The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we might need a new feeder club lads, not really anyone very good there any more. i mean... tore andre flo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least your bigger then Chelsea then as they are after a few of our youth players icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

So from that you have to then look at the fact that we would only be allowed 3 Non English players and 2 Assimilated players - Players who'd come through the English system or were naturalised "Englishmen" Giggs and Irwin Would fall under this rule.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yorke would have counted as an assimilated player wouldn't he? I'm assuming he came the youth setup at Villa? Would give a few more options if so.

So under the old rules our first team would look like:

van der Sar (F)

Neville

Evra/Heinze (F)

Ferdinand

Vidic (F)

Ronaldo (F)

Carrick

Scholes

Giggs (A)

Rooney

Larsson/Saha (F)

Our only saving grace is that O'Shea can still be involved as an assimilated player icon_biggrin.gif

If we had a Champions League away match in Turkey tonight, who would you pick and why using the 3+2 rule?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Ole would count as assimilated wouldn't he?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is something that somebody might be able to clear up - I distinctly remember something about an assimilated player had to play 5 years in the country of their team. Also there is the bit about 3 years in the youth setup of a team from their teams country. I don't know though whether you need to comply with both these rules or just one of them icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamonWattsok:

I'd assume if the rules came into play, we wouldn't give Foster away on loan, so i'd put him in goal icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, you're allowed any player that we own icon14.gif

I think I would use Foster too... but gonna have to think about it a bit more!

Foster

Neville

Evra (f)

Rio

Wes

Ronaldo (f)

Carrick

Scholes

Giggs (a)

Rooney

Larsson (f)

Jeez this is difficult! I don't think you can leave out Ronaldo or Evra for form reasons. I think you would have to play Larsson in Europe. Wes is a decent backup and a better option than O'Shea instead of a left back. Foster would be a gamble but hey the guy's played for England icon_cool.gif Also Fletch would get on my bench as an (a)

Another paper this morning with a story on how Ronaldo has ruled out a summer move to Real Madrid.

It seems to be the sun who are reporting thats hes leaving and all the other papers reporting that hes staying. The BBC came around to the Ronaldo love so why are the sun still adamant on getting the worlds most in form player out of the country and into another league?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X-Pac:

Aww you still remember me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly? No...

I’ve a slight recollection of you being a twatbasket but that’s as much to do with your re-entry yesterday. I wouldn't have been able to remember who you support of anything you've ever posted on OTF. You’re not exactly high on the list of memorable morons dude.

Do you think I'm meant to remember every idiot that attempts to cross my path?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Okay I'm going to apologise right now for my drunken outbursts. Very unseemly & mongish if I'm to be quite hopnest. It'll never happen again if I can help it. THis is what happens if you go to a gig in Notts... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Drunk - that's such a strong word. Kind of a guttural Anglo-Saxon word. 'Drunk.'"

I quite like drunken Jimlad tbf. Good use of exclaimation marks icon14.gif

The Times are also pursuing the 'Ronaldo will go' line btw, painting Quieroz's comments as 'a desperate plea to persuade the want-away midfielder to stay'.

Still think they're right as well :/

ive got such a hard on for tuesday, cant ****ing wait. anyone else from here going?

oh and re: ronaldo, that sun story yesterday such rubbish.

'IM OFF' says ronaldo

followed by a piece quoting hugo ****ing viana. worst thing is there are probably idiots on red cafe and the like outraged that ronaldo would say such a thing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

have you got your ticket from mark? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not yet, should get them on the day. you going? what of the folks?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

You’d think Murdoch (with his Sky hat on) would be desperate to see a player of Ronaldo’s quality in the Premiership. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The stories will sell papers. They'll have little or no effect on whether or not he actually goes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

not yet, should get them on the day. you going? what of the folks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But mark is getting it for you?

The folks are going, but I'm not. You originally post that you're going a couple of hours after I gave my ticket to Mark to use...though you might have got it.

I got a letter this morning from United this morning.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I am delighted to confirm that Season Ticket Holders and One United Members can now link accounts on the Manchester United Ticket Exchange.

This will enable families and groups of seaseon ticket holders to list their seats together, and families and groups of members to purchase seats together.

For further information please visit www.manutd.viagogo.com/ManUtd or telephone the Ticket Enquiries line on 0870 442 1994.

Yours sincerely

Steven Hall

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone else get this? Viagogo is a load of **** isn't it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Playing for England against Spain was a very proud moment for me. I’ve been a United player for 18 or 20 months now and yet I made my Old Trafford debut for England. It was a little strange but it’s not something I’d change!

I spent four years at Stoke City as third choice goalkeeper - sometimes even fourth choice - so you can easily get into the mindset of thinking, ‘If Stoke can’t see anything in me, why would anybody else?’.

When United came in for me it was an absolute shock, to be honest. They showed a lot of faith in me and paid quite a lot of money for somebody who’d never even played for Stoke. Now I’ve just played for my country. It’s the kind of thing dreams are made of.

I was a bit anxious going into the match because it was the biggest game I’ve played in my career so far.

The hardest part was in the hotel on the day of the game. We had four or five hours to just rest and that’s when I got nervous. I had a lot of time to think and sometimes in those situations your mind starts to run away and you think of crazy things that could happen. But as soon as we got to the stadium and we were warming up, my natural instincts took over and it was business as usual. At the end of the day, it’s just another football match.

If I hadn’t gone out on loan to Watford this season and last season I wouldn’t be in the position I’m in today. I owe a lot to United for loaning me out and also to Watford for giving me the chance to play games.

Paul Robinson is still Steve McClaren’s first-choice for England and I’m okay with that. He hasn’t done anything to warrant being dropped so I can only do what I do, keep going out every Saturday and doing as well as I can for Watford. If the England manager calls me up, that’s brilliant. If not, I’ll just keep going.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

not yet, should get them on the day. you going? what of the folks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But mark is getting it for you?

The folks are going, but I'm not. You originally post that you're going a couple of hours after I gave my ticket to Mark to use...though you might have got it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh right yeh. maybe. cant wait. why arent you going

Archived