The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

christ, robbing italian bastards. not sure i'm going to apply now :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank feck Silvio Berlusconi didn't buy United, I say. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> FA Cup Final Tie: Saturday 19 May 2007, Wembley Stadium, London. Kick off 3pm BST

Manchester United will play Chelsea in the final of the FA Cup on 19 May, kick off 3pm.

The Club is to receive an allocation of around 25,000 tickets. Approximately 4,000 are priced at £35, 7,700 at £60, 10,500 at £80 and around 2,800 at £95. A half price concession for under 16s is only available on the £35 tickets.

The Club has approximately 65,000 fans (executive and standard) who hold seasonal tickets, including 37,000 in the Automatic Home Cup Ticket Scheme and fans are warned that in the ballot for distribution of tickets, some will be unsuccessful despite meeting all the qualifying criteria for the ballot. To illustrate this, some 25,000 of those with all home cup credits have applied for at least one away game this season. The Club will take every possible step, within the policy set out below, to ensure a fair distribution of a limited allocation.

Tickets will be distributed to applicants as follows:

Box Holders and Executive Members can register an application by either telephoning the Ticket Order Line on 0870 442 1994*, from Monday 23 April until Friday 27 April 9am to 5pm or by submitting a postal application to Ticketing & Membership Services no later than Friday 27 April at 5pm.

* calls to this number are at the national rate, not premium rate

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair play to the ticket office then, it seems as though they are going to give tickets to those who have been to away games. icon14.gif

3 pages so go on the site to see it all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

So roughly 40% of the tickets are priced at £80. Robbing *****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fooking *****. They will probably fill up the stadium this time around because of the whole "first game eva!!!" but if they go ahead with two semifinals and the final at wembley next season and with these prices (or maybe even higher) i sincerely doubt they will fill the stadium unless the final consists of the big 4.

Thing is 4,000 @£35 is okay but the next price band up is £60 (£25 more). It isn't like 2 of the price bands are cheap & 2 expensive.

£60 is steep, so of the 25,000 tickets 21,000 are overpriced.

The Champions league final which was held at OT was only £50 a ticket.

I know it's the first final & the tickets will sell simply because it's United & we always sell out our tickets but it just shows that until people take a stand fans will continue to be shafted.

Would have been fun to see the attendance had it been a Watford v Blackburn final. I doubt the tickets would have been so pricey then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

The Champions league final which was held at OT was only £50 a ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not across the board tbf, my ticket was £80.

if i could be bothered to dig up my rant from a couple of pages ago i would, feel exactly the same.

"The remaining 30% of tickets have been allocated to people involved in the grassroots of football and the football family. These 23,000 tickets will go to the 92 Premier League and Football League clubs, the 134 Full Member clubs, other clubs who reached the Third Round of this season's competition, charities, the Football Foundation, Premier League, Football League, Football Conference, PFA, Inte..."

so that's league two clubs, conference suits, premier league bigwigs, gordon f**king taylor getting tickets at the expense of people who genuinely deserve to be there. the fa are just a f**king joke

I love how a third of the stadium will be filled with people who couldn't give a **** either way about the result & those who are there just for the day out.

Maybe if they actually charged those people for tickets they could reduce the prices slightly for those fans wh oactually want to be there to watch their team.

I love how a third of the stadium will be filled with people who couldn't give a **** either way about the result & those who are there just for the day out.

Maybe if they actually charged those people for tickets they could reduce the prices slightly for those fans wh oactually want to be there to watch their team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There will be some of the Club Wembley seat that have had people pay upwards of £5k for the privilege to go to Wembley for 10 years, so that's closer to 28%

tbh the amount of 'football family' is ridiculously high. That is something that needs to be looked at, and save it for the community shield, when it is actually relevant. Don't mind the individual County FA's getting a couple of tickets each as in 90000 that's hardly going to reduce the capacity much. Do that, increase the clubs share to 30,000 each, knock £10/15 off the top 3 price ranges and bobs your uncle.

Give me the FA job.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

For those who didnt see his Livorno goal.

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/Parma/video/x1nhtf_gi...ossi-goal-vs-livorno

Remind anyone of a certain goal scored in 96? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only in the way that the keeper came and fumbled/poorly punched the ball out to the edge of the area and it was volleyed superbly back into the net through a crowd of about 4 million players icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Maybe if they actually charged those people for tickets they could reduce the prices slightly for those fans wh oactually want to be there to watch their team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There will be some of the Club Wembley seat that have had people pay upwards of £5k for the privilege to go to Wembley for 10 years, so that's closer to 28%

tbh the amount of 'football family' is ridiculously high. That is something that needs to be looked at, and save it for the community shield, when it is actually relevant. Don't mind the individual County FA's getting a couple of tickets each as in 90000 that's hardly going to reduce the capacity much. Do that, increase the clubs share to 30,000 each, knock £10/15 off the top 3 price ranges and bobs your uncle.

Give me the FA job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'd like to point out PJ has just spent a wee while quizzing me on whether i thought cardiff was exepnsive last year for the carling cup final etc icon_wink.gif

sorry mart, but i don't get it. where does it say that people who have applied for away tickets get priority? It's just saying that 25k have applied at some point, so if you think you're gonna get a ticket based on having applied for an away think again. It doesn't actually say that away applications are being taken into account at all?

what am I missing?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

• Priority will be given to Season Ticket holders who have purchased tickets for the nine 2006/07 home cup games (Celtic, Copenhagen, Benfica, Aston Villa, Portsmouth, Reading, Lille, Middlesbrough and Roma) AND who have applied for tickets for domestic Away games this season (up to and including Portsmouth on 7 April 2007). Within this category, tickets will be allocated to supporters with the highest number of applications for away games first then allocated on a descending basis thereafter. We expect that, should they apply, all existing members of the domestic away loyalty pot will receive tickets. Tickets will be balloted if necessary.

