The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

yeah a bit pathetic now. if we can get shot of him for a decent amount in the summer i would definitely take it. problem is that i cant see too many teams being willing to take a punt on him given how soft he is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I can only think of one club dumb enough to take him, who he would get paid enough to go to and stupid enough to pay us good money...

Newcastle

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

And what Nick said about Evra. The fact that he's been available for the bench for the last couple of games worries me that there's something in the rumour that he's fit, but isn't playing because he's fallen out with Fergie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not buying that rumour myself. he picked up the injury against Liverpool, was missing for a few games, back on the bench vs Bolton and then missing again until saturday. don't think that suggests anything other than he wasn't really ready when stuck on the bench for the Bolton game (or that he aggravated the knock in the immediate aftermath). i know Fergie's stubborn but if he's been fit all this time, he'd have surely gone to Rome considering we only had four other fit defenders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd forgotten he wasn't in Rome tbh. He certainly needs to be starting sooner rather than later.

So given he starts soon, what would your back 4 be? When he's in, you've got to drop one of Gabby, Wes and O'Shea, and while O'Shea's the weakest player of the three, he's probably the better option attacking wise from RB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'd drop Gaby. i don't think now is the time to experiment with him in the middle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Much as i'd love to get JOS out of the team, i'm with you on that one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Oh for feck's sake Louis icon_mad.gif

Least Smithy's looked more and more useful recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm starting a 'play alan smith more ffs' club. you're all invited.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

David Jones can play on the left can't he? Worst comes to worst, we can stick Giggs up front and put Jonah on the left.

Oh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'd have only bottled it mate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

s'pose Ole might start.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I reckon. Carrick and Fletch in the middle with Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs and Ole milling about all over the shop again methinks.

Saha April 2nd 2007

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I don't think I could be any fresher," he told The Mirror.

"I've missed quite a few games this year and I've so much pent-up energy that I want to get out of my system.

"I feel like I've got something to prove again. I'm raring to go. I'm confident and I want to be back playing and scoring goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie on Saha April 9th 2007

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

“He’s not fit,†said the boss. “He felt his hamstring was a bit tight in training on Friday in Rome. Therefore, we have to be on the cautious side.

“There’s no point in bringing somebody back who is not 100% fit and then them suffering further injury. Maybe he will be fit for Saturday’s cup tie against Watford, but not for the Roma game.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

he's more use than Saha and more affordable than anyone else that'll be suggested. and he's not Jermain Defoe, which is always a bonus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He might be a decent price of they go down. If they stay up it might be a different story. Haven't they already turned down a bid of ~£18m?

RSB, did you used to be called something else? i have a nagging feeling you did </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah - sorry, forgot you asked earlier. Umm, I used to post here aaaaaages ago (3-5 years or summat) til my old comp died and took my username and pass to the grave with it. Then had problems registering with Hotmail and cba til lately. Was probably under a different name before, possibly jamin.r or Ska Ben, but I don't post all that much, so most likely some other mindless ****** I'm reminding you of icon_wink.gif

he's more use than Saha and more affordable than anyone else that'll be suggested. and he's not Jermain Defoe, which is always a bonus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He might be a decent price of they go down. If they stay up it might be a different story. Haven't they already turned down a bid of ~£18m? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, but i'd fancy that was a 'Bent is our only chance of staying up and netting the £30m guaranteed windfall next season, we sell him and we're doomed, ergo you're going to have to pay the most insane fee ever' kinda deal. bit of a different scenario in the summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

RSB, your location icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I had the ability and time, and could be bothered for that matter, I would look into making a 'Random Kieran Richardson facts' site a la Jack Bauer, Vin Diesel, Chuck Norris etc., only the opposite. Since I don't and I can't, I'm just doing it on my MSN personal message thing. Yesterdays was "When Kieran grows up, he'd like to be a professional footballer... or a FIREMAN!", and todays is "Kieran Richardson is not very good at football."

He might be a decent price of they go down. If they stay up it might be a different story. Haven't they already turned down a bid of ~£18m? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, but i'd fancy that was a 'Bent is our only chance of staying up and netting the £30m guaranteed windfall next season, we sell him and we're doomed, ergo you're going to have to pay the most insane fee ever' kinda deal. bit of a different scenario in the summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bit different, but maybe not massively. They still know they won't be able to replace him with someone of similar quality, and they don't appear to be hugely in debt to the point of needing the money to stay afloat. I'm not saying they wouldn't have their price this time around, but given the inflated price for english players, i don't see him being a bargain, or that far off the prices we've seen bandied around for some european strikers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and todays is "Kieran Richardson is not very good at football." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that like saying "the pope doesn't use condoms very often"?

Well thats the perfromance that been coming for a while probably since Fulham away, Ronnie was the only one to save us that day same goes for the away game at Liverpool with John O'shea, our luck was bond to run out sooner or later.

Rooney has to take a long look in the mirror and realise he hasn't been in form at all this season and he needs to sort himself because as you all saw on Saturday if Ronaldo doesn't drag us through the **** (can't expect him to do it every match) then no-one pulls their fingers out and does it. Back four looked shaky again with out Vida & Nev, just wondering if Evra is fit or not? now thats not a dig at Gabby but when Paddy played our best stuff. Richardson should never, EVER be allowed near a united shirt again, his performance was the worst one I have seen from a united player. Don't know what Scholesy's problem was either he had easily his worst game of the season, can' actually remember him completing a pass which for him is astonishing. Ronnie tried his best but like the majority of the team didn't seem to know where exactly he was supposed to be playing.

Glad we have the distraction of the Champions League & FA Cup coming up and then we MUST win at Everton now and if we drop any points at home it's over.

As for tommorrow can't wait and I am really looking forward to the atmosphere and can see us beating Roma 2-0. From there spank Watford 3-1 in semi final and then a narrow 1-0 victory at home to Sheffield United and then we should have a bit more confidence istalled in the team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

RSB, did you used to be called something else? i have a nagging feeling you did </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah - sorry, forgot you asked earlier. Umm, I used to post here aaaaaages ago (3-5 years or summat) til my old comp died and took my username and pass to the grave with it. Then had problems registering with Hotmail and cba til lately. Was probably under a different name before, possibly jamin.r or Ska Ben, but I don't post all that much, so most likely some other mindless ****** I'm reminding you of icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fair do's. good to have another person on board anyway, especially one who can't stand our Kieran icon14.gif

Can any of the Manchester based lot refresh my memory about which bus goes from Piccadilly to OT?

For some reason in my head its the 250 or something but I can't be sure.

The last few times I've been up its been a real pain getting the tram so I've decided to grab the bus instead.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Can any of the Manchester based lot refresh my memory about which bus goes from Piccadilly to OT?

For some reason in my head its the 250 or something but I can't be sure.

The last few times I've been up its been a real pain getting the tram so I've decided to grab the bus instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get the tram. It's part of the fun icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

I thought Simpson was superb. Would have been nice to have him here with the injury to Neville. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has he overtaken Bardsley then?

Archived