The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Is anyone else worried about the potential for a Fergie-Ronaldo spat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't like the way he came off tonight but I'm sure all will be corrected when he has a stormer and scores a hat-trick in the return leg icon_cool.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ, well that was dire, I thought that we would step it up at half-time but it never happened. Ronaldo was poor, as were most to be honest...but right now I don't care, that's a brilliant result.

If we do our jobs at OT then we should be ok, dread to think what will happen if we get one of the big teams in the QFs though.

a couple of bursts from Rooney/Ronnie early on in 2nd half but without a finish and then we got progressively worse as it went on

disgustingly cheap goal which I am loving right now

and like Mika said once again our performance shows we're simply not up to playing and knocking out any "big" side

Martin trying to get off with a scouse supporter? icon_biggrin.gif

I will say it again. Slowly becoming everything he hates.

Leaving early

Picking & choosing gaes

Going to Leeds

Embracing scousers

Think it's time for an emergency meeting about if he should be allowed to the wall anymore icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I wanted Ronaldo off, he was doing nothing. Saha was no better though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But in that one burst early 2nd half he showed the threat he can possess in a split second that others cant.

I didnt want him off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

in case it's missed in the match thread:

gonch and my parents safe and sound back on their coach icon14.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

glad to hear james icon14.gif

Good result , but what a dire performance, Giggs must be one the luckiest people around because other than his goal his overall performance was probably the worst I have seen from a united player and collectively his perfromances in the past month or two have been awful and was the worst united player on the pitch tonight by a long, long way (and that takes something). Only thought Rooney, Evra & Scholes performed to their abilities tonight , rest of team were garbage , whether thats to do with Fergie, The conditions or just not being up to it is open for discussion.

In regards to the circus near the end of the game, I think the referee was correct to disallow their goal (clearly puts his hands on Vidics back) and correct to allow ours (if you look at the replay, the ref has a word with giggs before the kick and then walks away).

Anyway, MoM time:

MoM: Pady Evra

2nd: Paul Scholes

And as someone else has already mentioned, god help us if we draw a decent side in the quaters.

Lille were a disgrace, throwing themselves on the floor at every opportunity, and as for the French police and fans.....

lets see if they get the book thrown at them, like Feyenoord. don't bank on it though, after all it was AGAINST an English team, and the president of UEFA is French.

Utd were poor tonight, apart from a couple of bursts either side of half time. we won't win the competition playing like that. but we won 1-0 away from home, when is the last time we did that in the knockout stages?

Didn't think Ronaldo played any worse than Giggs, but I do feel his performances have slipped recently, and maybe Fergie was just reminding him of the need to stay focussed. the press will make a meal of it, but they always do because it sells papers. I'm not worried by Ronnie being taken off.

Nobody else think Rooney did alright?

Okay he had that horrible miss from Ronaldo's layoff but he also created more than anyone else, literally never stopped running for us, didnt let us down when shifted out to the right either

Its relatively speaking because the overall performance was rather poor but I thought he was decent

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Nobody else think Rooney did alright?

Okay he had that horrible miss from Ronaldo's layoff but he also created more than anyone else, literally never stopped running for us, didnt let us down when shifted out to the right either

Its relatively speaking because the overall performance was rather poor but I thought he was decent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mentioned it in my post, probably one of only four decent performances in the team tonigh, plus his run was amazing icon_cool.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Fergie comments broadcast on the BBC, is he starting to come around to them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seething so much he didnt care who/what he was shouting at? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Pleat > BBC

literally only used one comment for Ronaldos game all night icon_biggrin.gif

"he's dribbling too soon when he should pass"

said NOTHING else </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was just going to mentioned how astonishingly poor his commentary wass, he is absolutle guff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

BBC >>>>>>>>> * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DP clearly a big fan of Mackenzie and co. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I refuse to dignify that with a response.

Wait...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

BBC >>>>>>>>> * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DP clearly a big fan of Mackenzie and co. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I refuse to dignify that with a response.

Wait...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

LENS, FRANCE - FEBRUARY 20: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson pushes his captain Phil Neville back on to the pitch during a melee after Ryan Giggs' goal during the Champions League Round of 16, first leg between Lille and Manchester United at Stade Felix Bollaert in Lens, on February 20, 2007 in Lens, France. (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

Spot the error icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not even Ratboy deserves to be confused with blue Neville

Archived