The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

FFS 11/4 favourites according to SSN... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've explained it in the other thread. Using less than 500 words too.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark is doing a 4 day trip (Mon-Thurs). Mum and Dad are already booked up. I'm very tempted, though Munich is the semis would be a better (and safer) trip.

I couldn't do all 3 aways. But, I don't want to do what I've done on 3 of the last 4 years and pass on a knock-out game expecting the next trip to be a better one icon_biggrin.gif

VERY happy with that icon14.gif

Not because I think Roma are easy or anything, they're not, but I really wanted to avoid the other English teams, so dodging them in both the QF's and potential semis is a great result.

Top stuff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Does the watery street place in Italy have a football club? that'd be a qn away trip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Venice? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

away first is good, roma really arent very good travellers dispite having so many pikeys in their side. \o/.

great draw really. we will obv lose to roma heavily. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, going to lyon and hammering them 2-0 is evidence of that.

we're going to get ****ing raped by an away goal after a dire 0-0 first leg, 4-5-1 shitfest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Mark is doing a 4 day trip (Mon-Thurs). Mum and Dad are already booked up. I'm very tempted, though Munich is the semis would be a better (and safer) trip.

I couldn't do all 3 aways. But, I don't want to do what I've done on 3 of the last 4 years and pass on a knock-out game expecting the next trip to be a better one icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4 days ffs?? nigh on impossible to get that much time off. plus i'll probably get stabbed.

gah gah gah. **** off uefa

I was going to go to the away quarter, but not sure I want to now after going to Milan a couple of years back. Really put me off travelling to Italy. It'll be nasty I think.

Might wait and just go to the Allianz Arena instead. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Does the watery street place in Italy have a football club? that'd be a qn away trip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Venice? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one, cheers icon_biggrin.gif

And, do they? We could have a thread meetup on a gondola.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Venice? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one, cheers icon_biggrin.gif

And, do they? We could have a thread meetup on a gondola. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How romantic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

away first is good, roma really arent very good travellers dispite having so many pikeys in their side. \o/.

great draw really. we will obv lose to roma heavily. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, going to lyon and hammering them 2-0 is evidence of that.

we're going to get ****ing raped by an away goal after a dire 0-0 first leg, 4-5-1 shitfest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beat me to it re: Lyon icon_biggrin.gif

But yeah what you said, can definitely see us being done on away goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

FFS 11/4 favourites according to SSN... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've explained it in the other thread. Using less than 500 words too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The post in the other thread may have been useful but was the second condescending sentence above really necessary?

"SS Calcio Venezia" are in the Italian 4th division from what I can tell, the meetup might have to wait icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Venezia in the 4th division? They were in Serie A a few seasons back.

i will concede though, if we somehow manage to arse our way past roma, then this:

Lille dispatched. Wins at Fulham and Liverpool see us 12 pts clear. League form sparkling. Chelsea just about keeping up. Arsenal hammered in the FA Cup semi. Real Madrid beaten (Ruud misses penalty). 4-0 at the Boo Camp seals the title, with a dead rubber at the Bridge to celebrate this time at Stamford Bridge. The reserves relegate West Ham, a 2-0 half time deficit is turned around at Wembley as Citeh’s 1st trophy for 31 years is snatched away bluuuuuue moon, you started singing too soon…. Athens, scousers, sccchhhhhhhhhooooooooooollllllllllllleeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!, 3-0 we won it 3 tiiiiiiiiiimes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

will suddenly seem a lot less fanciful.

not gonna happen mind. we'll still win the league, but roma will put us out, and we'll be listening to "six times" songs next season. icon13.gif

all because you were all too afraid to use you uri geller like mind powers to get us a 1/4 final tie with the scousers. icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

james are you going to go? i might sack this one off and hope we get to the semis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably will do. It's half term so easier to get the wife to agree.

The post in the other thread may have been useful but was the second condescending sentence above really necessary? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sensitve soul you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

"SS Calcio Venezia" are in the Italian 4th division from what I can tell, the meetup might have to wait icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Venezia in the 4th division? They were in Serie A a few seasons back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently they were just relegated from B and reformed as this new club, from what I read on one site anyway. My Italian football knowledge isn't the best though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

roma icon_cool.gif

so happy with that, feels like a proper european tie and ill be dead excited about it right up until i see rooney wide left with smith up top on his own icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true, will feel like a special occassion which we haven't had since Milan really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

This could be the year to celebrate and cheer

Pitch

Bench and terraces

We're all wanting the same thing

If you believe in us we won't betray that trust

Through the streets of Manchester you're gonna hear the people sing

Gonna lift it high

Gonna lift it high

Our only limit is the sky 'cause through the triumph and the grief

It's all about

It's all about

It's all about belief

It's all about belief

This could be the team to achieve the dream

We got nothing to prove but we want it all the same

United we are

Already come so far

We will not rest until the whole world knows our name

Gonna lift it high

Gonna lift it high

It's all about

It's all about

It's all about belief

It's all about belief

Gonna lift it high

Gonna lift it high

It's all about

It's all about

It's all about belief

It's all about belief

It's all about belief

It's all about belief

It's all about belief

It's all about belief

It's all about belief

It's all about belief

It's all about belief

This could be our year

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'mon!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

all be back for the first game after the internationals no doubt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

it wont feel like a special occasion when a masked italian slices your cheeks open </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is why Skysports ftw icon14.gif

So did the old one, ahem, go into liquidation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> After being relegated from Serie B in 2004, Venezia AC went bust and a new club, SS Calcio Venezia, lies in the fourth division. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So yes, yes they did icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

James in a bad mood and picking on Jimlad icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He’s more than capable of providing (a lengthy) defence on his own.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

James in a bad mood and picking on Jimlad icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He’s more than capable of providing (a lengthy) defence on his own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha, so you're actively encouraging his long posts icon_biggrin.gif

You love it really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Reds receive injury boost

United were given a major lift on Friday morning with the news that the injuries sustained by Louis Saha and Darren Fletcher are not as serious as first feared.

Saha, who pulled up with a tight hamstring in training earlier this week, was looking at a month-long lay-off, while an ankle ligament problem looked to have curtailed Darren Fletcher’s involvement in the current campaign.

However, Saha is now likely to return against Blackburn at the end of the month, and will be joined by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who had a minor operation to clear up his knee.

Fletcher, who had been expected to miss two months of action, is now likely to be back in a few weeks.

"For a couple of days I was starting to think that the roof was falling in on top of us," admitted Sir Alex Ferguson at his Friday press briefing. "But things are looking much brighter now.

"Darren's injury is not bad as we first thought. He could be back in a few weeks. The news is very good on Louis Saha and we expect him to be back to face Blackburn, along with Ole Solskjaer. So things are looking up."

Mikael Silvestre, however, will unavailable for a few weeks after dislocating his right shoulder in the win over Lille.

"We're delighted nothing was broken, but Mikael will still be out for a few weeks," confirmed Sir Alex. "We'll be monitoring him to see how things are progressing."

Alan Smith, who came on as a substitute against Lille during midweek, will be involved for the Reds in the FA Cup quarter-final clash with Middlesbrough on Saturday tea-time.

"He enjoyed a good work out against Lille," said Sir Alex. "He'll definitely figure against Middlesbrough.

"The loss of Henrik Larsson after the Cup game is a big loss. But as one player leaves, it provides an opportunity for someone else, such as Alan.

"For the last three or four months I've had to tell five or six players every week that they wouldn't be playing. It kills you at times because you're talking about some fantastic footballers.

"You feel for them because they're no able to contribute to a good spell of football for the team. But I don't have that problem for a couple of weeks now." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good news \o/

Archived