The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Mikel's better than Hargreaves, and would've been cheaper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>but not English, which might be important as well.

there is something to be said for having a domestic core to the team, and I think Manchester United has to be applauded for that.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

depends who the manager is really, and the atmosphere amongst the players. Ferguson's proven he can deal with big egos, JM is proving so with Mikel, it's undeniable fact those problems did exist earlier in the season but since he's screwed his head on he's played so well, only Essien's played better amongst our midfielders all season.

I will concede that the strong African core to our squad will have helped him settle far far better than he would have at OT but at the end of the day I think his talent and potential is so sky high £12m will prove a bargain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha, didn't realise o'shea scored icon_biggrin.gif

I stormed out when the 2nd went in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah James lost his clean sheet record icon_biggrin.gif after a mom performance he did a typical James **** up, shame he couldn't do it earlier, I knew he was going to be awesome today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You're worse than the people who sit next to you at Old Trafford tbh. Watch your team till the end, win, lose or draw.

BBB left early again ? icon_biggrin.gif

yeah potentially Mikel would have been a brilliant buy, however once his head wandered after those connected to Chelsea got involved, he was never going to be seen in a United shirt. To get £12m was a great result, considering he never played for us.

He has potential, but so many players have had potential, and like you say the situation they are in determines whether they are going to prosper.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Carrick and Scholes weren't good enough today mark, Carrick was abysmal, I just don't think he's good enough to dictate games, which he needs to do, esp as Scholes really will be getting on next season. I have more confidence with Fletcher in the tough games tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

while i'm, not carricks biggest fan, and would love hargreaves to come, they've been a good enough partnership for the majority of the season, and giggs simply doesn't cut it as a winger any more. He started the season well, but he's gone right off. He simply doesn't beat a man any more and should be no more than a backup (albeit a good one).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

You're worse than the people who sit next to you at Old Trafford tbh. Watch your team till the end, win, lose or draw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi i sit next to fat boy and i never leave before time ffs.

Speaking of which the cheeky git has enquired with the TO about swapping my seat for his as i have the aisle seat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

You're worse than the people who sit next to you at Old Trafford tbh. Watch your team till the end, win, lose or draw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi i sit next to fat boy and i never leave before time ffs.

Speaking of which the cheeky git has enquired with the TO about swapping my seat for his as i have the aisle seat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely you have to actually agree before such a thing could happen ? Hard luck, BBB, in that case ?

oh shut up wsr, why aren't you going the semi eh?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Visiting my sick Grandmother, a completely different scenario.

That defeat didn't hurt as much as the West Ham one, anyone feel the same?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

who did we buy? carrick? kooshack? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but we bought, yes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we sold rvn and mikel, we ended up 3m in the black, so unless we can do the same this summer then no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cobblers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our net outlay on transfers is still hugely lower under the Glazers than the PLC. You can shout cobblers all you like, but until we see them put their wallet where their mouths are, we're going to struggle.

For all that Carrick has improved the team, we're still more than anything this season a better team for having Scholes back, Ronaldo stepping up a level or two, and still at least a season too late in replacing giggs in the first XI and improving the squad depth (Richardson still starting games being the case in point).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Surely you have to actually agree before such a thing could happen ? Hard luck, BBB, in that case ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

unless a young 14 year old turns up to the Roma game in the seat next to Martin

We really were sh*t today tbh.

Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, Ronaldo really were woeful.

Our best 5 players this season have been, for me, Van Der Sar, Vidic, Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo.

Today one of them was out, one played alright but was at fault for both goals and the other three were ****.

This leads me to the cocnclusion that it was a bad day and all will be back to normal come Tuesday.

I'm an optimist.

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

I will concede that the strong African core to our squad will have helped him settle far far better than he would have at OT but at the end of the day I think his talent and potential is so sky high £12m will prove a bargain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that not worry you as well, with the number of players you'll lose to the African cup of nations for a significant time next season?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Surely you have to actually agree before such a thing could happen ? Hard luck, BBB, in that case ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

unless a young 14 year old turns up to the Roma game in the seat next to Martin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah there are a couple who sit next to us, the ones that leave early etc

i'd also like to point out apart from the first game fat arse always sits in the aisle seat

nearer the food downstairs see

Forgot to add, thought Fletcher had a decent enough game.

Richardson though, is utterly abysmal, and surely there is someone better in the reserves that Fergie could give a chance too now?

oh shut up wsr, why aren't you going the semi eh?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Visiting my sick Grandmother, a completely different scenario.

That defeat didn't hurt as much as the West Ham one, anyone feel the same? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mmmm my foot tastes good.

agreed with that, mainly as I was at west ham

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I will concede that the strong African core to our squad will have helped him settle far far better than he would have at OT but at the end of the day I think his talent and potential is so sky high £12m will prove a bargain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that not worry you as well, with the number of players you'll lose to the African cup of nations for a significant time next season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it terrifies me, Mourinho's thinking about it as he's pointed it out in plenty of interviews, and if he's staying as manager you can guarantee his transfer policy this summer will have that in the forefront of his mind.

Geremi, Essien, Mikel, Drogba, Kalou all disappearing for four weeks makes me cry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Would love to have seen Richardsons reaction at beiong subbed at half time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully like his reaction when he got cheered at Wembley the other week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Would love to have seen Richardsons reaction at beiong subbed at half time.

