_frown.gif), I mean seriously how on earth can Fergie justify putting him in before Park & Fletcher , it really does bewilder me.

MoM: Michael Carrick

2nd: Ronaldo

Couldnt make it to 'The Wall' we were late getting there , so we just went straight in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Probably spent his last pennies on the match brief

Did anyone get the new RI either the other day or today? Is it good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but I haven't had chance to read it, Coldberg took it home with him icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Label them icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can barely see me, let alone them two icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I need a HD TV icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Oh and btw, even though people are saying it was 76k, there was NO WAY it was anywhere near that, there were shed loads of seats empty in East stand tier 2, and in both quadrents. It was more like 72k and atmosphere in general was *****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, i meant to say that. the NE quad was only about 2/3rds full and the side of east tier 2 nearest it had loads of empty seats.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

If Ronaldo & Rooney start I expect us to hit 4. watford don't have Foster in net & they sold Young to Villa.

So a slightly unsettled backline with the new keeper (Lee?) & us going forthe throat should guarantee us some goals.

Setting off now. Martin be at the wall for half 6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go me icon14.gif

Can we keep Larsson please? The guy looks 25 never mind 35 or whatever he is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Irritating first half, but some quite brilliant attacking football in the second today. Thought Carrick was awesome throughout, was always there to pick up the pieces when an attack breaks done and 9 times out of 10 picked the correct pass. I also thought Gabby did well seeing as he hasnt had that much first team action, he slotted in like he'd never been away. Rio,Vida & Neville wern't really troubled by a Watford team that got all their team behind the ball but what they had to do they did it well. Now for the suprising think about today, whilst not against any great powers John O'shea actually looked like a football and had a spotless game (cant remember him giving the ball away all that much), although this could have something to do with the fact Watford's midfield were camped on their 18 yard line.Ronaldo was briliant as the game went one , although he started a little rusty. Thought Rooney was getting back to his best towards the end after starting a little slowly, Ole looked a bit off pace which is concerning , although when Henke came on it showed straight away the class of the guy.

No on to Mr Richardson, he must have had the worst first half display I have ever seen from a United player ( and I saw William Prunier icon_frown.gif), I mean seriously how on earth can Fergie justify putting him in before Park & Fletcher , it really does bewilder me.

Couldnt make it to 'The Wall' we were late getting there , so we just went straight in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I know he's a bit chunky, but that's a bit harsh, isn't it? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maverick:

Couldnt make it to 'The Wall' we were late getting there , so we just went straight in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I know he's a bit chunky, but that's a bit harsh, isn't it? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Martin cheered the Richardson goal btw (before he knew it was an OG). Slowly becoming everything he hates.

He even got off slightly early at halftime today so he could 'go for a slash'. He came back smelling of steak bake tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The more severe of the two imo icon_mad.gif, when it went in I just sat there with my head in my hands.

Martin cheered the Richardson goal btw (before he knew it was an OG). Slowly becoming everything he hates.

He even got off slightly early at halftime today so he could 'go for a slash'. He came back smelling of steak bake tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The more severe of the two imo icon_mad.gif, when it went in I just sat there with my head in my hands. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think I heard you booing on the TV actually.

The more severe of the two imo icon_mad.gif, when it went in I just sat there with my head in my hands. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think I heard you booing on the TV actually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif, nah just do that for him & O'shea when their names are read out at the start, during the match I just go the direct route and call them a ****ing disgrace.

The atmosphere is generally always good where you are though Mart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was ok in the North Stand, too. Where I was anyway. Even heard the East Stand once or twice. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

felt awful when I didn't realise it was an OG icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You weren'y alone there. I didn't see a deflection either. Txt'd you, remember ? Also missed the anouncer AND the scoreboard. icon_frown.gif

People are going to think i dislike Wayne Rooney but how the **** has every press muppet got him down as our best player last night?

I thought Ronaldo was nailed on for the suns star man but if someone like Carrick had pipped him then i would have understood if not being quite happy but Rooney?

One great goal and the Larsson play fantastic yeah but he wasnt our best player at all. How quickly the press are back to sucking his ****.

I watched MOTD and the commentater said as they were coming out of the tunnel to start the game that Rooney was back to his best with 3 in his last 2 games.

Although to praise the lad it was some hollywood finish and a nice pass to Henke who i have to say looks a lot bigger threat than Ole for the simple fact he has pace.

And does anyone know what Rooney said to Ronaldo when he hugged him after scoring the fourth? I was half asleep when i saw it but it looked like he said "Flash bastard" or something along those lines.

Before i forget, Richardson was the worst player on our side by far, how many times can he **** up simple things and lose the ball?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

The atmosphere is generally always good where you are though Mart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was ok in the North Stand, too. Where I was anyway. Even heard the East Stand once or twice. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*faints*

They must turn down the volume on the crowd for the English coverage because on the foreign coverage i was watching you could barely hear the commentators above the crowd. It sounded like a good atmosphere.

