The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

**** thats a tough looking list of away games.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Penny drops. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** off mika. i was well aware of our tough run in long ago, no need to add a dose of smug twat with your suicidal pessimism.

we got 13 points from 21 last season from those games, i see no reason why we as an improved unit cannot get 16 (match every result and beat city). that would mean a good run of home games would win us the league. im not saying it will happen but its possible. very possible.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great second half performance last night, the first however was very dull and the atmosphere was the same. The second half was excellent, the move for Larsson's goal was top notch. I have to say Watford were very very poor and there support wasn't much better, with the usual songs "smalltime" teams sing. The second half atmosphere was much much, much better maybe because there was three goals scored towards the stretford end. As for the attendance I think I was a couple of thousand too low but there was no where near 76,000 on, the NE quad looked only half full and there was lots of empty seats in south stand tier 2. Bring on spurs!

MOM: Carrick

2nd: Ronaldo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

has anyone seen this video on youtube? taking the **** out of the season ticket feeling website... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gonna love it if we win the league & they come on the pitch icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

has anyone seen this video on youtube? taking the **** out of the season ticket feeling website... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gonna love it if we win the league & they come on the pitch icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of the numpties would clap, the hardcore would boo I guess.

Reserves 0-0 Half Time.

Brown, Silvestre and Fletch looking different class. Dong showing a nice turn of pace and Smith involved in a few meaty challenges.

Eagles just so lethargic and looking a bit crap. I remember when he came on against Leeds and was great, i really thought he had as good a shot aas anyone at making it here but hes gone way off the boil since.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Reserves 0-0 Half Time.

Brown, Silvestre and Fletch looking different class. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a reason for that tbf. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Just put the reserve game on 2 mins ago.

Smith, The Dong, Fletch, Silvestre and Wesley all playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So much for the theory that Fletch was injured.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Wasn't a theory to be fair, more hope icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you didn't do the "h" word?

I've found out the true reason why Fletch played tonight, it was his birthday. icon_biggrin.gif

Some Fletcher trivia to celebrate:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fletcher's favourites

From his favourite film to the most interesting place he's visited, the United midfielder reveals all...

TV programme: Prison Break

Film: Shawshank Redemption

Last film you watched: Hustle 4

Computer game: Pro Evo

Actor: Tom Hanks, because he always puts in a classic performance

Comedian: Lee Evans

Musician: Notorious B.I.G

Food: Haggis and potatoes

Drink: Orange Lucozade

Pizza topping: Plain cheese

Non-footballing sporting hero: Muhammed Ali

Pre-match meal: Chicken and spaghetti with ketchup on top.

Footballing hero: Fernando Redondo

What would you be if you weren’t a footballer: PE teacher

Last time you cried: Scottish people don’t cry

If you could have any superpower, what would it be: To be able to fly

Most interesting place visited: Hong Kong

Holiday destination: New York </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Last time you cried: Scottish people don’t cry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

then how come you permanently look like you are about to burst into a flood of tears then, darren?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Last time you cried: Scottish people don’t cry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

then how come you permanently look like you are about to burst into a flood of tears then, darren? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something lost in translation probably, didn't mean don't cry, meant can't cry, and that expression on his face is just the welling up of tears in his face.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Richardson earns U21 call

Kieran Richardson has been called up to the England Under-21 squad for part-time boss Stuart Pearce's first game in charge.

Manchester City manager Pearce assumes temporary control for the friendly match against Spain at Derby’s Pride Park stadium on Tuesday 6 February.

The match is part of the squad's preparations for the U21 European Championships this summer.

Richardson played in United’s recent 4-0 win over Watford and remains an important squad member at Old Trafford despite making only 11 appearances for the Reds this term.

The 22-year-old midfielder has dipped in and out of the full international squad since scoring twice on his England debut against USA in summer 2005.

England U21 squad: Alnwick (Spurs), Carson (Charlton), Hart (Tranmere - loan); Baines (Wigan), Cahill (Villa), Davies (West Brom), Hoyte (Arsenal), Rosenior (Fulham), Taylor (Boro), Taylor (Newcastle); Bentley (Blackburn), Cattermole (Middlesbrough), Huddlestone (Spurs), Milner (Newcastle), Reo-Coker (West Ham), Richardson (United), Routledge (Fulham - loan); Agbonlahor (Villa), Derbyshire (Blackburn), Lita (Reading), Nugent (Preston), Walcott (Arsenal), Young (Villa). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

what to role out of bed and turn on sky?icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah I can watch Sky from my bed to be fair. icon_biggrin.gif

It's the logging online to get you team news /o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United v LOSC Lille, Wednesday 7 March, kick off 7:45pm

SALES TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC:

The General Public will be able to purchase a seat on a best available basis online here or by telephoning the Ticket Order Line on 0870 442 1999 from 9am on Thursday 1 February

Members...Non-Members

North / South Stands Upper centre....£44.00....£49.00

North / South Stands Upper Wings....£42.00....£47.00

North / South Stands Lower / North Tier 2....£40.00....£45.00

North East / West Quadrants Tier 2....£40.00....£45.00

North East / West Quadrants Upper and Lower....£36.00....£41.00

East / West Stand Upper and E/W Tier 2....£35.00....£40.00

Family Stand....£34.00....£39.00

North Stand 3rd Tier....£32.00....£37.00

East and West Lower....£28.00....£33.00

Season Ticket Holders and One United Members can gain their usual discount by quoting their membership number, this discount is not available on online bookings and a half price facility is available to under 16s and over 65s in all areas of the stadium. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I have to stumble out of bed at 9 for YOU to tell me richardsons playing in midfield

Nice one icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You knew it was coming when I sent a text saying "brace yourself" to Mart before I actually sent the team. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Richardson earns U21 call

Kieran Richardson has been called up to the England Under-21 squad for part-time boss Stuart Pearce's first game in charge.

Manchester City manager Pearce assumes temporary control for the friendly match against Spain at Derby’s Pride Park stadium on Tuesday 6 February.

The match is part of the squad's preparations for the U21 European Championships this summer.

Richardson played in United’s recent 4-0 win over Watford and remains an important squad member at Old Trafford despite making only 11 appearances for the Reds this term.

The 22-year-old midfielder has dipped in and out of the full international squad since scoring twice on his England debut against USA in summer 2005.

England U21 squad: Alnwick (Spurs), Carson (Charlton), Hart (Tranmere - loan); Baines (Wigan), Cahill (Villa), Davies (West Brom), Hoyte (Arsenal), Rosenior (Fulham), Taylor (Boro), Taylor (Newcastle); Bentley (Blackburn), Cattermole (Middlesbrough), Huddlestone (Spurs), Milner (Newcastle), Reo-Coker (West Ham), Richardson (United), Routledge (Fulham - loan); Agbonlahor (Villa), Derbyshire (Blackburn), Lita (Reading), Nugent (Preston), Walcott (Arsenal), Young (Villa). </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How on earth did he earn a call up for the under 21's!?

He must be the worst player I have seen this season at OT.

Archived