• In the extremely unlikely event of tickets remaining, supporters who purchased fewer than nine home cup games will be invited to apply. An announcement regarding this will be made at 6pm on Friday 27 April. Fans with fewer than nine home cup games should not attempt to apply before this date.

Fans applying with friends or relatives with lower numbers of home cup matches will have their application categorised on the basis of the holder of the lowest number of home cup games. The Club will not be responsible for an unsuccessful application for a qualifying ST holder if it was made in conjunction with one which did not reach the qualification level.

General

The Club is not responsible for failures in the postal system and Wembley Stadium has a no duplicates policy therefore an additional charge of £4.05 will be added to all successful bookings to cover the cost of recorded delivery.

If you are paying by credit card, the 3% administration charge will be waived on this occasion.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there you go jim was 3 pages on the official site

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

hmm. i know mart didn't apply for one game (spurs i think), think we've applied for most of the others though, so fingers crossed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he missed two games in total spurs and boro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Give me the FA job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The biggest travesty is that unless things have changed since i last checked, a large proportion of those 'football family' tickets will end up in the hands of real fans of the two clubs anyway, just at an even higher price through touts. If the FA accepted that that was the case and they couldn't do anything about it, they could be realistic and just give them to the clubs anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

rossi has scored for parma who lead fiorentina 1-0 atm icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, again?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

ah, OK. Well, we've applied for the lot, so fingers crossed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got them if you have applied for them all, UNLESS the ticket office mess up (possible).

We've applied for nearly every game so I think we'll get them.

Dear Mr Hall,

I'm writing in specific regard to the allocation of tickets for the semi-final against Watford at Villa Park and in general about the distribution of away tickets for all games.

Whilst I understand that any system will have imperfections and with such a large following and relatively small allocation there will always be people left disappointed I believe that the situation relating to semi-final applications has highlighted major flaws in the system that United should look into, if possible for next season.

By allowing anyone with a season ticket who had applied for all home cup games (including those forced into the automatic cup ticket scheme last summer) the club opened up applications to too many people. Opening up applications to such a wide group meant that marked differences in loyalty were not taken into account. As a family (we have 3 season tickets, renewed each season for over a decade) we have applied for every away game in the last 4 seasons (having missed out on the original loyalty pot after deciding not to apply for Middlesbrough and the club 'losing' the record of a Southampton application). This loyalty was simply ignored. For the purposes of this ballot we were treated in exactly the same manner as a new season ticket holder, who has not even attempted to apply for away tickets before.

It also seems there was confusion and unfair treatment post ballot. We went to Rome (my 48th Euro away with United) on a 4 day trip and found out our application had been unsuccessful whilst out there. We were also told that those that had unsuccessfully applied for tickets and then emailed the club were being called and offered tickets - given we were still in Rome, we were unable to take up this opportunity.

On arriving back on Thursday the website indicated that all tickets had been sold and made no mention of further applications or the possibility of picking up returns. We naturally assumed that there would be no possibility of raising the issue with the ticket office until Tuesday due to the bank holiday (from what I could see, there was no mention that the ticket office would be working on Easter Monday). So, we were surprised to find out from a fellow fan (Martin Sheehan, ask Mr Gill about him, he's a personal friend so I'm told) on Monday afternoon that people had been able to contact the ticket office, and had been offered tickets. On contacting the office, we were told that indeed, there had been tickets available in the morning, but once again we'd missed out, as they'd all been sold.

It seems that both in the initial applications and in the actions afterwards, loyalty isn't important and it's more down to luck as to whether tickets will be made available.

I understand that you have limited resources and any system has to deal with large volumes of applications, but surely you should look at adopting a more subtle and genuinely fair system? As I understand it a number of other clubs in the Premiership run systems in which points are awarded for each and every application (points dependant on the venue) and priority for tickets is given to those that have built up the biggest bank of points.

Even if such a system isn't practical, surely it would be possible to include something beyond home tickets in the system for allocating domestic cup tickets? Does our history of applications and our continued support of the club abroad count for nothing?

As an aside, will those who applied but were unlucky for semi-final tickets be given priority for a final ticket (fingers crossed!) or once again will we simply be reliant on an unfair system and being lucky in being in correspondence with the club at the right time post ballot.

One final point, over the last couple of seasons, it is being more and more apparent that the number of away tickets appearing on the 'black market' is growing. For non-loyalty pot fans, you're far more likely to get a ticket through a 'friend of a friend', via a number of well known fan sites or though various contacts.

----------

Feels like they actually listened icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I understand that you have limited resources and any system has to deal with large volumes of applications, but surely you should look at adopting a more subtle and genuinely fair system? As I understand it a number of other clubs in the Premiership run systems in which points are awarded for each and every application (points dependant on the venue) and priority for tickets is given to those that have built up the biggest bank of points.

Even if such a system isn't practical, surely it would be possible to include something beyond home tickets in the system for allocating domestic cup tickets? Does our history of applications and our continued support of the club abroad count for nothing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really surprised such a scheme hasn't even been implemented for a trial period at United. Take 100% of points from the current season (or last 12 months), then 75% for the 12 months prior to that, and 50% for the 12 months prior to that, and 25% for the 12 months prior to that.

Though one problem could end up being that people apply for every game and in 4/5 years time we end up with everyone on the same points level and we're back to square 1.

lads, who's up for Peterborough away in pre-season? Saturday August 4th, £20 a ticket, terracing \O/, should be a good laugh, first chance to see Huntelaar, Torres, Nani, Hargreaves and Ribery in the shirt, lovely stuff. tickets selling fast apparently, need to book them fairly sharpish.

Archived