The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

You know all those "Compilations" on youtube for various players of many sports, has anyone made an "Anti-Compilation" for KR? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they did, but at 27 hours long it was bigger than their maximum allowed file size.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Rossi = Brilliant

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

how cool is that penalty? icon_biggrin.gif just lets Frey commit himself and tucks it the other way, brilliant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rossi is brilliant or Frey is really really crap. Either way Rossi completely outfoxed him for that penalty icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

You know all those "Compilations" on youtube for various players of many sports, has anyone made an "Anti-Compilation" for KR? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they did, but at 27 hours long it was bigger than their maximum allowed file size. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pique's Man Utd future decided this week

Gerard Pique's agent will be in England on Friday for talks with Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Spanish defender has been outstanding on-loan at Real Zaragoza this season and Arturo Canales says they're seeking a definitive answer from Ferguson about next term.

Canales told AS: "Until I speak with Ferguson I cannot anticipate anything. Sincerely, I do not know what is going to happen. Zaragoza very much want Gerard to continue and the player is very happy with the team and the city. "For that reason I have come this week to England, to listen to Ferguson and to consider every possibility with him. But the decision is with Manchester, just as last summer. Then, Zaragoza wanted to have a purchase option and Manchester said 'no'. They accepted a year's loan. Hopefully the operation can be repeated." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

interesting. don't think he'll be back here next season personally.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

So, any suggestions for a replacement user name? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

KR?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

So, any suggestions for a replacement user name? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huntevillarres?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Ashley Cole? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like it. Gives everyone fair warning that I'm a bit of a ****. Bling and I could swap numbers for full effect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

ROONEY VOTED FOR DROGBA

Wayne Rooney has revealed that he voted for Chelsea striker Didier Drogba in the PFA Player of the Year awards.

The England striker expects teammate Cristiano Ronaldo to walk away with the award but admits that he voted for his biggest rival - Ivory Coast striker Drogba.

The leading pair are joined by Cesc Fabregas and Steven Gerrard as well as United teammates Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs in the shortlist.

"I think Ronaldo will win it [the main award], but he could win both," Rooney told the Manchester United website. "He's been brilliant all season.

"I picked Drogba - only because we weren't allowed to pick any of our team-mates. But Drogba has been fantastic this season, as has Cesc Fabregas, who I voted for Young Player of the Year.

"I hope Ronaldo will win it. If he does, it will be fully deserved."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

OLE PREPARING FOR SWANSONG SEASON

Norway striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed next season is likely to be his last as a professional footballer.

The 34-year-old has a contract with Manchester United until next summer, but told Norwegian newspaper VG he is unlikely to continue after that.

"No," Solskjaer said when asked if he could see a future beyond next season.

However, he is determined to play out the rest of his career at Old Trafford.

"I'll most likely stay here. I have one year left on my contract and I'm aiming to do as well as possible to carry on," the Norwegian continued.

"I'll have to see how I feel. I could suddenly say enough is enough, but I'll stay here next year in any case."

Solskjaer is in his 11th season with United, but has spent the last few years battling to overcome knee problems.

However, the striker is confident he will still be able to play at Premiership level in the 2007/08 campaign.

"I'm almost certain I'll be better next season. Then I'll have this season behind me after two or three years out," he added.

"I'll be able to play at a higher level."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wouldn't surprise me if Drogba wins PotY, the three united players might have votes split between then á la '99.

i'm stocking up on kleenex for the day Ole retires. not in that way you sick people.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i'm stocking up on kleenex for the day Ole retires. not in that way you sick people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but that'll be the one and only day where we'd have been wrong with that assumption.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">there was talk on the RN VIP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I skim read that as the RVN forum. I thought it was an explanation as to why Mika hadn't been around much recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at that forum every thread's a sticky one for mika.

Hope those who go on aways regularly get lucky with the ballot.

I've just got a regret email through for the home leg of Milan but it said that there's another ballot on Friday which, well to be frank I can't say I see the point in. Is it in case they get returned/rejected tickets from the first ballot to pass on to those who entered but were unlucky?

No word on whether I've got one for the last day of the season as yet but I think my average success rate will result in Boro on Saturday probably being my last OT trip this season.

Loving how well Rossi is playing for Parma, hopefully he'll keep them up and Fergie will bring him back as a regular. The Saha thing has been coming for a while, the upside is that his early season should have kept his market value at a decent level and we can make back about £7mill back on him. Don't expect Gill to get a higher figure out of any potential suitor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Ole won't go. He should still be here as some sort of coach. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't based on anything but how I perceive Ole but I just don't see him as a coach or wanting to be on the training field every day personally.

Don't get me wrong, I think the fact that he comes across as being intelligent and articulate as well as being a model pro means he'd probably be good at youth development especially but I'm not sure I get the "coach vibe" from him as you do with some players. Don't get it from Giggsy or Scholes either. GNev is an obvious choice for someone who does fits the mould for me.

The idea of him being a "club representative/ambassador" that was floated by someone a while back is probably a better fit IMO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

He's been doing his coaching badges, so he obviously is open to that idea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never said he wasn't open to the idea but a lot of players, sensibly, see coaching as an avenue for staying in the sport do they not? Given his recent experience with injuries and a prolonged period of time out it seems logical to me for him to keep his mind focussed on football when he couldn't get out on the pitch himself.

