The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

See, this thread's well boring without Ruud related mongery.

Let's have a sweepstake - who will finish as United's top goalscorer in all competitions at the end of the season, and how many goals will he have?

I'm backing King Louis to get 22, overtaking a clearly Barca-bound Ronaldo icon14.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

See, this thread's well boring without Ruud related mongery.

Let's have a sweepstake - who will finish as United's top goalscorer in all competitions at the end of the season, and how many goals will he have?

I'm backing King Louis to get 22, overtaking a clearly Barca-bound Ronaldo icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo with 23 for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

At least your bigger then Chelsea then as they are after a few of our youth players icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

goes without saying icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

i'm glad the lille game is on tuesday cos fc's top of the table clash with curzon ashton was postponed and put on for wednesday. makes quite an interesting midweek icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was looking forward to that game until it got postponed icon_frown.gif

TO CLARIFY:

i do quite fancy rooney to end up as our top goalscorer this season, im hoping he could weigh in with some important goals in big games in particular.

i dont fancy his pudgey face, whatsoever. though if he scores winning goals at anfield, stamford bridge, the council house and in the champions league final i probably would bend over and take his length

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

TO CLARIFY:

i do quite fancy rooney to end up as our top goalscorer this season, im hoping he could weigh in with some important goals in big games in particular.

i dont fancy his pudgey face, whatsoever. though if he scores winning goals at anfield, stamford bridge, the council house and in the champions league final i probably would bend over and take his length </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif make sure you have a vacuum cleaner handy so he can get some sleep after.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

He was also in my favourite Nike/football ad of all time.

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scholes and Ruud on a team with Vieira, no wonder they lost first.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Cantona is just so fb in all those nike adds.

"Who's on fire, Henrys on fire" icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Henry's hair icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Scholes and Ruud on a team with Vieira, no wonder they lost first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>the only commercial Scholes ever has and is likely to feature in?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Didnt play say in a recent interview that hated talking about himself and hated being talked about?

Scholes is just a legend in every way. In my eyes he is the best of the class of 92. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you including giggs in that? because if not its pretty much a no brainer

Gonch just spot on about EVERYTHING at the moment icon_cool.gif

rgifb. The sheer number of highs he's given us over such a long period of time is just unbelievable. And it's a testament to his ability that as he lost the raw pace that so charecterised him, he's adapted his game and still remained a potent attacking threat for us. Yes, we all know he can and has gone off the boil quite spectacularly, but there's very few United players, or players in the world, that I'd rather watch in full flight.

There's an amazing 10 minute compilation of him on youtube somewhere which I'll dig out when I get home.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Scholes and Ruud on a team with Vieira, no wonder they lost first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>the only commercial Scholes ever has and is likely to feature in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's been in a couple of Nike ads

Archived