The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

Replay three days before your visit to the Murderers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>depends on the TV companys if we play the tuesday or the wednesday

Hopefully the Tuesday mon sky picking it up and not Beeb

I'm gonna lay some truth out for you all

1. Never, ever, ever bet on United in cup games.

2. Sahahahahaha is way out of form, taking his place alongside Rooney and our geriatric contingent. What a pity we no longer have a 20+ goals a season striker, eh Gonchy?

that is all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

I'm gonna lay some truth out for you all

1. Never, ever, ever bet on United in cup games.

2. Sahahahahaha is way out of form, taking his place alongside Rooney and our geriatric contingent. What a pity we no longer have a 20+ goals a season striker, eh Gonchy?

that is all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

saha was probably our best player today, but yeh should have passed, bad decision.

p.s. ive never said he's better than ruud

p.p.s he is out of form but his all round game this season has generally been excellent (bar the last month or two)

p.p.p.s we are still in the cup

p.p.p.p.s there really isnt a need to panic

that is all

Yeah what exactly does Ferguson see in Kooshack? Looked like he lost the ball 3 or 4 times in the game tonight.

Erm Carrick was decent as was Park. Ronaldo got booted a lot in the first half but looked a little off the pace. Sulked lots too icon_mad.gif

Saha I just don't understand. The guy is left footed. So why oh wh yafter skinning two defenders at the end did he not switch the angle to favour his left foot as he was running in? Instead he hits it with his right & it goes wide.

Oh & one final point. Seeing Ole with literally no pace at all makes me sad icon_frown.gif He was played in some point in the second half & after about 5 yards he stopped turned inside & passed it as the defender had already got back to defend. Was like watching Blanc trying to break into a sprint all over again icon_frown.gif

Got a little favour to ask lads.....

Can we please please please have Jonny Evans on loan for next season and to give him more experience (I'm never confident about Sunderland, but I reckon it'll be in the Premiership).

Go on, pretty please - this guy is going to be class, shame he isn't English.

Simpson's settling in well too btw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wilbie:

i take it larrsson will be starting at lille then? would rather saha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would rather saha?! i'd rather have bellion upfront atm than saha. complete waste of space

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

saha was probably our best player today </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

most laughable comment i've ever seen in this thread. he was complete and utter gash, almost achieved the impossible and played worse than last week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wilbie:

i take it larrsson will be starting at lille then? would rather saha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would rather saha?! i'd rather have bellion upfront atm than saha. complete waste of space </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best bit of business our former chairman done getting £2m+ for that waste of space, I know Saha isn't the quality you require, but the bloke isn't on the same level as Daveeed.

Saw Razor Eddie and Mart at the wall, didn't know who the third chap was though. Was going to come over but my mates wanted to move on quickly, but meh.

Tried to text you Mart, but your numbers probably changed since you gave it to me, was a while ago.

Got to say, it was like a cemetary at OT today, hearing the reading fans singing over us was just embarrasing icon_frown.gif.

Ronaldo was alright in patches, Vidic was pretty immense in a wasn't-really-that-tested way (although got sloppy like the other defenders did late on), Fletch played some excellent passes.... no-one else really worthy of mention tbh. i'm sure Fergie will get the usual flak for fielding a weakened team, but simple fact is the side he picked created more than enough chances to win that game and the old man can't get on the pitch and finish those off himself.

annoyed we have to go to a replay but football works in funny ways, might not be in the end of the world. fwiw i'd pick a similar team again at the madejski anyway, important game either side of it. if another game is what it takes to get lazy louis back into something like his early season form then it might be beneficial.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Albie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

would rather saha?! i'd rather have bellion upfront atm than saha. complete waste of space </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best bit of business our former chairman done getting £2m+ for that waste of space, I know Saha isn't the quality you require, but the bloke isn't on the same level as Daveeed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£3m wasn't it? icon_frown.gif

wouldn't be surprised if we let you keep Evans for another season if you get promoted btw - he'll be playing in the Prem one way or another next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamonWattsok:

Saw Razor Eddie and Mart at the wall, didn't know who the third chap was though. Was going to come over but my mates wanted to move on quickly, but meh.

Tried to text you Mart, but your numbers probably changed since you gave it to me, was a while ago.

Got to say, it was like a cemetary at OT today, hearing the reading fans singing over us was just embarrasing icon_frown.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

probably Mart's dad, or maybe Jonny.

atmosphere was awful (f**k off with that 'stand up and support your team' b*llocks) yeah, although i didn't think much of the Reading fans either

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Albie:

Best bit of business our former chairman done getting £2m+ for that waste of space, I know Saha isn't the quality you require, but the bloke isn't on the same level as Daveeed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£3m wasn't it? icon_frown.gif

wouldn't be surprised if we let you keep Evans for another season if you get promoted btw - he'll be playing in the Prem one way or another next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£2m plus bonus' rising to £3m on games and stuff - don't think we'll have gotten much more :-/

The craic is you only coughed up that amount rather than going to a tribunal as almost from the time he arrived here you lot were paying his phone bill and for his car and that Man Utd was always his destination - could be crap, but Murray did hint he had some sort of evidence and you paid well over the top to avoid a tribunal.

