The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

And that's another thing, less with the Saha hate on this page.

He's awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not Saha hate, it's The Bellion love icon_cool.gif

It's be interesting to see if Jose could (or would) be willing to change his style at United...

It's all a bit outlandish to say the least, but we know that SAF isn't going to be allowed a elongated goodbye this time so it'll be sudden. Depending on what happens during the rest of the season it's possible he'll decide to go out on top (hopefully) and call it quits in the summer.

If that did happen and it Jose also happened to be in the process of parting company with Chelsea there's good reason to assume there would be mutual interest.

Still, about 1 in 100 chance of all that happening.

I guess he's just a manager who would rather win 1-0 than 5-4, which isn't what we like particularly.

The one thing I worry about when Fergie goes is that our approach to buying players might change. It's funny that given my dislike for the English national team, I do like how Fergie has kept an English core to the team, and I think that helps us somehow, I'm not sure why but I think it's a good thing having a British core, while obviously buying foreign players when they fit into what SAF wants.

It would be a shame if we got an Italian manager for instance who just signed a load of his countrymen who didn't know the league, I think it would hurt us.

Not saying that I want us to do a Spurs and buy any English player that breathes, but I'd like us to keep the balance that we have now.

Lads, it's COMMON KNOWLEDGE that Carlos is the sole reason for any negativity on our part. Boring, dull tactics, that's what he's always been known for*.

(*Except in 02-03, when he was a tactical genius, and 03-04, where his absence cost us the title. Or something.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo, 22, said: 'For the moment, I'm only thinking about training well every day. I don't know where I will be in the space of the next six months.

'The only thing I am sure about is I want to continue at the level I've reached and aim to improve even more.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

Liverpool's new crest </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have already posted it in ri and their thread. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was cringeworthy when it was done to us, and it's just cringeworthy doing it to the scouse.

the only thing that possibly lessens the cringe factor is that it seems most scouse are positively giddy at the takeover in stark contrast to the reaction to ours.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Entirely coincidentally, Mourinho and Chelsea inevitably part company after civil war turns into the new Cold War when Roman Abramovich brings down an iron curtain between boardroom and dug-out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

holy christ I don't think I've ever read worse journalism

The legend of Fergie has with no doubt been dulled over the last couple of seasons as his decisions have became sporadically brilliant and bizarre. However if he were to win the title this year with players such as Evra, Vidic, Ronaldo etc all contributing hugely it will be proof that he has managed to (finally, took about 3 seasons) build one last title winning team. If he retired having won the premiership with arguably four different sides the legend would probably be complete and it would be in everyones best interests if he left (as long as we don't sign Sven as a replacement).

Only problem with Mourinho is that I'd prefer to see him lose his sometimes negative outlook but I hope with the team he would inherit he could bring himself to do that. On the grounds that he's a **** doesn't matter as if he came here he would be as BBB said, our ****. Probably won't happen though, Fergie will most probably proclaim that he feels about 20 again and wants to have victory in europe once more and stay with us for another 5 years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Chelsea Man Utd</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Middlesbrough (H) Saturday 10th Feb - KO 3pm Charlton (H) Saturday 10th Feb - KO 3pm -6

Fulham (A) Saturday 24th Feb - KO 12:45pm -9

Liverpool (A) Saturday 3rd Mar - KO 12:45pm -12

Portsmouth (A) Saturday 3rd Mar - KO 5:15pm -9

Man City (A) Wednesday 14th Mar - KO 7:45pm -6

Bolton (H) Saturday 17th Mar - KO 12:45pm -9

Sheffield Utd (H) Saturday 17th Mar - KO 3pm -6

Blackburn (H) Saturday 31st Mar - KO 3pm -9

Watford (A) Saturday 31st Mar - KO 5:15pm -6

Tottenham (H) Saturday 7th Apr - KO 12:45pm -3

Portsmouth (A) Saturday 7th Apr - KO 5:15pm -6

West Ham (A) Monday 9th Apr - KO 3pm -3

Sheffield Utd (H) Tuesday 10th Apr - KO 8pm -6

Man Utd (H) Sunday 15th Apr - KO 1:30pm Chelsea (A) Sunday 15th Apr - KO 1:30pm -6

Newcastle (A) Saturday 21st Apr - KO 3pm Middlesbrough (H) Saturday 21st Apr - 3pm -6

Everton (A) Saturday 28th Apr - KO 12pm -9

Bolton (H) Saturday 28th Apr - KO 3pm -6

Arsenal (A) Saturday 5th May - KO 3pm Man City (A) Saturday 5th May - KO 3pm -6

Everton (H) Sunday 13th May - KO 3pm West Ham (H) Sunday 13th May - KO 3pm -6</pre>

The figure at the end is how many points we are potentially behind Utd if both teams take full points from fixtures, and draw in the head to head. Now obviously it's not intentional but that is ridiculously in Man Utd's favour. We only get the opportunity to put pressure on by closing the gap in an early kick off twice whereas they have the chance 6 times! one of these being a chance to open the gap up to a massive 12 points.