And yeah i'm really happy Wayne looks like hes finding some form. 10 league goals and 12 overall for him now leaves him level pegging with Saha.

13 league, minimum 1 F.A Cup and 2 European Cup leaves at least 16 games to go so Rooney and Saha should both be looking to hit the 20 goal mark this season.

And Ronaldo too should be looking for 20 goals, loved the penalty last night and what a pass to put Rooney in and the finish from Wayne just so good.

2nd: Ronaldo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

Pretty much exactly what 14ASifb said about the match as well.

And what Taz said about the media (broadcast & print) in relation to Rooney.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They must turn down the volume on the crowd for the English coverage because on the foreign coverage i was watching you could barely hear the commentators above the crowd. It sounded like a good atmosphere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, I was thinking while watching how good the atmosphere sounded and how clear the songs where.

1st time I'd watched a live stream like that...

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They must turn down the volume on the crowd for the English coverage because on the foreign coverage i was watching you could barely hear the commentators above the crowd. It sounded like a good atmosphere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, I was thinking while watching how good the atmosphere sounded and how clear the songs where.

1st time I'd watched a live stream like that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've long thought the same in general. I don't watch streams, but it's something you definitely notice watching highlights on TV after you've been to the game.

Have just been randomly reading pages from around the 7th of August (I was trying to remember how I reacted to my break-up, if you must know) and there's SO MUCH pessimism being thrown around. icon_biggrin.gif

'The Amsterdam Tournament is the only trophy we'll win this season'.

'We'll be out the title race by October with the players we've got out'.

'Ronnie's still going'.

And various others. Strikes me that from our pre-season expectations we've been incredibly lucky and privaledged this season to watch an emerging team do battle at the top of the table. Even if we win **** all, it's been better than almost everyone expected icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

1st time I'd watched a live stream like that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it really that much better? Can't say I've watched a stream before.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> No January regrets for Reds

The January transfer deadline passed without any major incomings for the Reds, but Sir Alex Ferguson says he is comfortable with the squad he has.

There were attempts to bring in Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves and Southampton's Gareth Bale during the mid-season transfer market, but Sir Alex will have to wait until the summer if he is to land the two long-term targets.

However, the United boss remains confident he has the depth of quality needed as the Reds continue to challenge for the Premiership, Champions League and FA Cup.

"We are happy with the squad we have," he said after watching his side defeat Watford 4-0.

"We have a terrific bunch of lads. There is a good spirit among them, so we will just get on with it."

United did, of course, strengthen in attacking areas with the loan signing of Henrik Larsson from Swedish club Helsingborg.

The 35-year-old has now scored two in four games since arriving at the start of January, and has significantly enhanced Sir Alex's striking options at a crucial time of the year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Saha back for Sunday

United striker Louis Saha could be called upon for Sunday’s crucial visit to White Hart Lane after overcoming a knee injury.

The 28-year-old forward has been in and out of action in recent weeks, but missed the 2-1 FA Cup win over Portsmouth and the 4-0 Premiership victory against Watford with a minor knock.

However, United’s second-top goalscorer this season should be back in action against Spurs in the first of seven vital away matches before the end of the season.

“We should have Louis back for the match against Tottenham,†Sir Alex told MUTV.

“He started full training wityh us on Wednesday so he should be ready for Sunday.â€

After Spurs, United face Fulham, Liverpool, Portsmouth, Chelsea, Everton and Manchester City away from home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** thats a tough looking list of away games.

ok a scenario: we fall away with some less than inspiring away displays and end the season with heartbreak as chelsea pip us to the title.

fergie out? and who in? please explain your answers as well, if you can be bothered..

ok a scenario: we fall away with some less than inspiring away displays and end the season with heartbreak as chelsea pip us to the title.

fergie out? and who in? please explain your answers as well, if you can be bothered..

Fergie still in. I am at the moment warming to the fact that he looks to be our best bet of retaining Ronaldo on a semi-long-term basis. Unless the heartache of throwing away the title causes his death or something. In which case, Hiddink kthx.

A HUGE **** off to Carlos / Sven.

fergie in ta.

the rate of improvement in this side should have at least renewed some faith in his ability to build one last great side before he goes. people keep raving about arsenal not being afr away in terms of their future and its promise - but we're a hell of a lot closer with an equally bright future given the age of the side.

There's no need for knee-jerk reactions, the fact that we have been top for ages makes no difference to me, my ambitions are still set at the same level as in the summer. I guess the expectations of some people will inevitably rise given how we have done so far, and that's fair enough, but we're made a step forward from last year and that's the main thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Penny drops.

Hard to see why anyone would want Fergie to leave in my opinion - Chelsea have a great (if heavily unbalanced) squad, and a great manager, and you have comfortably out-peformed them all season - whatever happens in the next few months you have been a consistent pleasure to watch.

Once the Glazer's splash out on Huntelaar and Ribery** it's basically a perfect team.

** Sorry forgot it was the Glazer's, Darren Bent for £14 million and 7 year contract exstension for our Kieran.

Archived