Fergie done that to anyone else this season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

should've took him off earlier tbh, I wouldn't be suprised if he never played for us against, I bet Fergie was livid.

ive thought fergie was done with kieron before, like in the southend game this season when he was disgusting again. yet still, this twat has played 10 league games for us this season which is just insane. wont hold my breath that we dont continue to see him time and time again. makes me angry like no other player ever has, not even silvestre. not good for my health at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Carrick and Scholes weren't good enough today mark, Carrick was abysmal, I just don't think he's good enough to dictate games, which he needs to do, esp as Scholes really will be getting on next season. I have more confidence with Fletcher in the tough games tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

while i'm, not carricks biggest fan, and would love hargreaves to come, they've been a good enough partnership for the majority of the season, and giggs simply doesn't cut it as a winger any more. He started the season well, but he's gone right off. He simply doesn't beat a man any more and should be no more than a backup (albeit a good one). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I agree, I also like to think Fletcher is going to make it, and I can't see it happening if we sign Hargreaves, unless we sell Carrick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

ive thought fergie was done with kieron before, like in the southend game this season when he was disgusting again. yet still, this twat has played 10 league games for us this season which is just insane. wont hold my breath that we dont continue to see him time and time again. makes me angry like no other player ever has, not even silvestre. not good for my health at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you go out in town, he goes in sugar lounge iirc, go and glass him in the face?

while i'm, not carricks biggest fan, and would love hargreaves to come, they've been a good enough partnership for the majority of the season, and giggs simply doesn't cut it as a winger any more. He started the season well, but he's gone right off. He simply doesn't beat a man any more and should be no more than a backup (albeit a good one). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I agree, I also like to think Fletcher is going to make it, and I can't see it happening if we sign Hargreaves, unless we sell Carrick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fletcher will still get plenty of games in that scenario, as he's more Scholes replacement than Carrick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

was out in town one night with my then girlfriend and saw him in nandos with some lad she knew. she refused to go and speak to her mate tho as because id had a few drinks was convinced i was gonna stick a fork through his eyes. should have too.

i blame myself for this defeat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should have sacrificed yourself icon_frown.gif

Does that not worry you as well, with the number of players you'll lose to the African cup of nations for a significant time next season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it terrifies me, Mourinho's thinking about it as he's pointed it out in plenty of interviews, and if he's staying as manager you can guarantee his transfer policy this summer will have that in the forefront of his mind.

Geremi, Essien, Mikel, Drogba, Kalou all disappearing for four weeks makes me cry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even if he stays, will he get enough financial support to make that many changes?

was out in town one night with my then girlfriend and saw him in nandos with some lad she knew. she refused to go and speak to her mate tho as because id had a few drinks was convinced i was gonna stick a fork through his eyes. should have too.

i blame myself for this defeat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should have sacrificed yourself icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Like samauri diners of old, you should have thrown yourself on your fork icon13.gif

still wouldnt touch mikel and still beyond happy with our £12m for doing rock all, cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

precisely whs. Mikel's improved from the waste of space he was earlier in the season but i'd still take the £12m now any day of the week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

still wouldnt touch mikel and still beyond happy with our £12m for doing rock all, cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

precisely whs. Mikel's improved from the waste of space he was earlier in the season but i'd still take the £12m now any day of the week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's a moot point. I don't see any scenario where he would have played for us regardless, so it's £12m quid or nothing as the alternatives as far as i'm concerned, regardless of whether he becomes worth more than that.

And as an aside, does it bother anyone else as much as it does me when people on here call it a "mute" point? I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does.

actually, this is marks locations fault. twat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see why it's suddenly become a problem? From the number of people who've mentioned it, i've obviously been saying Richardson >>>>> Giggs all season, so it would have had an effect far earlier than now. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

precisely whs. Mikel's improved from the waste of space he was earlier in the season but i'd still take the £12m now any day of the week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's a moot point. I don't see any scenario where he would have played for us regardless, so it's £12m quid or nothing as the alternatives as far as i'm concerned, regardless of whether he becomes worth more than that.

And as an aside, does it bother anyone else as much as it does me when people on here call it a "mute" point? I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well yeah, more commenting on Phil's claims that he's better than Hargreaves, worth more than £12m. we were clearly never going to get him.

and yes, yes it does

And as an aside, does it bother anyone else as much as it does me when people on here call it a "mute" point? I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well yeah, more commenting on Phil's claims that he's better than Hargreaves, worth more than £12m. we were clearly never going to get him.

and yes, yes it does </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, sorry. I was supporting yours and Blings points, not arguing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

isnt it moot as opposed to mute anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was his point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Saha may make the bench

Louis Saha could be among the substitutes for United's Champions League clash with Roma at Old Trafford on Tuesday evening.

The French striker felt his hamstring in training on Friday and consequently missed United's 2-1 defeat at Portsmouth on Saturday tea-time.

However, Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that the 28-year-old is in the running to make the bench for Tuesday's quarter-final second leg tie.

"Louis will probably be fit enough to be named on the bench," he told MUTV. "His hamstring felt a bit tight on Friday, but I think he'll be okay.

"If he comes through on Tuesday I think he and Alan Smith will figure against Watford in the FA Cup semi-final next Saturday."

Sir Alex also confirmed that Gary Neville is likely to be back for the Premiership clash against Sheffield United at Old Trafford on Tuesday week.

The Reds' skipper, who has missed United's last four matches, hobbled out of the win over Bolton last month after suffering ankle ligament damage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

some good news there at least. although i give up with Saha really

Archived