I took the times from the club websites but I think they may be subject to change as I can't see the Arsenal or the Bolton game being a 3pm kick off but we'll see. Grim reading if that's the case though icon_frown.gif

Just posted that in the Chelsea thread but thought it might be of interest to your lot as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well you've played before us loads of late so i think its only fair.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

If he retired having won the premiership with arguably four different sides the legend would probably be complete and it would be in everyones best interests if he left (as long as we don't sign Sven as a replacement).

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see it as completely the opposite, if he takes the title again then it is proof that is still the best man for the job and should stay. Needs to sort the European tactics out though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> May: Vidic better than Terry

Nemanja Vidic has become a better defender than England and Chelsea captain John Terry, according to former United centre back David May.

The Serbian has been a revelation this season with his no-nonsense tackling and knack for powering home headers from set-pieces, and May is among his biggest fans.

"As an all-round player I think Vidic is better than Terry," May told MUTV. "Nemanja is faster and I think now if he was out of United's side than he'd leave a similar hole, if not bigger.

"If it were not for the fabulous form of Ronaldo and Paul Scholes this season then I think Nemanja Vidic would be United's player of the year."

Vida powered home his fourth goal of the season in last Sunday's thumping win at Tottenham, and May expects plenty more goals from the towering Serbian.

"Nemanja has had some bad luck in front of goal with efforts hitting the post, bar, being hacked off the line," said May. "He could be in double figures by now, he has been knocking on the door so many times.

"He is certainly capable of getting double figures regularly for United in seasons to come."

May, like many others, sees stylistic similarities between Vidic and former United captain Steve Bruce, himself famed for being a fearless header of the ball in either penalty area.

"Like Brucey he is not afraid to put his head in where it hurts," he said. "He's very aggressive attacking balls in the air, as well as on the ground.

"He's got a fantastic leap on him and a determination to get his head on to something no matter what's happening around him. He is focused solely on going for that ball.

"In terms of bravery he is top of the list for me. As a defender it is great for United because that kind of player is a bit of a throwback and strikers don't fancy going up against such courage.

"In attacking terms defenders aren't that used to his kind in the box these days. Even they might have a few second thoughts when Vidic is around and a ball is coming into the box. I think some are scared of him possibly.

"United haven't had that kind of threat for years since Brucey left. There have been some good defenders like Jaap Stam and Rio Ferdinand but they didn't provide that danger at set-pieces in the opposition penalty area." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

The new offerings from SEF dont seem to have improved much, the last one is ok but that 3rd one is so City-esque imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can only see a 'Manchester is Red' one :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

christ. west ham as our last game. dunno if i could take that again :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at home this time at least. added possible bonus of relegating the c**ts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

The new offerings from SEF dont seem to have improved much, the last one is ok but that 3rd one is so City-esque imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can only see a 'Manchester is Red' one :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

christ. west ham as our last game. dunno if i could take that again :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at home this time at least. added possible bonus of relegating the c**ts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oooohhhh i could live with that icon14.gif

pity they'll be down already by then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Why on earth would Mourinho change his style just because he joined us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the squad he'd inherit?

he's arrogant, but not stupid?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Why on earth would Mourinho change his style just because he joined us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the squad he'd inherit?

he's arrogant, but not stupid? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he only needs one signing in a true defensive midfielder to play the way he's always played.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> hi im john and i live in the party capital of the uk, otherwise known as manchester! i work in an office, enjoy it very much, my career is important to me. i have been bullied in the workplace, but came through it stronger and its made me the man i am today. i love animals, in particular dogs. dont have any as pets, but i love stroking ones that i come across in the street. im very shy and that sometimes can make come across as a bit boring, but ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you i have a mad and crazy personality once you get to know me!! this is me, take it or leave it! please get in touch or leave a comment if youd like to get to know me better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived