The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Was really happy to see Gabby back and playing well, despite the result. TK wasn't the greatest but few keepers are when coming in at short notice, he made some decent saves but was def. at fault for the first goal.

Was a decent performance first half, 2nd was ruined in the last few mins of the first + poor defending early on in the 2nd.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Boss hopeful on injured trio

Edwin van der Sar will go for a scan on the calf injury that ruled him out of the FA Cup quarter final stalemate against Middlesbrough, although Sir Alex Ferguson is hopeful it is not serious.

The Dutchman pulled up in the warm-up at the Riverside and had to be replaced by Tomasz Kuszczak.

"Edwin's got a calf injury and he'll go for a scan on Sunday," said the Reds boss. "But hopefully it's not serious."

Despite the blow of losing the experienced goalkeeper, the boss was pleased with the performance of his deputy.

"Edwin's experience could have been vital during a couple of occasions," he said. "But I thought Tomasz Kuszczak was excellent. He made a couple of fantastic saves in the first half. He's a smashing young goalkeeper with great enthusiasm."

Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic are now unlikely to play against the Europe XI team on Tuesday, having picked up knocks in the game.

"The ones who need a game will get one in the UEFA charity match on Tuesday," said the boss, who mentioned Alan Smith as a player who will be given minutes to boost his match fitness. "Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic picked up injuries, they're doubtful for Tuesday."

One good aspect about the replay against Middlesbrough means that Paul Scholes will now be available for the league clash against Blackburn on 31 March as United look to clinch a ninth Premiership title. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You what Fergie? TK "excellent?" icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well tbh he needs to try and keep TK's confidence up icon_biggrin.gif

talking of which, it could be an interesting game seeing as, as far as i can tell, the european side only has 10 players atm and a crippled David Beckham :/

Coupet

Thuram

Puyol

Carragher

Abidal

Zambrotta

Juninho

Gerrard

a crippled Beckham

Ronaldinho

Larsson

surely they need some subs? (and an 11th player ofc)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

errrrrm, where did that come from?

stfu iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A cheap dig at the financial situation icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

:smug: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but unlike you Mart is repaying me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud >> cantona </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i really hope thats trolling and you dont mean it...

I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant? It was a light hearted remark commenting on your post which resembled a threat more than anything else icon_biggrin.gif

I'll cope with being "irrational" if it means that I'm not like you thanks.

I WAS JOKING FFS.

And trying to make it about me? Not really? icon_biggrin.gif I must have missed the point where I was prohibited from posting about it because Ryan said it first.

Oh wait, that's because I posted about Ruud first yesterday icon14.gif

Well played on making something out of nothing though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

yeh i was joking icon_biggrin.gif

still, he's better than hughes imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank christ icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> NO SECOND COMING FOR LARSSON

Henrik Larsson has ruled out the possibility of returning to English football.

The veteran Swede completed the final competitive game of his 10-week loan spell at Manchester United on Saturday, helping to ensure the Red Devils grabbed an FA Cup quarter-final draw at Middlesbrough that keeps their Treble hopes alive.

Even following so many assurances Larsson will return home next week, it still seems a shock it is actually going to happen, particularly as Sir Alex Ferguson's squad is currently in the midst of its biggest injury crisis in the entire campaign.

Yet, once he has turned out against United for the European Select XI in Tuesday's grand charity game at Old Trafford, Larsson will head for home and a short holiday, cherishing many memories but steadfast in his desire to honour his contract with hometown club Helsingborg, never to return.

"This is it," he said.

"I am not 25 anymore. I am 36 this year so it [returning] is not going to happen.

"I had a chat with Sir Alex but nothing would tempt me to change my mind about leaving.

"It is a little bit sad but I knew when I signed this would be my last game.

"It has been a pleasure to be here and I will follow this team every step of the way now, keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well."

With Louis Saha and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer both currently injured and Alan Smith still battling back to full fitness from the broken leg and dislocated ankle he suffered at Liverpool over 12 months ago, Larsson accepts his departure has not come at an ideal time.

However, the 35-year-old does not believe United will be handicapped by the problem and is confident they will ultimately go on to collect some silverware in May.

"Nobody knew what the situation would be when I left," he said.

"United initially signed me to cover some injuries they had at the time.

"It is unfortunate Louis got injured and Ole has had a minor operation on his knee. I know it is not good timing for me to leave now but that was the time period of the contract. These things happen.

"There is a little break coming up, which will help them, and I am confident they have enough to cope."

Larsson finds himself in the unusual situation of knowing he has played a significant role in United's season but would end up empty handed even if Ferguson's men eventually go on to repeat their 1999 Treble heroics.

Yet, the former Celtic and Barcelona star remains remarkably relaxed about the situation and insisted no-one would be cheering harder for United over the last few weeks of the campaign, whether he receives any personal reward or not.

"I knew how many games I would play when I signed for the club, so I can't moan about the medal situation," he said.

"It doesn't really matter to me. I will be as happy as any of the lads if they win something."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fergie ready to use squad

Sir Alex Ferguson admitted he will have to start utilising his squad after seeing his side play out a 2-2 draw at Middlesbrough.

Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty on 68 minutes gave Manchester United the draw, after Boro themselves had come from behind to take the lead at The Riverside.

Now United face two games in 72 hours as their replay with Boro will be a week on Monday - due to England's Euro 2008 qualifier with Israel just five days later.

"The name of the game is to keep winning and that is the best energy enhancer of all time," Ferguson revealed.

"We'll use our squad in the right way. We'll start utilising the pool."

Ferguson was more than happy with the performance his side produced on Teesside.

"It was one of the best performances for quite a while, for weeks. The rhythm was back, the speed was back and it was terrific to see that," he said.

"It was a good pitch, everything was in our favour and then the goal at half-time brought Middlesbrough back into the game.

"The goal from the corner kick was a bit of bad marking on our part, but we never gave in.

"Manchester United are expected to keep going - they did and we got a deserved equaliser."

Edwin van der Sar pulled out of the game after picking up an injury during the warm-up, but Ferguson is hoping the problem is not major.

"He has a calf injury and we will send him for a scan tomorrow - hopefully it is not serious," he said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

KR? icon_frown.gif

we should blatantly pay for a premiership medal for henke if we win it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely, didn't that happen with Dublin?

think so. think we might have done it for Quinton Fortune as well?

didn't realise england weren't playing next midweek. assumed that was why we're playing the replay on monday. don't see why it couldn't be on tuesday and then our guys go and join up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The League Champions are allocated 21 medals to be awarded to players, managers, and other club officials as they see fit, with the provision that any player recieving a medal appeared in 10 League matches. Additional medals can be given with the consent of the Premier League. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's from the Premier League website

he made nine appearances in 2002-03, i'm pretty sure we made an appeal to the FA. struggling to find any proof though bar a couple of redcafe posts backing me up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think fortune was given one by united that was 'spare', possibly for backroom staff.

Archived