Suprisingly before he went AWOL around the Christmas time Arsenal and Liverpool also bid for him - his agent must have gave them a video of three runs against your defence in 01/02, his solitary goal for us against Villa and some highlights from the tournament on the Isle of Wight where he was player of the tournament among Under 21 sides from Celtic, Man Utd, Barca, Benfica and Spurs, where the Barca coach described him as being brilliant icon_biggrin.gif He was ****, even for us.

Very good player Evans - old head on young shoulders, he spots danger, rather than reacts to it. He's currently making Nyron Noseworthy (an athlete, not a footballer - no touch, no control etc) look like a demon of a centre half.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamonWattsok:

oh, was Ole's goal offside? I was pretty much alongside it, but as it went to Ole, I was suprised and couldn't really tell.

and how far wide was Ronaldo's one and one? Looked poor from where I was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No ole was onside, there wasnt even a question of him being off.

And Ronaldos shot was actually a fantastic save by their keeper to tip it just wide.

oh, was Ole's goal offside? I was pretty much alongside it, but as it went to Ole, I was suprised and couldn't really tell.

and how far wide was Ronaldo's one and one? Looked poor from where I was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was only inches wide but he had the keeper on his arse and only needed to smack it over him. awful miss really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

'stand up and support your team' gets sung/chanted about 10 times a game now and I still don't understand it. People stand and clap for about 20 seconds and then sit down again and be silent - some support that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly. sad thing is that half the morons who join in with that don't sing another word all game. if the effort going into that dire chant was put into singing decent songs we'd have a half-decent atmosphere.

random musings: four away games in a row now covering all three competitions - lille, fulham, reading, liverpool - basically season defining? strongest available XI for lille, fulham and liverpool please, minimal tinkering.

also, Vida picked up his 8th domestic booking of the season. two more before the second weekend of april (and i think it's safe to say he'll manage that) and he'll pick up a two game ban - yes, that's right, at some point before the end of the season we're likely to have Mickey at centre-back for two consecutive games. nightmare /O\*

*well, ok, it'll probably be Wes

*well, ok, it'll probably be Wes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We all know it'll be Silvestre though. icon_frown.gif

also, Vida picked up his 8th domestic booking of the season. two more before the second weekend of april (and i think it's safe to say he'll manage that) and he'll pick up a two game ban - yes, that's right, at some point before the end of the season we're likely to have Mickey at centre-back for two consecutive games. nightmare /O\*

*well, ok, it'll probably be Wes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont think that is correct nick i heard somewhere during the arsenal game today after the end of february you no longer banned for collecting 5 yellows (or 10 as the case maybe). there is like a cut off point apparently where the rule no longer applies. I dont know if this is correct but its defo something i heard today during the arsenal game in my still slightly ****ed state.

Saha was alot better today than last week btw.

you're partly right jules, end of feb is the cut-off for 5 yellows, but second week of april is the cut-off for 10. just been reading up on it on the FA website.

we must have at least six league games and at least one cup game before then, he'll never avoid it

in other, slightly worrying news, Magnus Wolff Eikrem (our 16yo Norwegian midfielder, the one Ole recommended) has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes :/

hopefully something he'll be able to adapt to and cope with, he's very very promising but very lightweight and this might well set him back a bit. he's been compared to Scholesy a bit - both small and relatively lightweight but with great technique and ability, and now both with an ailment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

oh right, shouldve read your post properly icon14.gif. I wonder if we can time it so he misses pompey away then sheff united at home. not overly bad fixtures to miss. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

probably the ideal time, if there is one. if we get through the Reading replay we'll have another cup game that we could possibly rest him for.

we've got Bolton and Blackburn pretty soon, both physical teams, he'll blatantly get a card or two in them

Right then, not a good result at all, really don't need a replay, but we'll have to deal with it. Generally we weren't bad really, apart from the lack of marking on the goal obviously.

Main points were that Fletcher was good (didn't think Carrick was bad either btw, lovely strike for the goal as well), my motm, closely followed by Park who was lively as ever. Ronaldo was good too, though missed a few good chances, but given the amount he has scored this season I'll forgive him. Larsson was great when he came on too.

But gonch, dear oh dear I'm now convinced that you are either on a wind-up or have completely and utterly lost your marbles, I'm not sure which. Saying Saha was "probably our best player today" is actually more wrong than anything you have ever said about Ruud and that's saying something, He was utterly abysmal yet again. Can barely remember a single occassion where he actually completed a pass in the second half.

I agree with Jonny on Ole and TK too. Ole's lack of pace really is sad to watch and Kuszczak didn't fill me with confidence either.

Ah well, we'll recover...Saha had better get some semblence of form back or I'll be putting him on the plane to Helsingborgs myself and keeping Larsson here.

Is Saha really that bad?

Early on this season I thought that even though he wasn't Iin the quality of RVN that his pace added added an option and stretched defences in a way RVN couldn't.

He looked quite good, maybe I'm just not used to expecting more thoug.....

i'm being overly harsh on him at the minute purely because he's performing way below par. when he's on form and interested he's a major major threat - as you say, his pace and strength give defenders nightmares and we're a much better side than we were last season. he's not (and never will be) in RvN's class as a striker but the frustration at the minute is because we've seen how good he can be and he's just nowhere near that now.

his drop in form has pretty much coincided with the announcement Larsson was being brought in. part of me can't help thinking he's a bit of an insecure type who thrived at the start of the season because he no longer had van Nistelrooy to compete with and felt he was definite first choice, and the doubts started to creep back in when the Larsson deal came to light. needs to snap out of it pdq anyway.

Is Saha really that bad?

Early on this season I thought that even though he wasn't Iin the quality of RVN that his pace added added an option and stretched defences in a way RVN couldn't.

He looked quite good, maybe I'm just not used to expecting more thoug..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Atm he really is that bad. Before end of November, even though he was still a wasteful fool, he was quite brilliant in the build-up play and generally had 3-4 chances per game and always took 1.

Now he is nowhere and especially nowhere in the build-up play because he cannot really get any worse at his finishing since he was complete pants before as well icon_biggrin.gif

I still can't figure out what's wrong with Park's shooting though.

I mean the guy has dribbling skills, defending skills, reads the play extremely well and gets into alot of good situations, can and usually will come up with one or two brilliant passes in the game (pass to Ronaldo for example) and although at times he plays in panic mode he still manages to get out of these situations but he cannot freakin shoot even if his life depended on it.

I don't understand it, is he getting overanxious when he has a chance or does he think "i must score this one and prove my worth, i must score this one so that Fergie doesn't sell me, i mus.... oh damn"

If the guy could shoot he would be the freakin first choice winger alongside Ronaldo.

I have to say, that performance was just dreadful. There were 2 playes who actually did something today and they were Vidic and Ronaldo. Everyone else were just hiding or f***ing something up.

Park should just never, ever shoot again and can gtf in the summer. Saha was awful. It was like watching a match on FM 07 with him. 'Oh I have got a very tight angle, I'll never score but hey I'll shoot anyway despite there being someone in a better position in the area'. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

That kepper can eff off aswell as he was just shocking today.

MOTM: Vidic

RU: Ronaldo

seen a few people criticising Kuszczak, not entirely sure what he did wrong if i'm honest. i didn't pay much attention to MOTD so i don't know if i missed something that happened down the other end, but he had no chance with the goal. where did he f**k up?

seen a few people criticising Kuszczak, not entirely sure what he did wrong if i'm honest. i didn't pay much attention to MOTD so i don't know if i missed something that happened down the other end, but he had no chance with the goal. where did he f**k up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He ****ed up 3 times. 2 of them were from near half way and one was a cross which he came out completely wrong for it and got lucky Brown was behind him to head the ball into corner.

The long shot/clearance fumbles happened twice. Once the ball went pretty close to the right side of the post and he was well beaten and once it landed on the roof of the net, this time he was there to palm it away if needed but he certainly looked like being completely lost on both ocasions.

Also not to mention that when the "clearance"/long shot happened he moved towards the ball only to stop and take ages to figure out the ball is moving in the air and his movement with the back towards the net is horrible.

seen a few people criticising Kuszczak, not entirely sure what he did wrong if i'm honest. i didn't pay much attention to MOTD so i don't know if i missed something that happened down the other end, but he had no chance with the goal. where did he f**k up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His general positioning was poor. Found himself in a bit of difficulty time after time due to this.

One occassion was when Wes had to head off of the line after Kuszczak failed to get a cross that was easily within his reach.

if any of the ST holders fancy applying for reading away in the cup and selling them onto me I would be superbly thankful and full of payments of your services in any sort of barm/beer variety.

also mart any news on lille home, there are a few floating about on ri but we would be staying/kipping at my pals grandparents house in manc so kinda need to be certain in advance. ive pmed a few dudes so fingers crossed.

in other, slightly worrying news, Magnus Wolff Eikrem (our 16yo Norwegian midfielder, the one Ole recommended) has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes :/

hopefully something he'll be able to adapt to and cope with, he's very very promising but very lightweight and this might well set him back a bit. he's been compared to Scholesy a bit - both small and relatively lightweight but with great technique and ability, and now both with an ailment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diabetes is easy to control. My brother has both type 1 and type 2 diabetes and he's able to live with that. Magnus will just need to keep a track on his blood sugar which is not that hard, just a ***** of the finger occasionally. Also because he's active and relatively fit he'll find it easier than others to keep on top of it.

Archived