The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

silly cow should have been watching the game. was probably too busy fussing over poor ronaldo being knocked over to notice the ball speeding towards her mush

anyway, where's this observer article you were talking about?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

My mate (also a United fan) went to see the battle of the Joneses with a Derby season ticket holder yesters, bought a "Jones 7" shirt himself. Eejit.

Just a couple of idle thoughts/questions re: the match; firstly - Ronnie's freekick. Is it me or did he hit it in the more traditional way, curling the ball with the inside of his boot? While it's feasible he mishit it, if it WAS intentional and he can get the kind of power and accuracy with efforts like that and still alternate to his more usual 'hit across the ball and watch it go batshit' method, he's gonna be a real danger.

Secondly, with Johnny presumably going into RB for Roma, is there a silver lining to the ominous thundercloud of Vida's injury, since Fergie can't play his usual 4-5-1? As far as I can see the only way he can would be dropping Giggs into midfield, and I can't see him playing Wazza or a half-fit Smudger (in for Park with Rooney moving to the wing) alone up front. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about the accuracy part since his free-kick was deflected by the wall.

And his pass to Brown was also deflected and ended up at Carrick to score.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Rio told the woman (who he belted the ball at) to wait for a few minutes after full time, came out and gave her his shirt.

fantastic stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wp Rio icon14.gif, although I do agree with what Nick said about shed should be watching the game.

Well what can I say about the mtch yesterday apart from Get in! Thought before the match that this was one huge potential bananna skin and at half time my fears were vindicated, but we should the character of champions (again) and fully deserved the three points.

thought it was going to be 'one of those days' in the second half when we threw everything at them and still couldnt score and then just when I begin to think we have blown it , the ginger prince pops up and scores a really well taken goal. When Carricks goal went in I was still trying to wonder who on earth Giggs missed the open goal minutes before, it was actually another well taken goal by Carrick (so many players would have smashed that instead of gently placing it). Good follow up play by Park for his goal very similar to one of his goals against Bolton, just hope he keeps his goal scoring up because he works his socks off for the team whenever he plays and deserves a few more goals. The icing on the cake yestereday was an Ole goal great play by Rooney & Parky and a finish we have come to expect from our number 20.

MoM: Ronaldo - constant threat and again was probably the difference between one point and three.

2nd: Michael Carrick - was very impressed yesterday and took his goal very well.

Honorable mentions: Scholesy, Park, Rio & Gabby.

AFFG: Brown

P.S. Was probably the best atmosphere I have experienced in North Stand yesterday was absolutley awesome at the start of the second half and went stragith through until then end (apart from people leaving with a good 15 minutes to go ffs icon_mad.gif) .

5 more wins.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

Just a couple of idle thoughts/questions re: the match; firstly - Ronnie's freekick. Is it me or did he hit it in the more traditional way, curling the ball with the inside of his boot? While it's feasible he mishit it, if it WAS intentional and he can get the kind of power and accuracy with efforts like that and still alternate to his more usual 'hit across the ball and watch it go batshit' method, he's gonna be a real danger.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can hit free kicks like this and has done before. If you look at various compilations on youtube you will see some hes scored like that for Portugal.

Heres one in he did when warming up pre match before on of our games.

Heres one for Portugal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Didnt realise Rio apologised so much for kicking the ball into the womans face. Commentator on FF saying hes just gone into the crowd to apologise in person 10 minutes after he hit her. Thats after apologising a few times with the hand every few mins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he didn't go into the crowd. he did come over loads though and had a laugh with her at full-time.

talking of full-time, god i hate the way people leave early in situations like that. the team have worked their arses off and played a blinder, they deserve a full stadium applauding them off. 'koff part-timers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbf, Nick, some of us are given ridiculously short times to get to buses/cars after the game. The scouse game, for example, I was seated(? Yeah, right icon_biggrin.gif) at the back of the Stretty T2. After the game finished, getting out of, and away from the stadium to the bus was a nightmare, which ended with me missing the bus home.

Then there was the Boro' replay. icon_frown.gif

I'm left with a dilemma every game. Get to the bus in plenty of time, or watch all of the game.

Mostly, football wins out, but there have been times when I left early just to make sure I got on the feckin' bus home.

So it may be that Some leave early for that very reason. We're not all Manchester locals, are we ? icon_wink.gif

That's fair Eddie, still doesn't excuse the cuuunts next to me that have the same routine every game

arrive

10 mins before half time, disappear downstairs

10 mins after half time, arrive back

10 mins till FT, fuuuuck off

missed SO many goals this season

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">10 mins after half time, arrive back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was me last week icon_frown.gif Stupid Wembley staff taking forever to serve everyone. Missed 2 good goals. And got abuse by Hammers fans icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Tbf, Nick, some of us are given ridiculously short times to get to buses/cars after the game. The scouse game, for example, I was seated(? Yeah, right icon_biggrin.gif) at the back of the Stretty T2. After the game finished, getting out of, and away from the stadium to the bus was a nightmare, which ended with me missing the bus home.

Then there was the Boro' replay. icon_frown.gif

I'm left with a dilemma every game. Get to the bus in plenty of time, or watch all of the game.

Mostly, football wins out, but there have been times when I left early just to make sure I got on the feckin' bus home.

So it may be that Some leave early for that very reason. We're not all Manchester locals, are we ? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh, that's fair enough ofc (after wigan on boxing day i only just got there in time and i hardly ambled). don't understand quite why there's such a short period of time to get back for some coaches really. that's a decent excuse - that and possibly missing a train is the only excuse really. people who leave to beat the traffic infuriate me, people who leave to avoid a couple of minutes queueing on the stairwells need a slap (unless they have small kids/elderly relatives with them, guess that's fair), people who f**k off to get a pie after half an hour need to be on the recieving end of an angry rio ferdinand howitzer.

wp on the semi final tickets lads, not my credit card so i'll have to wait for the ballot. icon_frown.gif

Oh and on the leaving early thing, many people leave to get the train, which is chaos. Only two trains come, and if you miss the first one you can end up waiting half an hour for the second, just so you could watch injury time.

But leaving 10 mins before HT and only coming back 10 mins into the second half is a disgrace.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">10 mins after half time, arrive back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was me last week icon_frown.gif Stupid Wembley staff taking forever to serve everyone. Missed 2 good goals. And got abuse by Hammers fans icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, that I don't understand. You're clearly not getting served before HT is over, give up and go back to your seat?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Oh and on the leaving early thing, many people leave to get the train, which is chaos. Only two trains come, and if you miss the first one you can end up waiting half an hour for the second, just so you could watch injury time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i appreciate that's an issue if you've another train/flight to catch, but if not surely half an hour's waiting is no big deal whatsoever? just applauding the lads off after a performance like yesterday would be worth having to hang around for half an hour, let alone the fact that with United there's always the chance you're going to miss 4/5 goals a season even if you leave on 89/90 minutes.

i just don't get the mindset of people who are so bothered about being stuck in queues. it's easy for me to say now when i generally stroll home afterwards, but back when i was travelling up from 200-300 miles away i'd still never have dreamt of leaving before the end. what does an extra 20-30 minutes in the car matter really, especially if you're going to get back late anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

That was me last week icon_frown.gif Stupid Wembley staff taking forever to serve everyone. Missed 2 good goals. And got abuse by Hammers fans icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, that I don't understand. You're clearly not getting served before HT is over, give up and go back to your seat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and yeah, i agree with that. surely going 45 more minutes without a pie isn't the end of the world?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Waiting for the tram at Piccadilly yesterday to get to Bury we got asked by several different people how they get to Old Trafford was quite sad really icon_frown.gif

Also one had a manc accent... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i got asked how to get to the willows. had no idea icon_frown.gif

just pointed in the general direction of langworthy and said 'try that way mate'. he was surprisingly grateful, all things considered.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and yeah, i agree with that. surely going 45 more minutes without a pie isn't the end of the world? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wasn't going for a pie, needed a drink, was absolutely parched and my throat was hurting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

The Willows is next to Salford Rugby club no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The Willows is salford rugby club no?

it's the home of salford city reds. worst thing is the gf used to literally 10 yards from the ground, just over the road.

although tbf, i only ever got there on the bus, and this fella was on a motorbike so telling him where to catch the M10 wasn't going to be much help

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i appreciate that's an issue if you've another train/flight to catch, but if not surely half an hour's waiting is no big deal whatsoever? just applauding the lads off after a performance like yesterday would be worth having to hang around for half an hour, let alone the fact that with United there's always the chance you're going to miss 4/5 goals a season even if you leave on 89/90 minutes.

i just don't get the mindset of people who are so bothered about being stuck in queues. it's easy for me to say now when i generally stroll home afterwards, but back when i was travelling up from 200-300 miles away i'd still never have dreamt of leaving before the end. what does an extra 20-30 minutes in the car matter really, especially if you're going to get back late anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would've killed for the chance to do that yesterday. icon_frown.gif

So i was reading the new RI earlier and i was on redrants

I read the start of one that said "I thought i'd write in and let you know about a recent emial i sent to David Gill"

I stopped there and looked at the name of the letter sender knowing fully well what it was going to say icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Waiting for the tram at Piccadilly yesterday to get to Bury we got asked by several different people how they get to Old Trafford was quite sad really icon_frown.gif

Also one had a manc accent... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i got asked how to get to the willows. had no idea icon_frown.gif

just pointed in the general direction of langworthy and said 'try that way mate'. he was surprisingly grateful, all things considered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty spot on, it's just up weaste lane.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Fergie made him learn to cook scottish as a punishment. LOOOOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You laugh but since he didn't he's missing out.

****-a-leakie soup so tasty.

what a result (in the end) \o/

Scholes is just so legendary :*)

brilliant that there's all this talk about the atmosphere, and I came out of the ground thinking it was pretty average, that's what South Stand does.. /o\

literally 95% of the game, from my position, the away fans were louder than our lot.

oh you'd all have loved one woman sat in front of me actually

was there before ko (wp) ... but I first noticed her CONSTANTLY looking up at the away fans/any of our fans singing with this glare of sheer disgust at daring to make noise.... then 10 minutes before HT she got up and headed off refreshment (at this stage I noticed the megastore bag she was carrying \o/) .... came back 5 minutes after 2nd half started... then left FIFTEEN minutes before the end icon_biggrin.gif

just fo

I didn't get asked for a ticket going up or down icon_cool.gif

Also had a great sing song on the train home with some cockney reds </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what train did you get on the way back?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I didn't get asked for a ticket going up or down icon_cool.gif

Also had a great sing song on the train home with some cockney reds </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what train did you get on the way back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>18:41 it was full of reds

Bar ran out of beer being the only downside best jorney i have had going to a football game (or in this case coming back)

the stretty was absolutely rocking yesterday. the acoustics of the south stand really must be atrocious :/

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah really must be, cos honestly I tried listening up and very rarely got anything from your end :/ did sound dead to me. bizarre.

Archived