The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If anyone thought Fulham was a one off from Wes then he proved them wrong. I'm sorry Wes but we have good defenders coming through so just find yourself another club ta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

back on top form \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

It seems the problem with park is he only plays well when the team does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. As soon as Rooney came on they had a really good exchange that nearly created a goal.l

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

None <STRIKE>Very few</STRIKE> of our second stringers made a case for breaking into the first team. Saha at least looked bothered and bright until he started getting closed down by multiple men and kicked to bits by Bikey, but still functioned better than most so I guess he's my MOM. Ole gets second for running his ******** off.

MOM: Saha

2ND: OGS

I've left the TV to write this, who did we get Boro or WBA? God help us if we conspire to play like this again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed. Too much credit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

People are being slightly harsh on Wes I feel. He hasn't been playing much & right back isn't his best position. He made a coupld of good headers & tackles but yeah he wasn't very good apart from that.

Leeds got beaten again so it's all good icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No excuse for his ****ing awful distribution at the back. you just don't pass it to the opposition, you twat it up the field. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that could be said for ALL of them tonight. all utter sh*t at clearing the ball/passing the ball/controlling the ball.

Saha was far and away our best player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If anyone thought Fulham was a one off from Wes then he proved them wrong. I'm sorry Wes but we have good defenders coming through so just find yourself another club ta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

back on top form \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have let Brown go anywaythese last two performances not withstanding. I would rather a Pique or an Evans take over and we cash in on Wesley.

christ, kneejerk reactions ahoy tonight \O/

we were sh*t. we're through. Fletcher wasn't that bad, Wes was equal measures good and awful, Richardson is holocaust but we all knew that. Ole and especially Saha big positives, big Edwin looking good again, into the next round, cheer up you miserable moaning c**ts.

Hold up lads, we played **** tonight but lets not go overboard with every second stringer being shipped out after this performance just because we're ****ed off.

Goal 1 AFFG: Rio

Goal 2 AFFG: Silvestre or O'Shea

-couldn't see from the replay who was more culpable for losing Lita.

Remember ALL of Anfield singing munich songs

Remember the Kop doing aeroplanes

Remember the Munich 58 banner on the Kop

Remember scousers slashing straight members and scaffers home AND away

Remember Main Road 85 & what was at stake

Remember that we stopped them doing the "Impossible" Treble

Remember ALL those flags mocking Munich at Heysel in '85

Remember 39 dead Italians and how they tried to blame everyone but themselves

Remember the bastards throwing CS Gas at our players at Anfield

Remember that utter UTTER **** Kenney Dalglish

Remember Anfield 1992 & how you felt after Rush scored

Remember 3-3 in 1994 & how it felt like a defeat

Remember the **** spitting on Eric as he went to lift The FA Cup

Remember Robbie Fowler and his four (now five) finger salute every time he scores against us

Remember that giant FC Bayern München flag at Anfield in 1999

Remember Paul Ince (and all of Anfield) thinking he had denied us the Title

Remember loosing Five on the trot against them 2000-2002

Remember The BBC hailing the plastic treble as some sort of achievement

Remember them breaking the silence in honour of Georgie Best

Remember rick parry bleating on about the NY honours and Paisley & all that other *****, the ****ing ******!

Remember scousers complaining on 5Live that Sir Matt only got knighted because he survived the disaster

Remember Smiths ambulance & cups of **** at anfield

Remember how you felt on 25 May 2005

go for it Ladle

whoever said Wes was worse than Richardson in the match thread - get f**ked

also some blame has to go to Fergie tonight... I dont give a sh*t what games we have coming up, you do notwatch that team put in a performance like that, moan on the sidelines about us playing that bad - and then stubbornly refuse to put Ronnie on for Kieran who with the gaps Reading were leaving at the back would almost certainly have created a few goalscoring chances on the break

I can't remember ever seeing a top division footballer stand on the ball in consecutive matches but thanks to Wes Brown, now I have.

Based on that performance by Richardson I think we should table a bid for De la Cruz. He looks like a world beater icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

MOTM: Saha

Runner-up: Silvestre (because I can) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ole was 2nd tbh. Did well given his complete lack of physical competing.. some nice passes and hold up play.

i swear some of you were watching a different game.

vds was a shaky as hell. he fluffed at least four crosses (completely missing one of them, and mis-punching two others). sort it out please edwin.

brown was just rot. one brilliant saving header aside, it was the worst performace i've ever seen from him.

rio played quite well, and mickey and gabby were also fairly solid for the most part.

park was fffffffffffffffffffffffb. the number of times he was sold short by brown yet won or held onto possession against two or three players... hardly wasted possession.

o'shea was ok. didn't notice anything glaring put it that way.

fletch was pretty good for the most part. ok, he won the ball in a ffffb brilliant tackle and then proceeded to give it away in a manner that would have made even richardson cringe near the end, but aside from that he kept us ticking over and played a number of good through balls. just don't get the hate on his performance tonight.

richardson was... richardson.

sahahahahaha was excellent. like park he was often outnumbered and most of the time managed to retain possession and then find a team mate.

ole was a bit anonymous for the most part, but he took his goal superbly. so smug with that finish icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

we were sh*t. we're through. Fletcher wasn't that bad, Wes was equal measures good and awful, Richardson is holocaust but we all knew that. Ole and especially Saha big positives, big Edwin looking good again, into the next round, cheer up you miserable moaning c**ts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big whoop, Saha did his job icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i swear some of you were watching a different game.

vds was a shaky as hell. he fluffed at least four crosses (completely missing one of them, and mis-punching two others). sort it out please edwin.

brown was just rot. one brilliant saving header aside, it was the worst performace i've ever seen from him.

rio played quite well, and mickey and gabby were also fairly solid for the most part.

park was fffffffffffffffffffffffb. the number of times he was sold short by brown yet won or held onto possession against two or three players... hardly wasted possession.

o'shea was ok. didn't notice anything glaring put it that way.

fletch was pretty good for the most part. ok, he won the ball in a ffffb brilliant tackle and then proceeded to give it away in a manner that would have made even richardson cringe near the end, but aside from that he kept us ticking over and played a number of good through balls. just don't get the hate on his performance tonight.

richardson was... richardson.

sahahahahaha was excellent. like park he was often outnumbered and most of the time managed to retain possession and then find a team mate.

ole was a bit anonymous for the most part, but he took his goal superbly. so smug with that finish icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agree in the main, except ole was better than you say and park a lot worse. barely worthy of a qg, let alone a fffffffffffffffffb

Richardson a pitiful excuse for a footballer.

No-one in the midfield was willing to make an impact, lots of times they weren't even looking for the ball which ****ed me off.

Why was it that Saha felt the need to shoot whenever he within 30 yards of goal? He's usually excellent at holding play up but jeez, look for better options.

Alan Hansen getting a hard on from Gabbie Logan btw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

We didn't learn anything tonight that we didn't already know for me.

Wow, three jammy wins in a row, we're on a roll. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

playing that badly, no matter how many first teamers are out the side, is not good build up for the next 2 important matches.

and the jamminess quite clearly ends here. if we even play 1/100th that badly on Saturday we'll get creamed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

we were sh*t. we're through. Fletcher wasn't that bad, Wes was equal measures good and awful, Richardson is holocaust but we all knew that. Ole and especially Saha big positives, big Edwin looking good again, into the next round, cheer up you miserable moaning c**ts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big whoop, Saha did his job icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no-one can win with you can they? icon_biggrin.gif

i give up. don't understand you moaning bastards, a near-complete reserve team got us through with all our key players getting a rest ahead of the Liverpool game and yet it's like a meeting of haemherroids R us in here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emersonlfc:

Hopefully Vds and Rio play like that on Saturday icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

VDS was class. wp moron

Cheers ACou, cheers for reminding me, the subs.

I actually thought both made sense:

- We were losing the ball all over the pitch and taking off Richardson and, lets say Park, based on the performances they gave wasn't going to stop Readings momentum.

- Saha had been kicked to bits and given his lack of match time looked like he was running on empty, so Rooney on made sense. By the 75th minute Ole's legs couldn't match his desire anymore and my only gripe is that Fergie waited 10mins too long to make the change. Richardson was terrible but as far as keeping up with Reading players bombing forward he at least had legs to do so, and with us holding on it can be argued that it was less of a handicap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emersonlfc:

Hopefully Vds and Rio play like that on Saturday icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

VDS was class. wp moron </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hardly "class" compared to his usual performances. Must be a Noob to think otherwise, tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Richardson was terrible but as far as keeping up with Reading players bombing forward he at least had legs to do so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah. shame when he did so he then either pointlessly bundled them over or did nothing to prevent them getting crosses in

Archived