The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Were the trams crammed for you Acou? I was in them yesterday, unbelievably cramped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only got one, from Pic to OT about 45 mins before ko

was surprisingly okay actually. I got on before it was busy at all and sat down. wasnt THAT bad even after picking up more fans along the way.

only 15 min journey or something anyway isnt it

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've given up on trams now the weather is improving, have walked there and back the last handful of games. it's a bastard of a walk but i reckon it cancels out any beer/pies i may consume around the stadium icon_cool.gif

the trams are getting ever more ridiculously jammed anyway it seems, and when it starts getting warm there is nothing worse than being crammed on one of those bad-boys

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

the stretty was absolutely rocking yesterday. the acoustics of the south stand really must be atrocious :/

well, either that or all the megastore carrier bags rustling drowned us out icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was pretty much the same when I sat there for the Everton game.

It always sounds grand when I'm in the Stretty, though. Pretty good in the East, too.

but seriously, standing is of course fb

probably best for my own safety too, when I jumped straight from sitting to standing/punching the air when Scholes scored yesterday, I completey lost my balance and was kinda half cheering half leaning backwards like a tw*t desperately trying not to fall onto the people behind.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

worst.song.ever </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

speaking of which, I demand Park be given a different song icon_mad.gif

I mean anti-scouse stuff is great and all, but Park deserves better than just a thinly/not at all veiled one of those.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the trams are getting ever more ridiculously jammed anyway it seems, and when it starts getting warm there is nothing worse than being crammed on one of those bad-boys </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye hate being crammed in them on a nice day (here is where someone would normally mention something about Manchester weather) as they're like a sauna. Though at least they have windows that open, unlike the modern express train coaches which are beasts on a hot day when the air con breaks down.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

and whoever said "5 MORE WINS" ... I hate you. making it sound so easy icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that I said 5 more wins please, so at least I was polite.

CBA to check but I doubt I was the only one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

it's my birthday three days before icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pfft at least fatty pays me back albeit slowly and irregulary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'd prefer the away game first, we get 2 goals and take a lead to Old Trafford, though Porto icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you exclude qualifiers, we've only scored two in the away leg of knockout european game 3 times since we won the cup winers cup in '91, and only once this decade.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

it's my birthday three days before icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pfft at least fatty pays me back albeit slowly and irregulary </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if he pays you back his full debt before i pay you back mine, you can double what i owe you icon14.gif

i'll have the money for the semi no problem. sorry to disappoint all the vultures circling

oh yeh dudes, got in an argument with 3 spurs fans on friday about glazer. they were saying we are in no worse a position with him in charge, the fact we're in net profit for transfers 'is proof of shrewd financial management' (i know), as long as we do well on the pitch no-one cares etc etc to the point where i left the pub in disgust.

i tried explaining it all but they wouldnt listen.

and yeah, i'd much rather be home first. keep it tight, don't concede any away goals and then pick them off on the counter in the second leg. if we played as we should play that'd be even more the case. as it is, with our current style, i can almost picture 0-0 in Rome and then them picking us off as we desperately try to manafacture a goal using our brilliant 451 at OT.

and yeah, i'd much rather be home first. keep it tight, don't concede any away goals and then pick them off on the counter in the second leg. if we played as we should play that'd be even more the case. as it is, with our current style, i can almost picture 0-0 in Rome and then them picking us off as we desperately try to manafacture a goal using our brilliant 451 at OT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really think we were lucky to avoid that against Lille. A 0-0 looked far more on the cards, especially given the nature of the goal we did score. Until that went in, i was really feeling it was going to be 0-0 away, score draw at home, which would be typical of us in europe over the years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

If you exclude qualifiers, we've only scored two in the away leg of knockout european game 3 times since we won the cup winers cup in '91, and only once this decade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a quick quiz, who can name the three opponents and the years?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Porto the other </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

0-0 and 1-2?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

my bad, I misread scored two icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when everyone is about to vote for Juni as most knowledgable user, just remember that word icon_biggrin.gif

third one Honved or something like that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which method, memory or Juni?

'94 first round, even then we lost that game 3-2, although we won the tie.

Archived