The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Liverpool are not winning the league ffs icon_biggrin.gif You are all depressing ****s sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi. Go careful when you swing that damn word around, ffs. Just missed me, then. icon_frown.gif

Well yeah if we go 4-5-1 and do an Arsenal I'll rage, but we'll cross that bridge when and if we come to it.

It's definitely winnable, but then Chelsea will have said the same before losing there this season so anything could happen. Like you say I just hope we don't mess around.

Would be a good game to win this, psychologically, as I feel it's one of the real tough games left and it would be one more chalked off the list. If we do drop points though, it's where those dropped points at Arsenal/Newcastle come back to haunt us as we'll have Chelsea breathing right down our necks again, when we really should be further clear.

Yea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tottenham's Ledley King has been ruled out for up to eight more weeks so he misses out along with the ill Teemu Tainio and the suspended Mido.

Aaron Lennon has recovered from illness and Dimitar Berbatov and Jermaine Jenas have shrugged off injuries.

Louis Saha is pushing for a return to the Manchester United starting line-up after recovering from a knee injury.

He missed the win against Watford but will replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer up front alongside Wayne Rooney. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

say Beeb

and for the first time in a long time I'll watch a full game with Jenas in... some 'crazy' Spurs fans dont think he's that bad anymore. I struggle to believe it.

We shall see.

although on a related note, does anyone else notice when watching United games that you sometimes come out of it not having a clue how well or badly the opposition players played individually (aside from the obviously brilliant and sh*te performances) ... I just get so engrossed watching our players' passing, positioning, movement, etc that the other side sort of blend into the background :/ hard to explain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

although on a related note, does anyone else notice when watching United games that you sometimes come out of it not having a clue how well or badly the opposition players played individually (aside from the obviously brilliant and sh*te performances) ... I just get so engrossed watching our players' passing, positioning, movement, etc that the other side sort of blend into the background :/ hard to explain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I'm the same, I don't think about which player of the opposition has done something, it's just that one of them has.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enigma:

Berbatov should play with Defoe, which is good, I like that partnership. Is Larsson being used as a super sub for you?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He started his first 3/4 games but was a sub on Wednesday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

hmm I'm not sure re: Saha or Larsson.

I wouldn't be displeased by either starting tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nor me, though to be honest I'd prefer Larsson on the basis that I want to see him play as much as possible before he goes back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

what belief, there's only me that thinks we'll win it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Scatter/gonch ofc.

yeah there's been a general rising trend of "we're gonna do it" though - I guess understandable as the season has progressed with us staying top

but another dropping of points tomorrow, being just 3 pts ahead of Chelsea, having much tougher games to play, Chelsea inevitably returning to better form ... I think we should consider a dose of reality.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Henrik for me, as Saha can be eased back in from the bench, no need to throw him straight back in. But it's one of those nice ones where i don't feel there's a wrong decision, i'd be happy to see either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Archived