The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Nick such a top red. ****** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well he does have the club name in his status :jealous:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

starred word is what you do with pancakes, don't card me again icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

struggling with this

eat them? flip them?

starred word is what you do with pancakes, don't card me again icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

reported icon_cool.gif

haha, such a chance to report you icon_smile.gif

Win the next two home league games and there should be enough to see in the run-in.

We were always going to slip up at one of the tricky away games, just a little surprising it was Portsmouth after getting through the previous ones.

If we'd lost at Blackburn and then beaten Pompey everyone would be saying we're back on track, so let's not get too down. Still in the driving seat and Ronaldo and Rooney are still fit.

Rio looking horribly lost without Vidic though. Probably need Brown next to him and put O'Shea at right back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

well he does have the club name in his status :jealous: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

trained monkey could be researcher tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Rio looking horribly lost without Vidic though. Probably need Brown next to him and put O'Shea at right back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that not how we've been playing? icon_confused.gif

i think Rio's done alright as well. probably our best player on saturday, did alright in Rome as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Rio looking horribly lost without Vidic though. Probably need Brown next to him and put O'Shea at right back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that not how we've been playing? icon_confused.gif

i think Rio's done alright as well. probably our best player on saturday, did alright in Rome as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I don't know, as I was in Spain for the last week and didn't see the games. From the highlights and what I read in the paper I thought Wes was continuing at right-back and O'Shea was in the middle.

Rio has been in for quite a bit of criticism, which seems undeserved from what you said.

nah, JOS has been at right-back and Wes in the middle. Rio's been carrying the defence really, none of the others have looked particularly convincing.

question for everyone, shamelessly stolen from the RN forum - if you could have one of the long-term absentees back immediately, ready for tomorrow's game and guaranteed to be fit for the entire run-in (Nev, Vidic, Park, Saha was included on RN presumably because of the 'guaranteed' to be fit stipulation), who would you choose and why?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

trained monkey could be researcher tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they got one

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

struggling with this

eat them? flip them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Knowing Nick and Mart, it's probably covering them with maple syrup.

Hard choice between Vida and Nev for me. The rest of the team has done well enough without the others, but the defence has looked significantly more shaky since those two got injured. Neville would probably give some more heart to the team, while Vida would help give some more confidence to Rio and Edwin.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

trained monkey could be researcher tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they got one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi, i resent that.

i've not been trained.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

struggling with this

eat them? flip them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Knowing Nick and Mart, it's probably covering them with maple syrup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your homoerotic fantasies about us never cease to disturb me icon_frown.gif

i think i'd go for Vidic as well, on the proviso that Paddy gets back in soon. Gaby's done alright but just doesn't offer anywhere near as much going forward, and with Gary out on the other side we have nothing coming from full-back areas that will worry opponents (which was incredibly evident on saturday) and it's very easy to double up on Ronaldo, whichever flank he's playing on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

nah, JOS has been at right-back and Wes in the middle. Rio's been carrying the defence really, none of the others have looked particularly convincing.

question for everyone, shamelessly stolen from the RN forum - if you could have one of the long-term absentees back immediately, ready for tomorrow's game and guaranteed to be fit for the entire run-in (Nev, Vidic, Park, Saha was included on RN presumably because of the 'guaranteed' to be fit stipulation), who would you choose and why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm... so how long is Park out for? (i haven't read anything on his injury).

I'd have Vidic btw.

We have done without Saha for half a season (albeit 3 months we had Henke to help) and we have been doing good without Nev too. Since we lost Vidic we seem to have hit a terrible low.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

Vidic obv. conceding 4 goals in two key games.

3/4 due to defensive **** ups, and Vidic missing isnt a coincidence </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i see your point, but can we really say VDS making three massive ****-ups (and the type of ****-ups they were) is down to Vida's absence? would Vida being there have stopped VDS slapping two shots straight back to the feet of onrushing attackers or going walkies for the Rio backpass?

Vida would have helped stop those long shots going towards goal and/or been able to get to the rebounds quickly and stop a poacher scoring.

Reminds me of Barthez when blanc played for man u. Just turned to crap for some reason (crapper than usual anyway) . Same as VDS with Vida absent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

Vidic obv. conceding 4 goals in two key games.

3/4 due to defensive **** ups, and Vidic missing isnt a coincidence </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i see your point, but can we really say VDS making three massive ****-ups (and the type of ****-ups they were) is down to Vida's absence? would Vida being there have stopped VDS slapping two shots straight back to the feet of onrushing attackers or going walkies for the Rio backpass? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well VDS has rarely made any mistakes the whole season while Vidic was in front of him.

And i think VDS only once palmed the ball in front of him while Vidic was playing throughout the season.

So maybe he wouldn't have made them icon_biggrin.gif

Saha for me. While we've been getting goals from all areas, we've lacked a focal point to the attack. However, more importantly than that, having to start Giggs and Ronaldo up front has left us looking light in midfield, so it kills two birds with one stone.

And what Nick said about Evra. The fact that he's been available for the bench for the last couple of games worries me that there's something in the rumour that he's fit, but isn't playing because he's fallen out with Fergie.

Jonah feature on SSN at the minute icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is it, an in depth look at players who never quite made it?

