The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any United related songs you can think of that you can play on the jukebox in the pub or download? off to the top of my head there is

Take me home - John Denver/Country Roads

stretford end arising - bad moon arising

joy division - Giggs will tear you apart

inspiral carpets - this is how it feels to be city

na na na keano - Hey jude

What a game. I'm not sure whether i'm still asleep or not but i'll be mighty devastated if i wake up tomorrow and find this didnt happen.

So many good performances, MoM i couldnt pick. Smith, Fletch, Carrick, Giggs and Ronaldo the stand out 5 but everyone except Richardson was good.

Richardson just playing it into the box a couple of times when he could see nobody was in there and Ronaldo was stood a yard behind him.

Great for Rooney and Ronnie to put an end to that scoring in the CL crap. Ronaldo really marking himself down as the worlds best this season.

Giggs grabbing 4 assists shocking. Him actually finding a man with his passing.

Ronnie has 20 for the season now. Great stuff for a right winger.

7-1 ffs.

Also Evra looked fit and ready to go when he came on and i really think we need him to take the title. His attacking threat is something else. Gaby though has been great.

Anyway 7-1, sorry i just need to say it a few more times to believe it. Hopefully thats scared Milan and Bayern a bit.

Also 3 of the 4 teams in the Semi English, great advert for the league and all those GQ muppets who claim when it happens on FM and English teams do well in the competition its a bug.

Giggs running the show in the first half won us this tie. Doesn't matter how awesome Ronaldo was he doesn't deserve to take all the plaudits here.

MOTM: Giggs despite almost everyone having an absolute blinder icon14.gif

Runner up: Carrick for two awesomely taken goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Giggs 4?

well it's true though i don't know who assited as i usually was too distracted by the awsome goals and scoreline icon_biggrin.gif

Did Heinze get 1 or 2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None.

Carrick, Smudge, Rooney, Ronnie, Ronnie, Carrick and Evra.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also 3 of the 4 teams in the Semi English, great advert for the league and all those GQ muppets who claim when it happens on FM and English teams do well in the competition its a bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon13.gif. i hate it, would love it was united and a bunch of european big boys.

giggsy motm, carrick 2nd. fletch was brilliant, was watching it with some pals and their family tonight, SLATED fletcher before the game. won over by him.

tactics PERFECT tonight fergus, so glad smithy was given the role.

well in lads. now the semi icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

just cos the scouse ***** won 3-0 away does not mean they are deffo thorugh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be silly now

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Giggs 4?

well it's true though i don't know who assited as i usually was too distracted by the awsome goals and scoreline icon_biggrin.gif

Did Heinze get 1 or 2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None.

Carrick, Smudge, Rooney, Ronnie, Ronnie, Carrick and Evra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe he meant assists Eddie.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Also 3 of the 4 teams in the Semi English, great advert for the league and all those GQ muppets who claim when it happens on FM and English teams do well in the competition its a bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>:////

just sublime really. words cant describe how good we were, back to front we were sensational. amazing how different we approached the game compared with the last few games, no long balls of note, everything was passed regardless of the position and the speed and movement was unbelievable. an utter joy to watch.

annoyed we would have to play an english side in the final and would fancy us to do liverpool over chelsea. but the next game will be far tougher, not sure who i would prefer but weve shown tonight we have a chance regardless.

also good news that chelsea went through. i know its great to want them out but ill take them having two tough non league games along with us ta.

SMUDGE :*)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

FANTASTIC result , i've een many a european united performance and this tops them all we were absolutley brilliant.

Our midfield was superb (thats something you don't here everyday) and closed their players down and didn't give them any space, can't find enough good things to say about them.

Ronnie, Rooney & Smudge just fb.

yeah Mart when I heard the booing for Richardson I almost fell off my seat laughing icon_biggrin.gif.

MoM: Michael Carrick - the best I have ever seen him play

2nd:Darren Fletcher - again best I have ever seen him play.

Honorbale mentions to everyone else apart from Richardson.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

what is the ticketing situation for the semi now? Ballot for both away and home?

gonna book my plane tickets on thursday for hopefully munich, dont fancy milan. twats.

Much chance of getting tickets? better on the offical trip?

mon \o/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think our plan was official trip to munich

if its milan i'm not too sure what happens

OMFG!!!!!

Missed the 3rd goal as I was at the bar taking the **** out of Chelsea fans icon_biggrin.gif Also bet on 2-0 United icon_mad.gif

MOTM: Fletch - absolutely brilliant

2nd - Carrick, 2 great goals, and pulled the strings well.

AFFG: Richardson - as he was about to be brought on, and it distracted the players on the pitch.

Just watch us play 4-5-1 in the semis now icon_wink.gif

MOM - Carrick - ran the midfield. Maybe its the alcohol, but I'd say that was his best game for us

2nd - Ronaldo - nothing to say about him that hasn't already been said.

wp Fletcher too, had a stormer in midfield tonight. icon14.gif

And Smudger icon_cool.gif I'm still convinced he is good enough to play for Utd. Great performance. I'd pick a fully fit Smith over a fully fit Saha every time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

official trips /o\. only good reason is to get a ticket, will apply through the ballot/speak to some people and if nothing will probs go through fisal resources.

there some good titty bars in munich u reckon keef? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its munich ffs what do you think icon_rolleyes.gif

i'll worry about that sort of thing when i see who we get and how long i can skive off work, semi ticket means of aquiring etc

what is the ticketing situation for the semi now? Ballot for both away and home?

gonna book my plane tickets on thursday for hopefully munich, dont fancy milan. twats.

Much chance of getting tickets? better on the offical trip?

mon \o/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If you want to get in the away leg you will do fact

Woke up at 230AM to watch this, and I must say, it was well worth it icon_razz.gif

Totti, Mancini and the Roma keeper, whoever he is looked absolutely destroyed. When Carrick's thunderbolt of a second goal flew in, they just collapsed.

I'm so happy to see Smith scoring and tackling the way we all remember him, a far cry from the timid No. 14 that played against Southend earlier in the season. Brown and Fletcher had solid games as well, surprisingly. And Richardson still looks crap against a team that was down by 5 or 6 goals. That speaks volume about his (lack of) ability.

Should have rought on Dong or something instead!

Who do you fancy facing in the semis? Milan or Bayern? I'm a Milan fan as well as a Utd one, but I can honestly say I think Milan would be the easier tie, but I don't know how it'll shape up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xennaz:

Here's my goal-rankings for today's game icon_razz.gif

8: Rooney

7: Evra

6: Ronaldo's second

5: Carrick's first

4: Ronaldo's first

3: De Rossi

2: Smith

1: Carrick's second

That being said, they were all brilliant in their own way icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

harsh on rooney's goal really, simple finish maybe but it's a brilliant, typically united move

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xennaz:

Here's my goal-rankings for today's game icon_razz.gif

8: Rooney

7: Evra

6: Ronaldo's second

5: Carrick's first

4: Ronaldo's first

3: De Rossi

2: Smith

1: Carrick's second

That being said, they were all brilliant in their own way icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

harsh on rooney's goal really, simple finish maybe but it's a brilliant, typically united move </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But they were all brilliant icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Should have rought on Dong or something instead! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cathcart tbh, especially at 6-0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

completely agree. nothing to gain from bringing homohair on, imagine giving Cathcart a debut in that game? he'd have been absolutely buzzing.

almost as if Fergie thought Roma had been humiliated enough icon_biggrin.gif

Archived