The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

hmm just got my Blackburn ticket in the post

completely contrary to the areas I applied for, got seat in South Stand Lower... row BB icon_biggrin.gif

well at least it'll be a new experience... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sat in silence with no cuss words \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnson8:

Anyone with any updates on the youth cup match? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

0-0 at H/T, but that was a while ago now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnson8:

0-0 at H/T, but that was a while ago now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, any chance with goal updates etc.?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

0-0 at H/T, but that was a while ago now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, any chance with goal updates etc.? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No clue sorry, I was going on a text from Juni about 45mins ago icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Yeah I thought that aswell icon_frown.gif

Maybe its just the academy league games, not the cups. Stupid Glazers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah. it's always been reserve league games free to st holders/members, reserve cup games and youth cup games normal price. academy league games are free to anyone.

and yeah, the youth cup game finished 1-0. those who went will be able to say better but by all accounts we deserved at least a draw, and we're still in a good position for the return. team was as i suspected earlier - amos, eckersley, cleverley, chester, cathcart, welbeck, galbraith, drinkwater, hewson, brandy, fagan.

mart, did you apply for roma with my number?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

we were in for berbatov in the summer before he went to spurs or last few seasons im sure of it but fergie couldn't guarantee first team football iirc. ill try and dig up a link </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think Berbatov said we were after him but he wanted spurs as they had been intrested in him for so long he wanted to repay there faith or something like that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Couldn't tell the Glazers apart probably. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Either that or he was refering to SAF and Carlos :|

Succinct icon_biggrin.gif

Berbatov pls Fergie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't Berbatov say at the beginning of the season he snubbed us? Why would he come now?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Succinct icon_biggrin.gif

Berbatov pls Fergie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't Berbatov say at the beginning of the season he snubbed us? Why would he come now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah whatever icon_smile.gif

I only managed to see the first half of the cup game last night and we did well in that half. It was a very even game.

Arsenal though mirror their first team at all levels, fantastic passing side but a bit weak up top.

Onto Berbatov, please sign him up. 19 goals this season so far and he just gets better by the game. His all round play is fantastic.

If we could sign him i think he would do better for us than Ruud and thats saying something.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

why do you say that taz? not seen anything to make me think he oculd be as prolific as ruud and it may be a popular misconception but doesnt he struggle for goals away from WHL? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasnt a better as in score more goals but i do think in Berbatov there is a 30 goal a season striker with a great all round game.

Apparently there are a couple of options with what to do with the South stand.

1. Build a cantilevered structure over the railway, not sure how feasible this is. May only be able to fit an extra 10,000 or so in doing this.

2. Build over the railway at extremely high cost when you factor in buying the houses as well. Seeing as though the north stand added 11,000 seats and the quadrants 8,000, it should take the overall attendance to 95,000.

Here are some renders that I came across of what Old Trafford could look like, scroll down the page.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

If we could sign him i think he would do better for us than Ruud and thats saying something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh give me a break icon_biggrin.gif

ruud >>>> berbatov. no doubt.

last night was good though i missed the first 5 minutes so largely had to guess who was who.

i thought brandy looked like a livewire but he tried to do too much at times when a simple shot would suffice. still, raw pace to burn and a tricky player.

thought welbeck drifted a bit, may have been better off the bench, but again he looks very exciting for the future. i can see the wanchope comparison, though maybe thats just because he's leggy and quick.

was number 11 danny galbraith? because i thought he was the standout player for us, very composed and calm. impressed by ben amos in goal and our captain too.

as for arsenal i think they probably deserved the win overall, just about, they had a very physical, solid defence (including hoyte's brother and that traore lad(?)) that we struggled to break down. up front they lacked though and i thought their keeper looked suspect. as for fran merida, my gooner mate said he was no.4 - if he was i thought he was average, if he was no.10 i thought he was very composed and looked promising.

will be a close 2nd leg but i see arsenal nicking through tbh, we may struggle to breach their backline

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

1. Build a cantilevered structure over the railway, not sure how feasible this is. May only be able to fit an extra 10,000 or so in doing this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that would be prohibitively expensive as well. you'd have to knock down the entire stand and basically start it again in the likely event that the foundations for the front of the stand are ill equipped to cope with the extra stress caused by the added weight to the rear.

it wouldn't just be a case of taking off the roof and adding the extension, put it that way. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived