The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

sending abusive anti leeds to texts to the text wall in evolution in leeds on a night out getting many "**** off you munich red ****" messages. haha.

middlesbrough is ****ing ****. **** off the entire place and police. twats. rooney was AWFUL apart from the goal, didnt look fit in the slightest. very worrying. quite a fun match though. atmosphere was decent enough for most of the time bar 10mins after they scored.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we know if the Boro replay is going to be on TV yet?

I know its the 19th (week on Monday) but I'm just trying to balance out money, applying for other games, travel issues on what I think is a bank holiday (? have I got confused with another bank hol in March) & the fact that I've got football that Monday night at 6.40pm.

If its on TV I might give applying for the replay a miss. I've been chubbed for Bolton & Blackburn and that's making me want to apply but I've got applications in for Roma, Sheff Utd and Boro in the league so thats a fair wack of money if I was somehow lucky to get all 3 (more likely 1/3 given my average success rate through OU).

Yeah I think I might let this one go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Milan quartet to play at OT

Marcello Lippi has added seven more players to his already impressive European squad for Tuesday's UEFA celebration match at Old Trafford.

Joining the likes of Ronaldinho, Juninho and Henrik Larsson are AC Milan stars Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Gattuso and Andrea Pirlo, along with Milan's winter recruit, Brazilian World Cup winner Ronaldo.

Roma striker Alessandro Mancini, Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas and Valencia's Portuguese defender Luis Miguel are also included.

Lippi will make a final check on his players’ fitness on Sunday evening and will announce the entire Europe XI squad at a press conference on Monday at the Headquarters of the European Commission in Brussels. ManUtd.com will bring you news of the squad confirmation as soon as we have it.

Over 70,000 tickets have now been sold for the match, proceeds from which will go to The Manchester United Foundation, setting an all-time record for a non-competition match at Old Trafford.

It means only 2,000 tickets remain, as the capacity has been set at 72,000 in order to accommodate two giant screens that will be used during a pre-match entertainment sequence which will feature action and memorable moments from the matches United have played in UEFA competitions since the club’s debut 50 years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cripple him imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Easter Monday is in April </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay I have no idea why I thought that Monday was something "special" then. Very odd...skip it then I'll have a think & see how I feel about it tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EdBed:

If your lot & Watford were to meet in the final would Ben Foster have to sit it out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yes he would

He will also miss out on the Semi final when we draw them

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Mancini is a striker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. A winger/forward when Roma play 451 with Totti up by himself. Whenever I see players positions misstated in press releases I generally assume ignorance/something being lost in translation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

that europe xi squad looks a bit good now icon_frown.gif

i'd have definitely gone if it were in may. useless c**ts. mon crippling mancini anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mancini to spend the whole game trying to injure ronaldo tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It will be between us and Chelsea spurs to see whose on Tele

BBC might get one and Sky the other </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

putting aside the possibilities of fixture pile up and ignoring the fact that it was or main title rivals playing today etc, i was annoyed by the fact that bbc might now show the chelsea/spurs replay now rather than united/boro.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

No. A winger/forward when Roma play 451 with Totti up by himself. Whenever I see players positions misstated in press releases I generally assume ignorance/something being lost in translation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He played up front for much of last season tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

No. A winger/forward when Roma play 451 with Totti up by himself. Whenever I see players positions misstated in press releases I generally assume ignorance/something being lost in translation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

totti does not play up front on his own ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

that europe xi squad looks a bit good now icon_frown.gif

i'd have definitely gone if it were in may. useless c**ts. mon crippling mancini anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mancini to spend the whole game trying to injure ronaldo tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

carragher and/or gerrard more of a threat in that sense i fear. would anyone put it past stevie g la to put in one his infamous two-footed tackles on our Ronnie?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

totti does not play up front on his own ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually happens a fair bit to be fair due to their lack of other strikers. James is right, Mancini played up front a lot last season but the vast majority of the time, as far as I've been able to gather from stuff I've read/seen this season Totti's been playing as a lone front man with a hardworking 5 man midfield that uses Mancini/Taddei on the flanks to support him.

Their other "strikers" have barely featured this season. Vucinic has started 3 and made 15 sub appearances while Tavano arrived on loan in Jan and as started 4 and come on 3 times.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

who was that french keeper who played in the munich testimonial who kept on coming out of goal etc and was generally funny?

should have got him in for this game (although he is probably about 40 now) or barthez. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can't remember his name, and no amount of googling is helping icon_frown.gif

totti does not play up front on his own ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he has been tbph

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

who was that french keeper who played in the munich testimonial who kept on coming out of goal etc and was generally funny?

should have got him in for this game (although he is probably about 40 now) or barthez. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can't remember his name, and no amount of googling is helping icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pascal Olmeta \O/

http://red11.org/mufc/matftest.htm

ok. clarification please.

just reading through the chelsea-spurs thread. surprised to see so many of you wanting them to win that game this morning. i haven't studied the fixture list at all, so does the league game with them not get put back if we beat boro but they lose to spurs? and if not why not? and if so... then why are you all cheering them on ffs?

cant understand wanting Chelsea to win tbh

far too many factors to consider beyond simply 'more games for them = better chance of league for us' ... we should be hoping for them to be sh*t and lose as often as possible frankly

plus I like Spurs and Berbatov ifb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">then why are you all cheering them on ffs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

i dont trust us to beat boro at home tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

United v a European XI? last time that happened was 98/99. All the signs are falling into place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was an Eric Cantona XI, no?

Archived