The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

so when reyes and co say it you'll be fine with it icon_smile.gif

excellent stuff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes? He's well within his rights to?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> However, Real striker Van Nistelrooy admits prising Ronaldo away from United could prove to be a problem.

"He is a very good player despite being only 22 years old. The best in the world," Van Nistelrooy told Spanish radio station Cadena SER.

"Physically and technically he has learned a lot.

"For me it would be good if he came here. But it will be difficult to get Manchester United to let him escape."

Van Nistelrooy added: "In training (at United) everything was good. There was chemistry."

Ronaldo is currently in talks with The Red Devils about extending his current contract, which expires in 2010, through 2012. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Go and cry about your dead dad' was 'good chemistry'?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Sorry Ali btw, this isn't what I wanted icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. Me neither.

Let's just agree to hate Richardson.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

yeh because we know he said it iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not actually trying to get on his back about stuff in all honesty. I don't know what was said, but all reports were that the two weren't the best of mates.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

yeh because we know he said it iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah the bloke from the chip shop overheard someone saying it and told RI remember.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Giggs backs Hargreaves move

Ryan Giggs has backed Sir Alex Ferguson in his lengthy pursuit of Owen Hargreaves, insisting the England midfielder would ensure Manchester United are 'really strong'.

Ferguson attempted to prise Hargreaves from Bayern Munich in the summer transfer window after his impressive displays at the World Cup, but the German champions were steadfast in their refusal to sell.

A broken leg sustained in the opening weeks of the Bundesliga season led Hargreaves to focus on his recovery, but with the winter transfer window just weeks away, the Bayern star has again made no secret of his desire to move to Old Trafford.

Ferguson is expected to reignite his interest in the tenacious midfielder come January, and Giggs is convinced that the addition of Hargreaves would further strengthen United as they aim to hold off a strong title challenge from Chelsea.

"He is a player who would improve us. You want strength in depth and we would be really strong with him," Giggs told The Sun.

"Hargreaves is a quality player and showed that in the summer (at the World Cup)." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG HANG THE WELSH SCUMBAG (not you Gregg), HOW DARE HE TALK ABOUT ANOTHER PLAYER icon_mad.gif

This gets better, so you want him to come out and say:

"Oh Ronaldo is a great player, he'd be great here and would help us do well, but I love United more and would much rather fail myself than have a chance at winning anything. It's a shame, I'd like to win some medals but I'd much rather lose and have United win."

Get a grip.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

just trying to stir up some debate.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're being complete rubbish and worse than Pickles.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're being complete rubbish and worse than Pickles.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're being complete rubbish and worse than Pickles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're a dead man

This gets better, so you want him to come out and say:

"Oh Ronaldo is a great player, he'd be great here and would help us do well, but I love United more and would much rather fail myself than have a chance at winning anything. It's a shame, I'd like to win some medals but I'd much rather lose and have United win."

Get a grip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Winning medals not really Ruud's forte, mind icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> More Richardson

Friday, March 23, 2007

"There are no mixed feelings for me not being involved in Tel Aviv because I am not playing regularly for my club side and don't feel I deserve to be at this moment in time." But playing at any level for your country is a great honour. My aim is to get back into the full squad but if I have to go back to go forward that is fine by me. We have got a great squad at Manchester United and I am sure I will get my chance again. If you are playing well for your club you have always got a great chance of playing for your country. United are playing so well at the moment and the starting XI is doing so well so when you come into the side it is very hard and you have play so well. I am a Manchester United player and have still got two years left on my contract." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two years icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

you had no choice yet you've somehow ended up 'supporting' two sides? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live 2 miles from Adams Park, so went to watch Wycombe. My dad got me season tickets from age 7 to about 16, then i got my own for two years before I went to Uni. But that's cos they're my hometown club and I support them

My dad is only United, but goes to watch Wycombe cos he likes football. So when I came along he got me into United too - whenever he went to OT he took me and hence I supported United.

Would it be a problem if Wycombe were back in the Ryman League and hadn't got to a Cup semi final twice in the past 6 years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not wanting to drag up an old debate, but I am honestly curious, because like others I can't wrap my head round the concept of supporting two teams. For example, I was born in Davyhulme; my mam was Salford born and bred and a United fan her whole life, but I've always lived in Derby. I have a certain fondness for Derby, but it's always United and only United for me. My question is that you say you wouldn't expect it to be such a big debating point if they were a non-league side; well what if they got into the Premiership? Or if one of their great cup runs saw them drawn against United? Where would your loyalties lie?

for the love of all things unatural and keiron richardson.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about Ruud van bloody mother humping Nistel****ingroy.

And before mika starts his usual bleat, there is no other ex player that's had even 1000th of the posts devoted to him even though there are dozens who are more deserving of it, so if Mark and I want to spend 5 pages debating Ralph ****ing Milne that's got NOTHING to do with you so called right to bang on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about your dutch w*nk fantasy.

OK?

It's great, we weren't even having a Ruud debate or anything, merely mentioning him and Jules has to come in and post provocative nonsense as usual and start one.

Then everybody will moan and blame me icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Told you so icon14.gif

It's great, we weren't even having a Ruud debate or anything, merely mentioning him and Jules has to come in and post provocative nonsense as usual and start one.

Then everybody will moan and blame me icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Told you so icon14.gif

His irritableness clearly a side effect of having Mart lodged so far up his backside on his hunt for away tickets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good grief.

what has become of our wonderful little community within a community icon_frown.gif

look, this is daft. Matt mentions Ruud lots, as do Ryan, me, ant, Saha and others. maybe a bit more than other people get mentioned, don't see why that particularly matters. if others didn't try to get a rise every time it happens (and they know who they are), the original comments would barely be even noticed, let alone spark a page-long **** out of epic proportions.

it's all a bit lame to deliberately provoke an RvN-related mongfest and then moan about an RvN-related mongfest. bit like the rubbish united fans who desperately try to get certain rival supporters to unleash munich chants so they can get all outraged.

ENOUGH ALREADY

I provoked nothing, and I'm only doing this because it's Friday afternoon.

But, seriously, I really don't think there's ANYTHING that any of us can say about Ruud that hasn't been said 100 times before and we should all, no matter which side of the fence, think twice before mentioning him, if anything to simply avoid the bloody repetition.

Ryan's the exception.

Archived