Like I said its more of a general musing about how I see/have a gut feeling about the sort role he'd take up at the club after retiring from the game, wasn't based on knowing he's been doing his badges or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Never said he wasn't open to the idea but a lot of players, sensibly, see coaching as an avenue for staying in the sport, regardless of whether they actually use them or choose another avenue do they not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meant to add that prior to pressing post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">there was talk on the RN VIP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I skim read that as the RVN forum. I thought it was an explanation as to why Mika hadn't been around much recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at that forum every thread's a sticky one for mika. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

"I went to watch Chelsea, see what they were about, see their manager and just try to pick up different things. I left before extra-time but, overall, I was disappointed with the game. I thought it was poor. I think we would have taken either of them on the weekend's performance. It was like when I watched Middlesbrough versus West Brom in the Cup a few weeks ago and, when people asked me what I thought, I said, 'We'd take any of them.'"

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

KEANOOOOOOO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

"I went to watch Chelsea, see what they were about, see their manager and just try to pick up different things. I left before extra-time but, overall, I was disappointed with the game. I thought it was poor. I think we would have taken either of them on the weekend's performance. It was like when I watched Middlesbrough versus West Brom in the Cup a few weeks ago and, when people asked me what I thought, I said, 'We'd take any of them.'"

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

KEANOOOOOOO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sunderland to promote and do the double over Chelsea next season icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

The Reserves beat Liverpool 1-0 tonight, Chris Eagles the scorer.

United: Heaton; Barnes, Lee, Lea, Evans; Mullan, Ngalula, Eagles (Fagan, 81), Burns; Marsh, Dong (Bryan, 81). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good stuff, puts us top of the league iirc. that's our season done though and Bolton, Citeh and Boro all have games in hand to overtake us, so it'll take a bit of a miracle for us to stay there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cristiano Ronaldooooooooo:

Got a Milan Home ticket but not away or West Ham icon_frown.gif

ah well in Stretty for Milan icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

west ham ballot out now then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

From September to February I had community service every Saturday so that ruled them out. Weeknights I can't get up in time without taking 2 days off work. Sundays can't do for similar reasons. I don't drive, so need to get someone else to come up and I've only got one mate who drives and is a United fan.

So it's tough, but I get up whenever I can. So, when a game is closer to where I live and I have a chance of a ticket and of getting there, then what's the problem.

If I could, I'd go to every game. I hate having to turn tickets down, but sometimes it just can't be done </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aces, so you're going to Milan at home yet didn't bother with Sheffield United or the ilk?

My mate applies for every game with mine and his memberships (well he has been since February when I could go again) without asking, so any game is a bonus. He doesn't know if he's got one yet though which is a bit of a nightmare, cos he drives us up. So if he doesn't get one he'll be taking mine and going on his own icon_frown.gif

If i didn't live so far away I'd try the Sheff Utd games etc, but to have to take time of work, drive up there and back, spend all that money to watch a game, which to be fair, was never going to be a classic it makes it tricky.

You saying I should apply for the CL Semi final just because I didn't go up last week?

Bagpuss *ahem* does it, I know plenty of reds that do it, Razor Eddie, the guy is 102 yet still goes to pretty much most home games, including the poor games, take time off work? You need 2 half days at most?

Had this exact same conversation with a fella in the pub last night actually.

aw ****, that's my superfan coming out again icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

My mate applies for every game with mine and his memberships (well he has been since February when I could go again) without asking, so any game is a bonus. He doesn't know if he's got one yet though which is a bit of a nightmare, cos he drives us up. So if he doesn't get one he'll be taking mine and going on his own icon_frown.gif

If i didn't live so far away I'd try the Sheff Utd games etc, but to have to take time of work, drive up there and back, spend all that money to watch a game, which to be fair, was never going to be a classic it makes it tricky.

You saying I should apply for the CL Semi final just because I didn't go up last week? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he is pointing this out as a perfect example of the shambles of the ticketing system that is in existence. Basically you shouldn't really get a Milan ticket and he should because he makes the effort to go to more games.

He is right though, he should have got a ticket through the ballot system and you probably shouldn't have.

I know, but when I only earn £1000 a month and have 20 days holiday a year - and i do actually want a week off in the summer too for a break - it makes it tough. In a nutshell, I'd rather go to the Milan game over Sheff United. Surely anyone would?

lol, tbf i'm with pickles I'm a **** also and cant get to every game/don't make the effort because of time and/or money.

but i agree your a better fan than the likes of us day trippers!

but tbf the amount of games i've applied to with one united this season (most of them) compared to the amount i've got, i think none! makes getting tickets pretty ****ing hard.

And now that im in the midlands it means i cant go through my supporters branch either which i always used to get tickets with. Next season how ever ill re join up and get as many home and away tickets as i can \o/.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He is right though, he should have got a ticket through the ballot system and you probably shouldn't have </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't get me wrong Ryno, I totally agree. But it's a ballot, i.e. a random draw, what am I supposed to do? Give him my ticket because he's been to more games than me?

I'm not trying to rub his nose in it or anything, I do genuinely hope he gets one cos he 'deserves' one (if that's the right word.)

Archived