The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

He was clean through. He is left footed. I know that, you know that, he knows that. Hell the entire sTretty knows that yet for some reason instead of moving more central to get himself into a position to shoot on his left foot he took it slightly to thr right & had a shot with his quite frankly **** poor right foot.

The guy is abysmal at one on ones.

I don't hate him or anything & he is a very good striker but he just baffles me sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a defender that side who can come across and cover if he moves that way. He can use Larsson on of two ways, by either giving him the ball, which is risky as he's marked, or by letting his run take the defender away, which is what he does. Moving more central to get it on to his left foot would be the worse thing he could do, as it gives the defender just the right angle to both cut off the pass and the shot. I'd also say that while he obviously favours his left foot, his right is decent too. He's not totally one footed.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-1 vs. Reading in the FA Cup…

We so didn’t need a replay but Reading are a well drilled outfit and with their ultra-defensive tactics there’s only so much you can do in that situation.

Overall we weren’t terrible or anything but we did lack zip for the lack of a better term, even with Ronaldo playing. JSP was bright as well (please learn to finish before next season kthx).

Expected more from Carrick, Ole (both of whom were subdued) and more importantly Saha yesterday, fully behind the he needs to look interested camp with that one (if he doesn’t pick up I’ll start picketing OT with a “please stay Henke†banner).

Nothing especially wrong with Vidic/Silv(shock)/Gabby but I thought Wes put more work in going forward and some crucial work at the back as our best defender yesterday. TK as questionable as ever for me as well. No idea about AFFG since I haven’t seen a replay of it since, looked to be just terrible team marking tbh.

Dazzle our best player yesterday for me. More effort and more attempts to pick passes that could get us in to dangerous situations get him my vote. All subs on too late to do anything really.

MOM: Darren Fletcher

2ND: Wes Brown

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Well, Jules did ask first, so I'll apply with mine/nick/keiths books and then Jules gets first dibs, anything after that sure </div></BLOCKQUOTE>cheers icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Probably Illegal:

Not convinced by TK and dont think I ever will be. Not sure why either, just has an air of Timmehness about him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish I had anywhere near as much faith in TK as I did in THo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Probably Illegal:

Not convinced by TK and dont think I ever will be. Not sure why either, just has an air of Timmehness about him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good way of putting it that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Oh and congrats to Keyser.

Hope the child and mother are both okay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it true his missus said childbirth was nothing considering what she went through at the conception?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

Kuszczak is useless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a bit harsh, but he certainly doesn't have my full confidence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Is it true his missus said childbirth was nothing considering what she went through at the conception? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You owe me a new keyboard for that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Is it true his missus said childbirth was nothing considering what she went through at the conception? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You owe me a new keyboard for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats to Keyser, hope mrs keyser and mini keyser are doing well.

Cheers for applying for reading for me guys seems pretty likely to get the as 4,500 tickets, isnt reading only like a 22k stadium? will be nice to get about 1/4 of them.

Any preferences who we'd like to get in the next round of the cup(presuming we'll get through) would quite like arsenal tbf i think we are owed a win over them. or citeh away and destroy them.

Saha was poor but I'm not gonna jump on him too much.. he's still an extremely useful player and I reckon he can get back into his stride with some more match-time in the next couple of weeks.

The rest of the side.. Park and Fletcher played pretty well I thought. Heinze looking less and less sturdy in comparison to Evra. Wes did well enough, but is just not a right back. Carrick disappointed me. Ronaldo was hit and miss, but regardless always seems the biggest threat. Ole just not at the races (icon_frown.gif). Larsson showed quality again. Scholes not enough time to get into the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

the odds of Saha scoring a one-on-one are bad enough if he can use his left without whittling them down even further by limiting him to his right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually have more faith in Park scoring a goal than Saha scoring a one on one :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha, daytripping scum tbh.

literally praying we get Citeh at home in the cup draw, I'd pray for citeh away if I could be guaranteed a ticket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Plymouth away it will be

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

simply hate the people outside the ground after the game I overheard saying "we should ask for our money back"

get a sense of perspective you f**king idiots </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fecking daytrippers.

Yeah we'll get Watford at home IF we beat Reading </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*snatches hand off*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

an easy "boring" home draw is best. FACT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's not though because we don't get up for those games

Getting Arsenal away and winning would inspire the team for the rest of the season

Archived