I'd choose Vidic too.

But I really want to see Evra back in the team. Our full-backs give us far more options in attack. Heinze and O'Shea just aren't good enough attacking wise. One match that this was evident in was away to Sheffield Utd. We were one down but Nev and Evra almost played as wingers. We managed to heap pressure on them and Evra played a part in both goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

And what Nick said about Evra. The fact that he's been available for the bench for the last couple of games worries me that there's something in the rumour that he's fit, but isn't playing because he's fallen out with Fergie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not buying that rumour myself. he picked up the injury against Liverpool, was missing for a few games, back on the bench vs Bolton and then missing again until saturday. don't think that suggests anything other than he wasn't really ready when stuck on the bench for the Bolton game (or that he aggravated the knock in the immediate aftermath). i know Fergie's stubborn but if he's been fit all this time, he'd have surely gone to Rome considering we only had four other fit defenders.

What is it, an in depth look at players who never quite made it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a profile of a rising star iirc

I'd take Saha, for the same reasons mark said. Assuming his fitness for the rest of the season was 'guaranteed', he'd have a good few more goals in him.

Be funny if we let the premiership slip despite clearly being the best team for the majority of the season yet somehow muddled through and won the Champions League despite not really turning in a decent meaningful performance in that competition for nigh on half a decade.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I'd take Saha, for the same reasons mark said. Assuming his fitness for the rest of the season was 'guaranteed', he'd have a good few more goals in him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're just thinking about your bet, how selfish

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I'd take Saha, for the same reasons mark said. Assuming his fitness for the rest of the season was 'guaranteed', he'd have a good few more goals in him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're just thinking about your bet, how selfish </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true. A single pint means more to me than the premiership title.

What is it, an in depth look at players who never quite made it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a profile of a rising star iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So being transferred from us to Derby is "rising" now? Interesting interpretation.

So being transferred from us to Derby is "rising" now? Interesting interpretation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, we're on our way down, Derby on their way up? Have you learnt NOTHING from Rob Smyth?

And what Nick said about Evra. The fact that he's been available for the bench for the last couple of games worries me that there's something in the rumour that he's fit, but isn't playing because he's fallen out with Fergie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not buying that rumour myself. he picked up the injury against Liverpool, was missing for a few games, back on the bench vs Bolton and then missing again until saturday. don't think that suggests anything other than he wasn't really ready when stuck on the bench for the Bolton game (or that he aggravated the knock in the immediate aftermath). i know Fergie's stubborn but if he's been fit all this time, he'd have surely gone to Rome considering we only had four other fit defenders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd forgotten he wasn't in Rome tbh. He certainly needs to be starting sooner rather than later.

So given he starts soon, what would your back 4 be? When he's in, you've got to drop one of Gabby, Wes and O'Shea, and while O'Shea's the weakest player of the three, he's probably the better option attacking wise from RB.

So being transferred from us to Derby is "rising" now? Interesting interpretation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll humour you icon_rolleyes.gif

from being bizarrely overlooked with us to leading Derby's promotion charge and earning plaudits all over the shop is rising, yes icon_mad.gif

i'm not buying that rumour myself. he picked up the injury against Liverpool, was missing for a few games, back on the bench vs Bolton and then missing again until saturday. don't think that suggests anything other than he wasn't really ready when stuck on the bench for the Bolton game (or that he aggravated the knock in the immediate aftermath). i know Fergie's stubborn but if he's been fit all this time, he'd have surely gone to Rome considering we only had four other fit defenders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd forgotten he wasn't in Rome tbh. He certainly needs to be starting sooner rather than later.

So given he starts soon, what would your back 4 be? When he's in, you've got to drop one of Gabby, Wes and O'Shea, and while O'Shea's the weakest player of the three, he's probably the better option attacking wise from RB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'd drop Gaby. i don't think now is the time to experiment with him in the middle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reds still without Saha

Louis Saha will not make United’s Champions League quarter final second leg clash against Roma on Tuesday.

The Frenchman has missed the last seven matches with a hamstring problem and injuries have limited him to just three starts since the turn of the year.

It had been thought that the Reds striker was edging closer to his comeback, but after complaining of a tight hamstring while the team trained in Rome last week, Sir Alex Ferguson is keen not to risk the Parisian against Roma.

“He’s not fit,†said the boss. “He felt his hamstring was a bit tight in training on Friday in Rome. Therefore, we have to be on the cautious side.

“There’s no point in bringing somebody back who is not 100% fit and then them suffering further injury. Maybe he will be fit for Saturday’s cup tie against Watford, but not for the Roma game.â€

The good news for United is that there were no further injuries after Saturday’s defeat to Portsmouth on Saturday.

“We’ve got no injuries after Saturday,†added the boss. “The good thing is that we came out of that game without any more injuries.

“For, Tuesday, obviously Paul Scholes won’t be available [due to suspension] so we’ll have to make a decision about that one.â€

Sir Alex, who may call on Ryan Giggs or Darren Fletcher to fill the void left by Scholes, is without Gary Neville (ankle), Nemanja Vidic (collar bone), Mikael Silvestre (shoulder), Ji-sung Park (knee). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what a surprise icon_eek.gif

won't shed any tears if louis does one in the summer, just a complete liability

Archived