The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Park should just never, ever shoot again and can gtf in the summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolute rubbish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Did you get a wallet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep icon14.gif

and some top trumps...

which are rubbish. They just have player statistics...no ratings icon_frown.gif

Watching Ole was heartbreaking yesterday. He will still take any chances you give him but his total lack of pace really doesnt help us at all and its painful to watch the difference between him and Larsson.

Why when we play Sil and Heinze can we not have Sil at left back? Hes miles better attacking than Heinze and we really do miss that without Evra. You look at both wingers yesterday and they had no space being created and none of this overlapping stuff it was just one winger taking on two men everytime.

Also surely Park is going to work on his finishing sometime? He has this great habit of sniffing out where the chances are going to fall but christ on a bike i've seen blind kids do better when it comes to taking those chances.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> From the Sunday People:

SIR Alex Ferguson is planning a summer clearout - even if his team win the Premiership.

The Manchester United boss will trim his squad, which has expanded to over SIXTY professionals.

And as he looks to bring in Owen Hargreaves and a couple more new faces, Fergie knows that he needs to get rid of some of his fringe players.

Topping the roster will be England star Kieron Richardson and - internationals John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher.

As well as Hargreaves, Fergie is also keen on Blackburn's David Bentley. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you dare get rid of Fletch SIR.

Loads of fakes around for Lille away, my dad's mate has about 10, he showed me a real ticket and a fake and it's pretty good except the shiny bit in the corner he's put tinfoil in it. icon_biggrin.gif The tickets are poor quality, there's probably going to be loads of fakes and most will get in, that United end is going to be packed.

too busy convulsing in laughter at england star kieran richardson to reply to this...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I'm much happier with Larsson than Rossi to be fair, nothing against Rossi but Larsson has been there and done it so many times before that the experience factor is significant for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fair enough. but if rossi is really the next big thing that fergie keeps proclaiming him to be, then it's difficult to justify gambling on a 35 year old player for three months ahead of him, surely. makes absolutely zero sense at all.

it was clear early enough that the newcastle loan would not be extended that we didn't need to sign larsson if fergie really thinks rossi will cut it. his age or experience can't be used against him anymore - it's not like he's some raw 16 year old. he's either good enough, or he's not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

too busy convulsing in laughter at england star kieran richardson to reply to this...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I'm much happier with Larsson than Rossi to be fair, nothing against Rossi but Larsson has been there and done it so many times before that the experience factor is significant for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fair enough. but if rossi is really the next big thing that fergie keeps proclaiming him to be, then it's difficult to justify gambling on a 35 year old player for three months ahead of him, surely. makes absolutely zero sense at all.

it was clear early enough that the newcastle loan would not be extended that we didn't need to sign larsson if fergie really thinks rossi will cut it. his age or experience can't be used against him anymore - it's not like he's some raw 16 year old. he's either good enough, or he's not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally I didn't think that the Larsson move was a gamble really, I was always quite confident that he would do a job. Ultimately I'd have Larsson in the side over Rossi atm, despite the points you have made.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

One reason to forget about Ruud:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ruud revisits spat with Ferguson

Ruud van Nistelrooy has again spoken of his departure from Manchester United, saying that Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson "kicked his soul".

Van Nistelrooy was left out of United's Carling Cup final team against Wigan last year and he was unable to deal with the snub.

"I exploded and began swearing at Ferguson because I felt he had kicked my soul," revealed Van Nistelrooy.

"That was the moment things died and could never be the same again."

Van Nistelrooy, who left Old Trafford and moved to Real Madrid in the summer, said it was particularly hard to take because prior to that point he had had a great relationship with Ferguson.

"I find it rather tragic," he told World Soccer.

"This was the man who visited me in hospital when I had my bad knee injury while I was with PSV.

"This was the man who wanted me at all costs.

"It was because our relationship was so warm that this situation was so painful." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just let it go ffs. It's the past, it's happened and you have moved on. Now fo! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ Whs, ftw.

Personally I didn't think that the Larsson move was a gamble really, I was always quite confident that he would do a job. Ultimately I'd have Larsson in the side over Rossi atm, despite the points you have made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not a gamble? it was/is really questionable that he'd still have the legs for the premiership at 35 imo.

no doubting his class in any way shape or form, but signing a 35yo striker for the top flight - especially in a title race - can't be considered anything but a gamble imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Eddie, did they let you in the exec box? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No box, no. icon_frown.gif

But nice padded seats, and waitresses, tables chairs etc. How the other half lives, eh ?

Still had ***** surrounding me, though. icon_mad.gif

Had a bottle of gay (Smirnoff Ice, btw) at half time. icon_biggrin.gif

It was only a few months since he turned the CL final around, I wasn't too worried, plus it was only a loan.

And Eddie, don't start that again ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not starting anything, Matt. icon_smile.gif

Just agreeing with the man, is all.

It's history now. He (Ruud) needs to get over it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

It was only a few months since he turned the CL final around, I wasn't too worried, plus it was only a loan.

It's history now. He (Ruud) needs to get over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe it affected him so much that he can't get over it.

You know the rules in every relationship icon_biggrin.gif If u dated a chick for 12 months it takes you 6 months to heal. If u dated 6months it takes u 3 and stuff like that icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

The tickets are poor quality, there's probably going to be loads of fakes and most will get in, that United end is going to be packed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless they do what Celtic did....

Which was let the 1st xthousand who arrived into the ground no matter what their ticket looked like and then turned everyone else away (even if they had obviously valid tickets) because 'the end is full'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

It's history now. He (Ruud) needs to get over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's answering questions put forward to him? :/

Honestly, every "OMG GET OVER IT" post increases the idiot level of the said poster by 10%.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Anyone planning on going to the replay? If we get a good allocation it'll be easy enough to get tickets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, then again I was chubbed for Fulham so you never know.

oh, Mika. Do you think Ruud answers every question that's posed? Do you think he's media savvy enough to know comments like that would find their way onto the back pages as soon as he'd shut his gob?

Though tbf he actually sounds like he's saying it was his fault and it's approaching an apology...maybe?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Anyone planning on going to the replay? If we get a good allocation it'll be easy enough to get tickets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, then again I was chubbed for Fulham so you never know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's on a tuesday night, probably on tv and against a southern team but yeah, you can never be too sure.

I'm sure he does know that, but so frankly he can say that he wants. I've read the whole interview in World Soccer and it's all fair comment.

He's not saying it was all his fault, he's saying that Fergie was an idiot to not play him in Cardiff (which he was), and that he reacted badl (which is fair enough) and then it was both their fault that they never patched it up, which is also pretty true.

Fergie is still more at fault to me than Ruud to me, but that's that.

Honestly, every "OMG GET OVER IT" post increases the idiot level of the said poster by 10%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

soooooooo... does that mean gonch is 240% idiot?

Archived