The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

I brought this up on Saturday but stolen from RN too

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> For anyone who bought a programme on Saturday, it was interesting to read John O'Shea's run down of his United team-mates. I can't recall word for word what he said about KR, but the first sentance was definitely "He isn't shy". He went on to say that KR thought he was the bees knees at the PSP and could learn a thing or two from himself and Wes Brown.

Interestingly though, not a thing was mentioned of how hard he works (or doesn't work?) in training, or his footballing ability, or effort he puts in on the field. Every comment was about his personality and pointed towards how he requires being brought down a peg or too.

On the train from Witton to New Street, I read every other player's profile and I think all of them had some sort of comment of his effort on the pitch or what he has done for the club or this and that. It was interesting to note than O'Shea's offering about KR was a thinly veiled disguise at calling him a knob, basically. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

WHY did he have to score vs Watford icon_frown.gif

you just know that'll give Fergie a reason to extend his contract for another couple of years :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was wondering if we could petition the FA to retrospectively chalk off the goal for offside?

\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United have confirmed that Rio Ferdinand could be fit to face Sheffield United on Tuesday.

The Red Devils face a hectic fixture schedule as the season enters its final stretch, and with injuries mounting - United will be relieved to learn that Ferdinand does not have a serious injury.

He limped out of Saturday's FA Cup semi-final win over Watford with a groin injury which has troubled him in recent weeks, amid fears that he had seriously aggravated it.

However, Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Ferdinand is okay and could line-up at Old Trafford against Sheffield United.

With Gary Neville, Mikael Silvestre, John O'Shea and Nemanja Vidic already sidelined - news of Ferdinand's all-clear will be a real boost to Ferguson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From SSN website.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United have confirmed that Rio Ferdinand could be fit to face Sheffield United on Tuesday.

The Red Devils face a hectic fixture schedule as the season enters its final stretch, and with injuries mounting - United will be relieved to learn that Ferdinand does not have a serious injury.

He limped out of Saturday's FA Cup semi-final win over Watford with a groin injury which has troubled him in recent weeks, amid fears that he had seriously aggravated it.

However, Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Ferdinand is okay and could line-up at Old Trafford against Sheffield United.

With Gary Neville, Mikael Silvestre, John O'Shea and Nemanja Vidic already sidelined - news of Ferdinand's all-clear will be a real boost to Ferguson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From SSN website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just hope he doesn't risk him. I am confident that we can do Sheffield with a completely improvised defence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I imagine Cathcart will play tonight so that would rule him out for tomorrow so i wouldnt be suprised to see us rush Rio back.

Yet again he might just play Richardson. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now i am confident we can do Sheffield with an improvised defence (Cathcart, Fletcher or whoever in there with Heinze in the middle, Brown all over the place just not defending where he should etc) but i am not THAT confident as to have HIM in the line-up icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

O'Shea has earnt the right recently to not be compared with Richardson, ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I LOVE the O'Shea song, utterly fantastic

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

f**k off Wesley is fb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not when he needs to impose himself as the leader of the defence.

He can look good with Rio or Vidic near him but not alone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

He can look good with Rio or Vidic near him but not alone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He looked a lot steadier than Gabby did at centre half on Saturday.

well that's fortunate we play a formation where he doesn't play alone at CB then?

I actually think he's done very well since coming in for Vida...

the vast majority of our uncertainty comes from lacking Neville's organisation/general awesomeness and VdS finally being struck by our post-Schmeichel keeper curse /o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

He can look good with Rio or Vidic near him but not alone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He looked a lot steadier than Gabby did at centre half on Saturday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't say much though icon_biggrin.gif As much as i love Gabby and still prefer him over Evra he was too much all over the place for a CB. As a left defender it's ok but not as a CB icon_biggrin.gif

well that's fortunate we play a formation where he doesn't play alone at CB then?

the vast majority of our uncertainty comes from lacking Neville's organisation/general awesomeness and VdS finally being struck by our post-Schmeichel keeper curse /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We looked good with Neville until Vida went poop.

the vast majority of our uncertainty comes from lacking Neville's organisation/general awesomeness and VdS finally being struck by our post-Schmeichel keeper curse /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We looked good without Neville until Vida went poop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

straw that broke the camel's back?

I dont think it's all that in itself, and certainly harsh to blame Wes for our defence becoming more dodgy lately.

Vidic is a loss of course, but Neville's experience and VdS forgetting how to catch have hurt us equally. Wes hasn't made any huge errors that I can recall since coming in? Generally very solid.

People are being slightly harsh on VDS I feel. He is bound to be unsettled having seen his defence be totally decimated in the last couple of weeks. All keepers hava rough time when the usually settled backline starts to chop & change every game.

yeah at first I was on VdS side, saying 'well the defence is unsettled it's just a one off mistake' ... but if anything he's looked increasingly uncomfortable for some reason, even with the makeshift defence looking relatively decent in front of him.

it's just like the curse has got him, I really hope he gets through it sooner rather than later,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

It's a bit strange that Kieran Lee hasn't been anywhere near our squad considering our defensive problems lately. Is he injured? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, but why would he when we've been pretty much covered in terms of a first team back four even with the injury problems? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm, what? we've gone into certain games with four defenders in the squad :/

what's our allocation for Milan? can't go unless i win the lottery but i'm thinking i should probably apply anyway to help my cause should we get to the final. just wondering what my chances are of actually ending up with a ticket that i can't use.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Rio Raves About Fletcher icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

fully deserves that recognition. saturday arguably almost as important as last tuesday in terms of demonstrating his value as a member of the squad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Just sell it on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blimey, didn't think of that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Rio Raves About Fletcher icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wp all Fletcher/Carrick supporters. we've battled through some tough times but finally justified lately. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keeping faith ftw.

Given a (not too far from the truth) scenario where we only have two options for the back 4 on tuesday, would you

a) Play Rio, given that there's a small but significant chance of him aggravating his groin injury

or

b) Play Richardson left back and juggle the rest of your defence accordingly.

Archived