The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red&white army:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

isn't pique playing in the middle for zaragoza? sure i heard taz mention that basically every time he reports back on how he's doing.

kinda brings down his list of competitors to john o'shea, then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zaragoza have a great partnership at centre back so Pique more often than not plays Right Back or Centre Mid like our own John O'Shea.

He plays a lot for them though, a lot of starts and for a top 5 team in La Liga he doesnt look out of his depth at all, he looks like he belongs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For Pique to make it players like Silvestre and Fletcher need to go. and also Richardson, but thats just because he's rubbish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for a defender to make it we need to sell 2 midfielders? interesting logic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering he plays in midfield aswell, then yes, Silvestre (a defender) and Fletcher (a midfielder) would need to move on. Richardson was a completely unrelated point. he just needs to be sold.

If you add a central midfield player as well as Rossi and Pique to our current squad its too big, so some of the current back up players would need to go. Pique won't be 1st choice next year, so we'd sell a back up player to accomodate him.

VDS, Foster, Kuszczak

Nev, Rio, Vidic, Brown, Evra, Heinze, Silvestre,

O'Shea, Pique (play at the back and mid)

Ronny, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, new player, Giggs, Park, Richardson,

Saha, Rooney, Smith, Ole, Rossi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

with rooney around rossi will never make it in the first team? simply no place for him as he's not a target man </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But there should be. Rooney plays everygame no matter how crap he is and it has to stop. If he isnt on form or hes suspended/injured whatever then we have young Rossi who is the ideal man to step in and replace him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we've also played rooney further forward when we've had to. There's nothing to stop us playing them together when the need arises.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Holte End 13,500

Trinity Road (main stand ) 13,000

North Stand 7,300

Doug Ellis 9,100 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Common sense would indicate we get the Holte End and the Trinity Road end or at least most of it.

i doubt rossi will be happy playing all of about 7 games a season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

06/07 Appearences

Wayne Rooney - 38 starts, 3 sub appearences

Louis Saha - 25 starts, 7 sub appearences

Henrik Larsson - 10 starts, 3 sub appearences

Ole Solskjaer - 11 starts, 10 sub appearences

Alan Smith - 3 starts, 4 sub appearences

Given the cups and the need to rest people if we get far in them all i think Rossi would play enough games each season. Dont forget the times we have played a non forward like Giggs up top.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Tuesday May 8th is rumoured atm for that game because quite frankly Chelsea have no other date to play it, given the FA refuse to extend the season beyond the 13th. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would that mean you're also playing on the Thursday?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red&white army:

how many games do you need to play to qualify for a medal in the Prem? I'm not saying we've won it yet, but I'm just curious as to which players could be short of the required appearances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Tuesday May 8th is rumoured atm for that game because quite frankly Chelsea have no other date to play it, given the FA refuse to extend the season beyond the 13th. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would that mean you're also playing on the Thursday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thurs 10th May is earmarked for Spurs H, which is scheduled for April 7th, but Spurs are in Seville on April 5th and are allowed to ask for a 24 hour delay to that game. We're unlikely to accept because we're in Valencia on Tues 10th April, so the next available date is then, apparently.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

lumping balls up to Rossi and Rooney icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bring it on icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we're not exactly known for lumping balls forward, and i don't see the difference betwen lumping them forward to those two as to some combination of Rooney with Ole, Larsson or Giggs either, which we've had to do on numerous occasions this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha fantastic, after the game in Rome, we'll be kept inside the stadium for NINETY minutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generally when they say 10 it ends up as 60 and when they say 90 it becomes 30.

Would that mean you're also playing on the Thursday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thurs 10th May is earmarked for Spurs H, which is scheduled for April 7th, but Spurs are in Seville on April 5th and are allowed to ask for a 24 hour delay to that game. We're unlikely to accept because we're in Valencia on Tues 10th April, so the next available date is then, apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems far more sensible to play sun - tue - sun that week by accepting spurs request than to play sat - tue - thu - sun in the final week, surely?

• Administrators

Probably, but the problem then is getting from London to Valencia and then having enough time to prepare on the Monday including training at the Mestalla. Something JM evidently appears to not be comfortable with, and with the league gone I guess he wants to have as much time for the other competitions as possible.

It's like this, a tad messy

Sat, March 31 - Watford (a) - Premiership

Wed, April 4 - Valencia (h) - Champions League

*Sat, April 7 - Tottenham (h) - Premiership

Tue, April 10 - Valencia (a) - Champions League

Sun, April 15 - Blackburn (neutral venue) - FA Cup

Wed, April 18 - West Ham (a) - Premiership

Sat, April 21 - Newcastle (a) - Premiership

**Tue/Wed, April 24/25 - Liverpool or PSV Eindhoven - Champions League

Sat, April 28 - Bolton (h) - Premiership

**Tue/Wed, May 1/2 - Liverpool or PSV Eindhoven - Champs League

Sat, May 5 - Arsenal (a) - Premiership

***Tue, May 8 - Manchester United (h) - Premiership

***Thu, May 10 - Tottenham (h) - Premiership

Sun, May 13 - Everton (h) - Premiership

**Sat, May 19 - FA Cup Final (Wembley)

**Wed, May 23 - Champions League final (Athens)

*Subject to postponement

**Subject to winning matches in previous round

***Not yet arranged

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

are the erm parentals planning on going to the semi? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whooooooooooooore

god i better get a ticket for this semi. i'll batter some one year season ticket numpty outside villa park if needs be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

'with the league gone' icon_biggrin.gif

Stop with your damn anti-jinxing Juni icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. So he shouldn't worry about the four games in 8 days then, as they're league games and therefore meaningless, Juni?

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Exactly. So he shouldn't worry about the four games in 8 days then, as they're league games and therefore meaningless, Juni? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said I was worried about them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Exactly. So he shouldn't worry about the four games in 8 days then, as they're league games and therefore meaningless, Juni? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said I was worried about them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'he' was Jose, not you.

tbf Jose hasn't said it either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want to bet that he won't?

he's rubbish

tad harsh maybe, but the only reason he's still with us is to make up the numbers in the reserve squad really. any reason you ask? (bear in mind if he's signed for Leeds i will laugh)

ah sir alex, you do make me want to cry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "We have a squad deep in ability and this is something I have been preparing for. I am not bringing in players who are cold, out of touch with the team. Heinze, Smit h, Park, O'Shea and Richardson - these are players who will win the league for us. Without them we would be lost" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

You are laughing then. He's joined as "short-term cover for reserve team football" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, you'll be alright as long as he's kept to reserve football. any idea if it's permanent or a loan? he went on loan to Everton to play in their reserves earlier in the season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">any idea if it's permanent or a loan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Short term suggests a loan I think? But a few on the Leeda thread are starting to suspect we've ****ed up the short-term loan rules and have had too many this season.

He will make his debut tonight.

so upset I can't go to the semi. icon_frown.gif

btw you should all get tickets, everybody gets Blackburn (just over 6,000 tickets) and say the minimum the allocation is going to be double that (12,000) it looks promising.

but if you need to go to the semi to get a final ticket there will probably be loads of *****.

no you can't use my membership number BBB, i'm going to apply with it and sell the ticket to a friend if I get it, just incase you need to have been to the semi to get a final ticket.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

so upset I can't go to the semi. icon_frown.gif

btw you should all get tickets, everybody gets Blackburn (just over 6,000 tickets) and say the minimum the allocation is going to be double that (12,000) it looks promising. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, but a cup semi is a different proposition to blackburn away for loads of our fans, and so many are on the auto cup scheme now that applications will exceed the allocation i reckon.

Archived