The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cristiano Ronaldooooooooo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cristiano Ronaldooooooooo:

What are the chances of getting an away ticket for semi??

Really wanna go but not been to many games on membership this year icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to see you back mate icon_smile.gif

book with the club and you'll get a ticket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean on the dreambreak stuff?

i'm back for good now OTF is back on my favourites bar lol icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye, we (coldberg and me) went to roma and it was 286 dayytrip, guaranteed ticket

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

my god nick you're so innocent

i would have whipped my jonny out and asked her to suck it's tail end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ryan proving he is as common as me icon14.gif 'jonny' icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

my god nick you're so innocent

i would have whipped my jonny out and asked her to suck it's tail end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O'Shea didn't play THAT well

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

no chance. she's sound, sings loads, knows her stuff, but erm, no, i'm not going to be insulting, she might post here icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah right icon_biggrin.gif

still, you would, wouldn't you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

aye, we (coldberg and me) went to roma and it was 286 dayytrip, guaranteed ticket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you going to milan?

i'm def up for experiencing the feel of some italian batons lol

aye, we (coldberg and me) went to roma and it was 286 dayytrip, guaranteed ticket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you going to milan?

i'm def up for experiencing the feel of some italian batons lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it was hilarious being there icon14.gif

but on a related note to NOGS20's point, I too had that feeling after the 3rd/4th onward goals like... just a sort of stand there and think 'what the hell is this' ... it becomes very hard to comprehend when you start destroying a team like that.

cant complain though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

tone down the lol, people will quite LITERALLY crucify you for it round thesehereparts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its been a while and its what teenage girls encourage on msn icon_frown.gif

and yeah sorry about that back on OTF 2 hours and offend two people icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

no chance. she's sound, sings loads, knows her stuff, but erm, no, i'm not going to be insulting, she might post here icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

still, you would, wouldn't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i really wouldn't icon_frown.gif

put it this way, it took me half a dozen games to establish that she was definitely female

PLEASE don't let her be reading this icon_biggrin.gif

i suppose if she is there's only a few games left and then i can relocate

still, you would, wouldn't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i really wouldn't icon_frown.gif

put it this way, it took me half a dozen games to establish that she was definitely female

PLEASE don't let her be reading this icon_biggrin.gif

i suppose if she is there's only a few games left and then i can relocate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha

what are the chances she's reading this ffs icon_biggrin.gif

also, you're no Argel so people won't go out of their way to track her down and tell her imo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Christ, those 4 aways in a row are going to be a total killer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sheer weight of the manic fixture list over the next month-to-5/6 weeks is so major in every way its hard to comprehend how any team could possibly manage it. Not one game has a measure of ease or respite about it.

I only hope that we don't do any version of a nervy grind out performance against Sheff Utd & Boro. Anything less than comfortable and secure "we're going to be champions so screw you Chelsea" performances - nice 2/3 nil jobs - in those games sends the sort of uneasy signal that we do not want out there.

Agree that the Everton fixture in particular is crucial btw.

Back to Europe for a moment since I have a question or two:

First, did any of the bookings that we received last night result in a suspension for the first CL game against Milan?

Second, has it been cleared up as to whether Scholesy will return with one booking still to his name after being sent off in the 1st leg of the quarter-final against Rome?

Cheers icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Back to Europe for a moment since I have a question or two:

First, did any of the bookings that we received last night result in a suspension for the first CL game against Milan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope. Paddy, Gaby, Scholesy and Ronnie are still one away

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Second, has it been cleared up as to whether Scholesy will return with one booking still to his name after being sent off in the 1st leg of the quarter-final against Rome? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think it's been confirmed that he will. nightmare icon_frown.gif

No suspensions, but I don't think that it's been cleared up which of our players is now one card away from one - I asked earlier. THINK it's Rio, Smudge, Ronnie, Gabby and Scholes. Which should answer your second question - he is one yellow away from a suspension, thus retains the yellow to his name.

yeah that was worthy of all the applause you could possibly give

still so happy for Fletch's heroic performance :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed icon_cool.gif

I was really happy last night I had a top group of fans around me so it added to the enjoyment. Only guy that left early was the bloke right in front of me. Arrived 5 minutes in and left just after Paddy his the last one. So much pride in witnessing what had just happened couldn't do anything other than a standing ovation.

Just reading through the post match stuff in here and the reactions has brightened my mood after work sapped my enthusiasm away icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

No suspensions, but I don't think that it's been cleared up which of our players is now one card away from one - I asked earlier. THINK it's Rio, Smudge, Ronnie, Gabby and Scholes. Which should answer your second question - he is one yellow away from a suspension, thus retains the yellow to his name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think Rio and Smudge are ok, it's three yellow cards for a suspension iirc

Paddy, Gabby and Ronnie are definitely one away, i've got one of the official uefa teamsheets the tv people have from last night which states that.

Okay, sorry if I've lost track, so the Scholes sitch is this:

- Had 2 yellows pre-Roma, one away from a suspension.

- Got two yellows = 1 red in Roma leg one therefore suspension = 1 game.

- Returns against Milan with 2 bookings still against his name and therefore 1 away from suspension because the two yellows/1 red in the first leg of the QF were moved outside the cumulative disciplinary process when he was sent off.

Correct? If not then I've seriously misunderstood how the disciplinary system currently works in the CL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Ronnie has to pick up a yellow in the first leg if he doesn't i wouldn't play him in the second leg unless we are losing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have the same instinct tbqh. Really we need to cut Milan to ribbons at OT and then keep them at arms length at the San Siro.

Won't work out like that of course but it'd be nice if it did.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Okay, sorry if I've lost track, so the Scholes sitch is this:

- Had 2 yellows pre-Roma, one away from a suspension.

