The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You're a ****ing WYCOMBE FAN for christs sake </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...who's only been to the Chelsea ties.

Christ you don't do much to endear yourself to people Pickles.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You're from BOLTON ffs

(iirc icon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not really the point is it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

You're from BOLTON ffs

(iirc icon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I am from Bolton, I've been a red since I can remember, I'm also a ****ing season ticket holder, I hate playing fan top trumps but I've been to every home (bar pompey) and several aways, travelled the length of the country, spent an utter fortune and I might not get a ticket when some twat who's not even a "red" will get one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

...who's only been to the Chelsea ties.

Christ you don't do much to endear yourself to people Pickles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Season ticket ordered for next season already, only because of my community service I didn't have one this year.

I don't get to see United much so couldn't gaf if people are miffed cos I can get tickets and they can't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah I am from Bolton, I've been a red since I can remember, I'm also a ****ing season ticket holder, I hate playing fan top trumps but I've been to every home (bar pompey) and several aways, travelled the length of the country, spent an utter fortune and I might not get a ticket when some twat who's not even a "red" will get one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I went to Pompey, so +1 for me icon_wink.gif

I know what you mean, but you're really going to hold the fact that I might get a ticket against me? If you're a season ticket holder, live less than a mile away from OT, know loads of ST holders and go to a load of aways etc, surely you can get a ticket?

I have no chance of getting one in a ballot so need as many other options as possible.

Why didn't you bother with any of the other games this season, one might call them the lesser games? Like Watford at the like, THATS what really angers me.

As soon as we get a decent game, all the twats come out of the woodwork.

I've got "contacts" yes and me and every other season ticket holder that gets chubbed will be trying to get one, I'm going down either way.

So I can't support my local side as well as the side I've been brought up with?

When I started supporting United, Wycombe were playing non-league football at a ground which is now a hospital carpark.

It's not as if I was supporting two league teams and I'm not going to just drop a team who i've been a season ticket holder with since I was 7 years old cos they made it to the football league.

I've got the same old excuse for supporting United - my dad does. But he's supported them since he was a nipper (went to '68 Cup Final) and I had no choice who I supported.

So I can't support my local side as well as the side I've been brought up with? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Plus you like England iirc which is the ultimate sin.

From September to February I had community service every Saturday so that ruled them out. Weeknights I can't get up in time without taking 2 days off work. Sundays can't do for similar reasons. I don't drive, so need to get someone else to come up and I've only got one mate who drives and is a United fan.

So it's tough, but I get up whenever I can. So, when a game is closer to where I live and I have a chance of a ticket and of getting there, then what's the problem.

If I could, I'd go to every game. I hate having to turn tickets down, but sometimes it just can't be done

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Pickles is just exploiting an unfair system. You should be sending another mail to your mate Gill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I complain enough he'll end up taking my ST off me icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

you had no choice yet you've somehow ended up 'supporting' two sides? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live 2 miles from Adams Park, so went to watch Wycombe. My dad got me season tickets from age 7 to about 16, then i got my own for two years before I went to Uni. But that's cos they're my hometown club and I support them

My dad is only United, but goes to watch Wycombe cos he likes football. So when I came along he got me into United too - whenever he went to OT he took me and hence I supported United.

Would it be a problem if Wycombe were back in the Ryman League and hadn't got to a Cup semi final twice in the past 6 years?

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final, AS Roma v Manchester United

Wednesday 4 April, kick off 20:45 (C.E.T)

We will receive an allocation of 4500 tickets priced €23and €100

What the frigging hell, just sneaked that on there, the bastards icon_biggrin.gif

• Administrators

no ta, I'll be at Old Trafford that weekend continuing my run of every Cup game this season.

I know you're not the only person who supports two sides but that doesn't make it any more right. Simply a baffling concept to me anyway.

no ta, I'll be at Old Trafford that weekend continuing my run of every Cup game this season.

I know you're not the only person who supports two sides but that doesn't make it any more right. Simply a baffling concept to me anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see what you're saying, but at the time, and even now tbf, there was/is never going to be a conflict of interest by supporting United as well as what then was just a local side.

All it affected was due to my United bias, Wycombe losing to Chelsea made me really píssed off when every other Wycombe fan was just enjoying the day. icon_biggrin.gif

So in a nutshell, I know what you're saying, but 15 years ago it was a completely different situation.

Sooner they get rid of international football the better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif x number of posts by me with the word "Ruud" in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Sooner they get rid of international football the better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif x number of posts by me with the word "Ruud" in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

727 since Nov 2004, in case you're interested.

God it's a boring Friday afternoon icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ruud on Ronaldo from RI:

For me it would be good if he came here.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

leave off our best players you horse faced over rated one dimensional has been goal scoring machine

icon_mad.gif

just to put an end to the ruud love in

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

just to put an end to the ruud love in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never happening, ul.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ruud on Ronaldo from RI:

For me it would be good if he came here.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

leave off our best players you horse faced over rated one dimensional has been goal scoring machine

icon_mad.gif

just to put an end to the ruud love in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jules :*********)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Ruud > Ronaldo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I'm struggling to comprehend a three door car.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

_ _

| |

/ ☺ ☺ \

/ ☺ ☺|

|_ _|

</pre>

Like that? What's the point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

_ _

| |

/ ☺ ☺ \

/ ☺ ☺|

|_ _|

</pre>

Like that? What's the point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just enough doors for Ruud, Mika and I :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

_ _

| |

/ ☺ ☺ \

/ ☺ ☺|

|_ _|

</pre>

Like that? What's the point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just enough doors for Ruud, Mika and I :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Who is driving?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> However, Real striker Van Nistelrooy admits prising Ronaldo away from United could prove to be a problem.

"He is a very good player despite being only 22 years old. The best in the world," Van Nistelrooy told Spanish radio station Cadena SER.

"Physically and technically he has learned a lot.

"For me it would be good if he came here. But it will be difficult to get Manchester United to let him escape."

Van Nistelrooy added: "In training (at United) everything was good. There was chemistry."

Ronaldo is currently in talks with The Red Devils about extending his current contract, which expires in 2010, through 2012. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** off you horsed face twat

Archived