The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

It might have been an England game actually, I seem to think it was on a white shirt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i also thought that, but then i'm pretty certain it was united. when did england start lettering their shirts for games (aside from euro96/wc98)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

probably after Euro '96. Can't be as bad as Crouch though who had different numbers on the front and back of his shirt last year icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

eh, it's a 5.30 kickoff isn't it? why would i need to be up early? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all day drinking according to BBB

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

It might have been an England game actually, I seem to think it was on a white shirt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i also thought that, but then i'm pretty certain it was united. when did england start lettering their shirts for games (aside from euro96/wc98)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm well plenty pf memories but not much to go on. I think it was just BEFORE the wimbledon game where he scored from the halfway line. As I seem to remember thinking "Well they wont get it wrong again."

I went on to think "He'll probably go on to play for Real Madrid and LA Galaxy now" True story.

Thanks for your help so far lads btw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Manchester United Researcher

icon_biggrin.gif

i've heard that from Mart before. generally results in having 2-3 cans, complaining it's not very good and then falling asleep on the way home </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont pay THAT much attention so excuse the question, are you officially the united researcher now nick? Congrats if so. You have a hard task infront of you following "The Wizzard" or whatever his name was. It a paid gig?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmymc:

Odd one this lads but see if you can help.

Does anyone remember beckham playing in a shirt spelt "Beckam"? Would be very early season, thought charity sheild but cant find anything so could be a friendly. Im thinking 1996 probably. Pretty sure it was a substiute appearance.

A picture would be great but the name of the match would do. Ta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only thing i can find is this at the bottom of the article

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The August FourFourTwo includes shirt tales (Dan Rookwood, "Big Girl's Blouse!" 46–47), from unconventional post-match exchanges to embarrassing gaffes (like spelling David Beckham's name "Beckam" at the 1997 Charity Shield). See also the Washington Post's nice history of shirt exchanging </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.theglobalgame.com/gleaneng.html

icon_biggrin.gif

i've heard that from Mart before. generally results in having 2-3 cans, complaining it's not very good and then falling asleep on the way home </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

a hard task? icon_biggrin.gif

You could use a random name and number generator and do a better job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought he did? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Roy called me to explain his project at Sunderland and offered me the chance to play there as one of the main signings for next season. I am very honoured he called but I am happy here." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diego Forlan, interestingly. Keano clearly saw something there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

icon_biggrin.gif

i've heard that from Mart before. generally results in having 2-3 cans, complaining it's not very good and then falling asleep on the way home </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iirc we got drunk at Villa this season and I didn't fall asleep. so kiss my arse.

Just because you can't get up that early, you lazy, job dodging twat icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It's awesome having polack on ignore.

gtf morgan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*(

And you were biting as recent as yesterday.

Still shopping with your bezza mate must be awesome. :*****************)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It's awesome having polack on ignore.

gtf morgan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*(

And you were biting as recent as yesterday.

Still shopping with your bezza mate must be awesome. :*****************) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was texting her every 5 minutes in Rome. Would be talking & then he would go quiet. I turn round to see him hunched texting furiously on the sly thinking nobody would notice.

Also Keanos Sunderland won 2-1 with the two usual suspects starting as usual. Leaves them second on 76 points, thats 1 point behind top of league Derby.

Birmingham in third have a game in hand over them but they can only get to 77 if they win it. After that 4th is on 68 points so its looking great for Sunderland to come up and maybe even win the league.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Rossi hit a last minute winner for Parma today as they beat Livorno 1-0. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard about that.

Rossi. icon_cool.gif

Why did Fergie put out that side? Hard away game against one of our bogey sides?

That defence just doesnt inspire confidence in me. And VDS shocking. He was at fault for both goals.

Giggs was Richardson. Both sh!te.

Just awful from us and we didnt deserve to win it.

If the linesman got the decision right 10 seconds into the second half, we'd be 6 points clear after a comfortable win.

As it is, poor performance in the last half hour, didn't see the urgency and we REALLY needed that win, which goes without saying really.

I think people are overreacting somewhat. Yes VDS made a mistake again, we had a legitimate goal chalked off 10 seconds after the restart though. Had that gonme in the game would have been totally different.

After our exertions on Wednesday having to chase the game was the worst thing that could happen. Ronaldo was out on his feet for the last 30 minutes but you have to leave him on because he can make something out of nothing.

Richardson was dire as was Giggs. VDS was at fault for the goal again but apart from that I thought veryone else had a decent game. O'Shea had his best game for ages & I could count on one hand the amount of times he gave the ball away.

We just need to make sure we don't implode now. We were unlucky, we were tired & we were due one of those games.

that was the most obvious result ever. im nowhere near as bothered as i would be normally as it seemed so certain.

everything that could go wrong is at the moment. loss of vidic utterly massive, desperately missing neville going forward aswell, same for evra.

no idea why we played that side but there you go. its not completely over yet, some massive games coming up. we HAVE to win at everton and chelsea have a potentially tough trip to wet sham. problem now is that they will be utterly convinced we have blown this and our best chance is definitely us winning every single game as opposed to relying on them dropping points. arsenal have rock all to play for and will do us no favours, guaranteed.

fun while it lasted and all that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

On the brighter side, the Rent boys still have to win two more games than we do. icon_razz.gif

Maybe we needed this to make SAF see that playing Homohair is not in United's best interests.

JOS again, eh ? Makes you laugh, don't it ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, I forgot that the Chelsea game is a six-pointer. I know.

yeah. feeling a lot like a pace-setter in a marathon atm. matter of time before the c**t behind who's been desperately hanging on at times breezes past as we collapse.

can't see them dropping any more points, arsenal are pathetic atm, newcastle always are, where are they dropping points? we're nailed on to drop points at goodison (especially if we scrape through in europe and that will give us a semi final first leg a few days before) and stamford bridge, and probably at the council house as well. the momentum just completely shifted.

Richardson must never play for us again, simply unforgivable if he does. Giggs, more annoyingly, was every bit as pathetically poor, and has been for weeks now. Fergie got the tactics all wrong - Ole stuck out on the wing for long periods, Ronnie left wing and getting no joy, Scholesy not getting into any attacking positions at all, Rooney horrifically isolated. that coupled with a totally flat performance and a Portsmouth side in proper cup final mode (fair play to them, good performance, just a shame about the fans) has done us over today. gutting.

ps everyone ignore pires ffs

Archived