- Got two yellows = 1 red in Roma leg one therefore suspension = 1 game.

- Returns against Milan with 2 bookings still against his name and therefore 1 away from suspension because the two yellows/1 red in the first leg of the QF were moved outside the cumulative disciplinary process when he was sent off.

Correct? If not then I've seriously misunderstood how the disciplinary system currently works in the CL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think that's essentially right, yeah

the Ronnie situation is a tricky one. he's not a player who really should be getting booked unless he does something stupid (diving, dissent, kicking the ball away etc) so i think unless we have a sizeable lead going into the return leg, we have to trust him to keep out of trouble.

daft to rest your best player to avoid him missing the final but then not making the final because said player was missing.

What you've highlighted is fair plus his seemingly greater maturity this year should keep him focussed on not doing anything stupid.

Also I've fallen foul of that a couple of times on FM thinking others could come in and cover an "at risk" player in a semi-final. Hardly ever works out...

aye but if we're 3-0 up with 10 minutes left then he can pick up a booking, but with it being the semi, if we guarentee safe passage in the first leg we can always rest them in the second leg anyway, then it doesn't matter once it gets to the final. Plus we can always have on the bench for the second leg, save taking Richardson.

well yeah, but even after last night it's pretty long odds that we'll be 3-0 up or better after the first leg, and unless we are truly comfortable we have to keep our best players on the pitch.

Scholesy's a slightly different matter I think, Fletch showed last night that in big-game situations he can step in, so we can probably afford to be a bit more cute in managing that situation

Glad we have Milan rather than Bayern, but Fergie better not try to be too clever for his own good and beat them "tactically".

Pace, penetration and this Milan team won't be able to handle it.

My morning was just made even better by my German colleague's revelation that he was in the Nou Camp in 1999, supporting Bayern of course.

will probably sell my soul for a semi away ticket, tbf.

there are some really cheap flights to milan now if any one wants to book it.

im gonna try and get an offical trip booked as i dont trust getting a ticket through the ballot.

come on letting me get there.

\o/

here it is again.. because, well, why not </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone got a clip of our Kier coming on? I used the change as an excuse for a **** break and missed the mirth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Carrick's second goal was so effortless. Probably thought to himself "I may aswell hit one from here. Why not?"

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was perfectly struck, no deviation at all. One of those efforts that he only would have had with a comfortable lead.

Kind of from the Roma match thread, but why is Richardson still at OT?

His attitude is bad and he's not good enough to make that part irrelevant, so why hasn't he been cast out like Bellion, Djemba x2, Miller, Kleberson, etc?

What does he do to deserve a stay of execution? I blame Bryan Robson. I love him, but if Richardson didn't play so well for West Brom in that season they escaped relegation I doubt he would still be at United.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Real ready to offer £54m to secure Ronaldo

Sid Lowe in Madrid

Thursday April 12, 2007

The Guardian

Real Madrid have stepped up their attempt to sign Cristiano Ronaldo by meeting his agent and agreeing a course of action that directors at the Santiago Bernabéu believe will end with the Portugal winger becoming their latest galáctico

Franco Baldini, right-hand man to Madrid's sporting director, Predrag Mijatovic, and the man who negotiates all of the club's signings, met Jorge Mendes in London last Wednesday.

Sources at Madrid claim that during the meeting, Baldini confirmed that Ronaldo is their No1 priority for next season and informed Mendes that they would be prepared to meet Manchester United's asking price for the winger - expected to be somewhere in the region of €80m (£54m). They would also be prepared to beat any contract offer made by Manchester United, matching Ronaldo's salary to that of the galácticos: €6m (£4m) a year, after tax.

While he warned Baldini that United would fight to keep Ronaldo, Mendes apparently told him that the winger is keen to join Madrid and would reject the contract offer currently on the table at Old Trafford. Ronaldo's wage demands on a new United contract are believed to be in the region of £140,000 a week.

Madrid also insist that Mendes has reassured them that Ronaldo will force an exit from Old Trafford, although a second meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson is expected in the next 10 days.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Real ready to offer £54m to secure Ronaldo

Sid Lowe in Madrid

Thursday April 12, 2007

The Guardian

Real Madrid have stepped up their attempt to sign Cristiano Ronaldo by meeting his agent and agreeing a course of action that directors at the Santiago Bernabéu believe will end with the Portugal winger becoming their latest galáctico

Franco Baldini, right-hand man to Madrid's sporting director, Predrag Mijatovic, and the man who negotiates all of the club's signings, met Jorge Mendes in London last Wednesday.

Sources at Madrid claim that during the meeting, Baldini confirmed that Ronaldo is their No1 priority for next season and informed Mendes that they would be prepared to meet Manchester United's asking price for the winger - expected to be somewhere in the region of €80m (£54m). They would also be prepared to beat any contract offer made by Manchester United, matching Ronaldo's salary to that of the galácticos: €6m (£4m) a year, after tax.

While he warned Baldini that United would fight to keep Ronaldo, Mendes apparently told him that the winger is keen to join Madrid and would reject the contract offer currently on the table at Old Trafford. Ronaldo's wage demands on a new United contract are believed to be in the region of £140,000 a week.

Madrid also insist that Mendes has reassured them that Ronaldo will force an exit from Old Trafford, although a second meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson is expected in the next 10 days.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sources eh?

iirc Marca had the same story so ignore it.

I know some of you have taken advantage, but it’s bloody annoying that the club seemingly guarantees tickets for any member that books on a official trip, yet those that have the temerity to want to travel independently get screwed in the ballot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Villa Park is the next best thing to a home tie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea i agree..

but which ground in England can offer 76000 fans roaring and cheering your team on? icon_biggrin.gif

and by the way, just curious.. Why do Real still have so much money in their pockets despite being trophy-less for the past few seasons?

Archived